VEI's November 2020 Solicitations

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
VEI's November 2020 Solicitations

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

http://valiantentertainment.com/2020/08 ... citations/

- X-O Manowar #2
- Rai #9
- Bloodshot Book Three
- HW2 Deluxe Edition

Previewsworld is now listing Bloodshot #10 for release on Jan 13, 2021.

This is nuts!

What are they actually working on (doing) the entire day?

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: VEI's November 2020 Solicitations

Post by nycjadie »

Thanks for posting. I'm sad to see so few books.

X-O 2 - Looks like they will have a 1:25 variant.

HW2 Deluxe - This is really nice to have. I note that they included HW2 0. I can't recall, but I thought that wasn't to be in the final collection as you had to mail away for it. It was one of those special quirky books that you needed to chase for. By printing it in a collection, it really devalues that book from a collector perspective.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:39:34 am What are they actually working on (doing) the entire day?
Why do they even have an office?

Oh, wait...

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

They have scaled back everything to barebones and are looking to just "Stay Alive" i'll be shocked it we are getting more than two books a month from here on out for awhile..

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

betterthanezra wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:38:25 am They have scaled back everything to barebones and are looking to just "Stay Alive" i'll be shocked it we are getting more than two books a month from here on out for awhile..

-Brian
When they scaled down to 5-6 titles per month after the DMG takeover, *that* felt like barebones survival mode. This extended period of 1-2 new comics plus some tpb’s is starting to feel like there are also a lot of bones missing from the skeleton.

Maybe it was a case of just going too far when they scaled back and ordered “pencils down” during the worst period of the pandemic closures... I think it takes months to put together publishing plans from scratch to the moment when the comic hits a store shelf (or digital website). I am somewhat hopeful that they will continue to ramp up the number of monthly titles eventually - although the track record for entertaining, quality comics even when there were ~6 books per month has not been great for some time either. I certainly won’t be reading the current XO series when it resumes, I still have a bad taste in my brain from the first issue.

Dang it, I’m just looking for a silver lining here... it’s not easy to find.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by syzhang28 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:39:34 am http://valiantentertainment.com/2020/08 ... citations/

- X-O Manowar #2
- Rai #9
- Bloodshot Book Three
- HW2 Deluxe Edition

This is nuts!

wow. this is so sad. Valiant did the impossible it came back from the dead AND was awesome. i hope we're not entering another decades long period of lameness.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

nycjadie wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:45:07 am Thanks for posting. I'm sad to see so few books.

HW2 Deluxe - This is really nice to have. I note that they included HW2 0. I can't recall, but I thought that wasn't to be in the final collection as you had to mail away for it. It was one of those special quirky books that you needed to chase for. By printing it in a collection, it really devalues that book from a collector perspective.
I hope it wasn't announced by Dinesh and co as not being collected. That would be a real slap in the face to fans who sent in the coupons.

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

syzhang28 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:46:30 pm
nycjadie wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:45:07 am Thanks for posting. I'm sad to see so few books.

I hope it wasn't announced by Dinesh and co as not being collected. That would be a real slap in the face to fans who sent in the coupons.
ANY Chance this current group has to Slap Dinesh in the face and the people who support him is exactly WHY this is being included in the Deluxe

It's a shame

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:39:34 am http://valiantentertainment.com/2020/08 ... citations/

- X-O Manowar #2
- Rai #9
- Bloodshot Book Three
- HW2 Deluxe Edition

This is nuts!

It might be only 4 books but I have to say

1) Bloodshot
2) Rai
3) Harbinger
4) X-O Manowar

Only a few months ago people were complaining about the lack of focus on the key Valiant properties. At least we are getting that now.

Sunlight on Snow

magnus20009 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:00:26 am 1) Bloodshot
2) Rai
3) Harbinger
4) X-O Manowar

Only a few months ago people were complaining about the lack of focus on the key Valiant properties. At least we are getting that now.
They seem to be focusing on laying low.....on the "universe not being absolute".

2-3 books/month don't exactly make a shared universe.

At the same time they keep teasing us to death (as usual).

ps. It's worth mentioning #BadIdea's is doing a much better job in that category while not publishing anything at all.

Sunlight on Snow

grendeljd wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:22:56 pm Dang it, I’m just looking for a silver lining here... it’s not easy to find.
It's just really frustrating times!

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

betterthanezra wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:43:13 pm

ANY Chance this current group has to Slap Dinesh in the face and the people who support him is exactly WHY this is being included in the Deluxe

It's a shame

-Brian
If DMG had the opportunity to republish Book of the Geomancer I would for sure go and buy it asap. I sent in the coupons for HW2 #0, but I would still appreciate a chance for normal people to own it.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

TheFerg714 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:39:18 am

It's a shame

-Brian
If DMG had the opportunity to republish Book of the Geomancer I would for sure go and buy it asap. I sent in the coupons for HW2 #0, but I would still appreciate a chance for normal people to own it.
That's a good point. If they are going to break promises break this one so I can finally include this story in my trades collections shelf

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:48:43 am
magnus20009 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:00:26 am 1) Bloodshot
2) Rai
3) Harbinger
4) X-O Manowar

They seem to be focusing on laying low.....on the "universe not being absolute".

2-3 books/month don't exactly make a shared universe.

At the same time they keep teasing us to death (as usual).

ps. It's worth mentioning #BadIdea's is doing a much better job in that category while not publishing anything at all.
Bad Idea may be doing the best job of anybody in comics right now in that regard. Did anyone see that the button died today? The video they posted about it is literally laugh out loud funny

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

It's a shame

-Brian
I would agree this was possible if they hadn't proved to be so bad at making choices even when those bad choices aren't a slap to Dinesh lol

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

magnus20009 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:00:26 am

- X-O Manowar #2
- Rai #9
- Bloodshot Book Three
- HW2 Deluxe Edition

This is nuts!

1) Bloodshot
2) Rai
3) Harbinger
4) X-O Manowar

This ain’t it chief, not even close... :|
#StayValiant

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

I think this is the least single issue books we have got from Valiant since June 2012. Just for *SQUEE* and giggles I made this Summer of 2012 vs Fall of 2020 comparison

vs

nycjadie
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

syzhang28 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:21:31 pm I think this is the least single issue books we have got from Valiant since June 2012. Just for *SQUEE* and giggles I made this Summer of 2012 vs Fall of 2020 comparison

vs

I had the EXACT same thought!

The Chosen 1
My posts can all fit in a short box
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

I'm guessing you have a selective memory when *SQUEE* on Valiant and the endless blowing of Dinesh you do.

There was such a *SQUEE* storm or negative comments from The Book of Death: Legends of the Geomancer, when it was announced the only way you could get them was when they were released. The BOD:LOTG were never going to be reprinted or collected in a TPB. Im guessing you choose to forget that. It doesn't fit into your Valiant bashing narrative.

It was never announced HW@ #0 was not going to be reprinted in some format, and common sense would dictate that the #0 would find its way in a TPB or compendium.

So, when they announce that they are going to add the #0 send away, you lose your mind and *SQUEE* over Valiant for printing it and it being a slap in the face?

Stop being a *SQUEE* and complain about everything valiant does. Its getting pathetic and annoying. You're not even trying to be objective. You should set up a Bad Ideas forum and *SQUEE* off your comments there.
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

The Chosen 1 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:10:16 pm

I'm guessing you have a selective memory when *SQUEE* on Valiant and the endless blowing of Dinesh you do.

There was such a *SQUEE* storm or negative comments from The Book of Death: Legends of the Geomancer, when it was announced the only way you could get them was when they were released. The BOD:LOTG were never going to be reprinted or collected in a TPB. Im guessing you choose to forget that. It doesn't fit into your Valiant bashing narrative.

It was never announced HW@ #0 was not going to be reprinted in some format, and common sense would dictate that the #0 would find its way in a TPB or compendium.

So, when they announce that they are going to add the #0 send away, you lose your mind and *SQUEE* over Valiant for printing it and it being a slap in the face?

Stop being a *SQUEE* and complain about everything valiant does. Its getting pathetic and annoying. You're not even trying to be objective. You should set up a Bad Ideas forum and *SQUEE* off your comments there.
Are you talking to me or NYCJadie? Because my post was objective, well thought out and did not take an stand on if Valiant said they would republish it one way or the other. If you're talking about NYCJadie I gotta stick up for him and say he also said "I can't recall". So why the angry post at us?

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

agent_graves wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:27:57 pm

- X-O Manowar #2
- Rai #9
- Bloodshot Book Three
- HW2 Deluxe Edition

This is nuts!

1) Bloodshot
2) Rai
3) Harbinger
4) X-O Manowar

Yeah I know but it could have been worse.

It could have been:
1) Forgotten Queen
2) Secret Weapons
3) Faith Deluxe
4) A&A Adventure of Archer and Armstrong TPB

I am just trying to inject a little bit of positivity

mramsterdam
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by mramsterdam »

magnus20009 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:36:40 pm
agent_graves wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:27:57 pm

- X-O Manowar #2
- Rai #9
- Bloodshot Book Three
- HW2 Deluxe Edition

This is nuts!

1) Bloodshot
2) Rai
3) Harbinger
4) X-O Manowar

Yeah I know but it could have been worse.

It could have been:
1) Forgotten Queen
2) Secret Weapons
3) Faith Deluxe
4) A&A Adventure of Archer and Armstrong TPB

I am just trying to inject a little bit of positivity
Replace Secret Weapons with Psi lords and you got it. :thumb:
I-Only judge porn by the cover.

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

mramsterdam wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:22:46 am
My brain has completely wiped out that PSI-Lords even happened. If we never speak or refer to them again we can pretend they never existed.

The Chosen 1
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

syzhang28 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:40:35 pm
The Chosen 1 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:10:16 pm

Are you talking to me or NYCJadie? Because my post was objective, well thought out and did not take an stand on if Valiant said they would republish it one way or the other. If you're talking about NYCJadie I gotta stick up for him and say he also said "I can't recall". So why the angry post at us?
Actually angry post at you. Nothing you say is objective. Theres always a smart arse angle and hanging continuous crap on Valiant. You despise Valiant so much, why are you even here.
Like the dumb post about there being no Valiant head office. So many different ways that could have been posted. Your posts are just a waste on time, with no objectivity at all.

Set your Bad Ideas forum up and *SQUEE* off.
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

Sunlight on Snow

magnus20009 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:05:22 am
mramsterdam wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:22:46 am
My brain has completely wiped out that PSI-Lords even happened. If we never speak or refer to them again we can pretend they never existed.
I wish HW2 never happened, and the decision tree.

Psi-Lords on the other hand didn't quite ruin any pre-existing character in particular. It was just a b-movie like comic; the #BadTaste of comics.