X-O Manowar 58 sells for $450

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Re: X-O Manowar 58 sells for $450

Post by possumgrease »

aj583 wrote:Any tips on crypto currency purchasing? I’m ready to take the plunge. I’m being told Ethereum is the way to go. Would love to hear your perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not financial advice, but I would do something like an 80/20 split with BTC and ETH. If you want to branch further, pick up a little LINK and DOT.

Do your own research and recognize that we may be halfway up a repeating parabolic rise at the moment with a sharp drop later in the year (see Stock to Flow Models) or, with regards to BTC, “this time is different” and we’re at the start of a paradigm shift where institutions and treasuries are piling in (see Tesla, square, microstrategy, etc).

My months of research have concluded that there’s still time to make some money this year if you are short term and, if you have a 3-5 year horizon, then you have plenty of time to make great returns, but watch out for parabolic peak between July and October of this year.

If you’d like a referral link for a whopping $10 of BTC with Coinbase, shoot me a pm.

I don’t mean to sound like a bot but this has been my passion since VEI stopped making comics.

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

aj583 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:22:45 pm Any tips on crypto currency purchasing? I’m ready to take the plunge. I’m being told Ethereum is the way to go. Would love to hear your perspective.
I am not a financial advisor. :thumb:

Depends on short term vs long term goals.

For me, I have about a 75% Bitcoin (BTC) and 25% Ethereum (ETH) mix.

Like comic books, 99% of "Altcoins" (alternate cryptocurrencies) will fail; however, (for a lack of better comparison) consider these two the like the Marvel and DC of the cryptocurrency universe. BTC and ETH are where the "institutional" money has gone (and continues to go) as a "store of value" and as a "hedge against inflation." Another way to think of BTC is as a "Bank in Cyberspace" that no single nation or individual owns or controls.

Today BTC and ETH are volatile; however, as more money enters the game, the more stable they will become. Pls note that BTC was able to reach $1 trillion in less than 12 years -- significantly faster than Apple (42 yrs), Amazon (24 yrs), Microsoft (44 yrs), or Google (22 yrs) (ALL very strong companies).

As of today, here is the approx. rankings based on Market Cap:

1. Bitcoin -- $1,096,771,108,845
2. Ethereum -- $245,339,300,335
3. Binance -- $60,958,524,578
4. XRP -- $49,375,070,835
5. Tether -- $43,017,592,256

There is also a lot of interest in Cardano (No. 7) and Polkadot (No. 6).

Basically, a LOT of people are looking to find the "next BIG thing" for a crazy ROI. Maybe they will find it, who knows really. Personally, I am focused FIRST on BTC and SECOND on ETH.

I feel 100% confident in BTC.

I feel 90% confident in ETH (100% in the technology; however, there are competitors (i.e. Cardano?)...)

aj583
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by aj583 »

Super helpful. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk