Valiant NY Offices are Permanently Closed

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

The Harbinger
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Re: Valiant NY Offices are Permanently Closed

Post by The Harbinger »

Should've never hired Heather Antos

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

The Harbinger wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:31:54 pm Should've never hired Heather Antos
Agreed, but the previous 2 senior editors (Robert ??) and the guy before him were just as bad. The rot set in straight away since 2018. They’ve just made bad hire after bad hire. Heather Antos was supposed to bring in the ‘young, hip crowd’...young and hip but not very good at making comics it seems.

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:34:34 pm
The Harbinger wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:31:54 pm Should've never hired Heather Antos
Agreed, but the previous 2 senior editors (Robert ??) and the guy before him were just as bad. The rot set in straight away since 2018. They’ve just made bad hire after bad hire. Heather Antos was supposed to bring in the ‘young, hip crowd’...young and hip but not very good at making comics it seems.
Continuity has been *SQUEE* with since 2015/16!

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

syzhang28 wrote: they gave bloodshot wings
Wait... What?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Sunlight on Snow

lorddunlow wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:41:26 pm
Wait... What?

But you do know what (else) Livewire did? (Before she grew BS some chicken wings.)

Seriously, you need to read HW2. BEST EVENT EVER. Just like they promised. facepalm

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:12:38 am
Wait... What?

But you do know what (else) Livewire did? (Before she grew BS some chicken wings.)

Seriously, you need to read HW2. BEST EVENT EVER. Just like they promised. facepalm
Don’t fall for this trick, Dunlow!

greg, I think this counts as cyber bullying.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

They paid her to spend time on Twitter broadcasting nonsense.
They should've hired an editor instead.

Sunlight on Snow

Chiclo wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:10:23 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:12:38 am
Wait... What?

Don’t fall for this trick, Dunlow!

greg, I think this counts as cyber bullying.
:funnypost:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:11:15 pm
Chiclo wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:37:02 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:56:08 pm
Chiclo wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:09:13 pm
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:03:56 pm Seriously, I wanna know how DocTom is going to end. I'm so *SQUEE* scared right now!
I can’t tell if you are serious or not. Germans are not known for their comedy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aKzpGYUo-0

I will never understand why we have these....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGpuvPidF-8

...and I always have to flush twice. Must be the vegan diet. :lol:
It makes sense that a German comedian would be from Bavaria. They are the fun-loving Germans. A comedy club in Bremen would be more depressing than NPR on a Saturday afternoon.
Hmm. He's hardly a real Bavarian (almost typed barbarian). The villages he was born and raised in are very close to Hesse and he certainly doesn't have a Bavarian accent when he's talking German. Based on where he's from--a rather small village in the middle of nowhere--and keeping in mind he's a physician he really isn't supposed to be funny. :lol:
A funny Hessian? That really boggles the mind. My family hosted a foreign exchange student from Frankfurt. Her sense of humor was almost alien. She was half German and half Polish and really exemplified the worst of both stereotypes, every bit as slothful as she was arrogant.

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

CylonSteve wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:30:39 pm
syzhang28 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:30:57 am
CylonSteve wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:32:10 pm It has been a while since I have posted here. I admit I am a little behind on Valiant Comics. However, I just re-read Harbinger vol. 1 by Josh Dysart. (Trades I thought I had lent out and never gotten back but found over the weekend) Anywho, what happened to Valiant? I picked up some issues from time to time to catch up somewhat. (I really enjoyed Bloodshot: Reborn by Jeff Lemire) But, then realized they haven't been putting out much stuff. I just checked the Valiant website and I saw that the solicitations they are only releasing 2-3 books a month. I understand that COVID-19 certainly put a wrench into things in 2020, but has it been this bad for a while?

Like I said it been a while since I posted, and went back to my lurking ways. However, the lack of an office isn't good. Is this a sky is falling moment for Valiant?
One persons view here

It's shooter and acclaim all over again. Dinesh was pushed out in a investor coup. The chinese took over. All the good writers and artists left to follow Dinesh to a new company called Bad Idea. Bad Idea hired a lot of the best staff from Valiant. After dinesh, sales at Valiant started to drop and are no way down, Valiant ignored continuity, are publishing less books and interest is mostly down. All the movies fell apart except for Bloodshot which Dinesh produced for Sony. He also produced the Witcher after valiant. There's been a revolving door of editor in chiefs at valiant. oh and they gave bloodshot wings for some reason and made livewire a mass, mass, mass murderer...
I knew about coup. About the Chinese taking over and when Dinesh was out it made me sad. Only because I had met him 3 times, he was always approachable and friendly. It seems like this company has no interest in comics they just want to use the characters for movies to make the next Marvel Cinematic Universe. (countless companies tried to match them and failed, but you never know) I think what you had said about Shooter it seems like history is repeating. (Rhyming rather Mark Twain would say)

I see that the Bad Idea has all of the original VEI creators, I do want to buy the first issue of his new business venture. Curious to see how it will go,as I am a fan of Matt Kindt.

I guess at the end of the day what was cool was Jeff Lemire's desire to write Bloodshot and getting to do it was badass. Those stories are kind of self contained.

I also seethis forum as a ghost town :( At this rate it wouldn't blow me away if VEI goes belly up and the characters are cheap enough and Disney (Or AT&T Time Warner) buys them. So then all the Valiant Characters go into the Disney Vault with Malibu and Crossgen characters.

I can understand the frustration of Valiant Fans. Seems like we had a couple of winning seasons only to be going 2-14 or 3-13 every season.

Man the exciting 2012 Valiant I do have found memories of it. I shall miss it and hope for its return.
Ha! We’re in the rebuilding years, (1/2018-Now) after winning a few chips (5/2012-12/2017). Going through this, and seeing the the old band (Dino & the whole bad idea crew) back together building a new company with the same enthusiasm and energy that was once here, stings a bit. Happy for them of course, all bad Idea books will be added to my pull as solicited. But you can’t help but think, what if, what if they still owned and played for this franchise. Damn! :hm:
#StayValiant

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Chiclo wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:36:24 pm A funny Hessian? That really boggles the mind. My family hosted a foreign exchange student from Frankfurt. Her sense of humor was almost alien. She was half German and half Polish and really exemplified the worst of both stereotypes, every bit as slothful as she was arrogant.

I am patiently waiting for your memoirs to be written