Counterfeit Valiant book UPDATE , FYI

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: Counterfeit Valiant book Red Alert 911

Post by Chiclo »

valiantdude wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:20:57 am How about this...instead of thinking of all the ways it couldn't be true... try to think of how it could be true..
I think that very point has been addressed by Dinesh, speaking to the likelihood that someone could have made copies of early 90s comics that were good enough to not be detected for 30 years, and then to have to turn a profit on that as well. We looked at the numbers. They don't crunch. We still want to believe; help us.
valiantdude wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:20:57 am Btw dont forget dinesh dropped that lawsuit against jim, and he tried to use dark horse as some tactic.. the liars usually are the ones that drop lawsuits, after legally attacking someone
Why was the lawsuit brought in the first place? Jim operated in bad faith while working at VEI. Jim is the one that left them in the middle of the night for Dark Horse, not the tactic of a trustworthy source of information. Jim claimed that they were not operating a comic publisher well, at least one group disagreed with his assessment by about seven figures. Jim and Dinesh are both real people, flawed and imperfect. I have heard first-hand accounts from both and history seems to favor one over the other. One is careful not to speak ill of the other; one calls the other names.

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!

Post by valiantdude »

dude anyone can make legal claims in a lawsuit... doesnt mean his reasoning was accurate, he dropped it because he is a liar, there was no case.

weird how I have to stick up for jim shooter on the valiant comics board, where birthday cake boy's word is somehow golden even though Mike richardson, a real valid publisher, thinks hes a total turd also..

arent people on here lawyers? arent there legal databases they have access to?

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

Sorry I took so long to get here! Battening down the hatches took longer than I thought. Ready to proceed with 911 Red Alert now!

8-)
:hm:

JCP
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Mico Suayan & Lewis LaRosa

Post by JCP »

valiantdude wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:01:41 am dude anyone can make legal claims in a lawsuit... doesnt mean his reasoning was accurate, he dropped it because he is a liar, there was no case.

weird how I have to stick up for jim shooter on the valiant comics board, where birthday cake boy's word is somehow golden even though Mike richardson, a real valid publisher, thinks hes a total turd also..

arent people on here lawyers? arent there legal databases they have access to?
Now entering the realm of libel. Way to go.
Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age!

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

I keep seeing that we're going to be sorry when all the details are made known.

No, what is going to happen is that someone might finally be USEFUL when all the details are made known.

Until then, we're in a multi-day Red Alert 911 of doing absolutely nothing except being told how sorry we'll be.

:?

You'll be sorry when you find out that I wasn't lying about the thing I had no details about and called everyone's attention to because I know a guy who knows THE guy who said the thing that doesn't have any details for you to check, but this is really an emergency, you'll see, because that guy who knows that guy is serious and so am I. Get ready to eat crow, because you've all been complaining that there are no details when there were no details... see how wrong you are?

:? :?

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

Greg, please try and remain objective....
When I recently contributed those 3 scripts to the board...scripts that have been MIA for 10-20 years... that would imply some sort of valid connection correct? I mean the VH1 DK fans think it was useful, including you in the comments..
The problem is literally people are saying Jim is a liar.. Do you want to hear the recording of Jim naming the issues? if you PM me we can talk about it. I've heard it, it's real.
What is the problem here? Jim is saying Sting, which issues, legal papers, and details... now people are saying Jim is a liar.. Thats what caused the problem..

valiantdude
Re: Counterfeit Valiant book UPDATE , FYI

Post by valiantdude »

its really interesting...because to dig up things and contribute must mean.... i like....care
Greg, dont get involved with personal squabbles, I've never in 19 years said one harsh or mean word to you because I actually really respect your work.
i dont appreciate you taking a side honestly, but i am willing to work with you because other people feel your opinion is valid...
Giving, has nothing to do with me.... i couldve easily said , holy *SQUEE* wow!, and went on with my day, kinda like Dinesh should have.. I couldve not posted anything
i must like...care...it has nothing to do with me... Getting Kudos on a semi obscure comic board fan forum is not what I'm shooting for as far as goals..
it doesnt say, valiantdude, on my Driver's License
But I love comics, cant lie... this will be a wild addendum to comic book history
PM me....Let's talk, you can hear it for yourself

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

:popcorn: :-o facepalm
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

What sides?!?

There either is or isn't counterfeits. No one can prove a negative, so the burden of proof is on the people claiming they exist. No one making these claims has done that or provided details other than which books were counterfeited because, again, the rest aren't details just vague plot points.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

greg

Post by greg »

valiantdude wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:07:00 pm Greg, dont get involved with personal squabbles, I've never in 19 years said one harsh or mean word to you because I actually really respect your work.
i dont appreciate you taking a side honestly, but i am willing to work with you because other people feel your opinion is valid...
We aren't taking sides.

You've given us nothing to check... so we can't tell you what side we're on. I've got pre-Unity books all over the place that I'm ready to check.

We're asking "WHAT CAN WE DO?" and there's no answer. That's not a side. That's like a guy walking around yelling "The End Is Near" and people asking the dude "What can we do about it?" ... and getting no answer. Are they taking a side?
SwiftMann wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:21:55 pm What sides?!?

There either is or isn't counterfeits. No one can prove a negative, so the burden of proof is on the people claiming they exist. No one making these claims has done that or provided details other than which books were counterfeited because, again, the rest aren't details just vague plot points.
This.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

Okay, Greg, so let's say you hear the recording of Jim saying all the things I'm saying, and it's not just coming via channels to the board through my posts..
Would that change you perspective at all?

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

and really we can break all my posts on this thread down to two points:

1) hey guys, jim shooter said all these things about fake books, isnt that a crazy development? Let's find Fred Pierce and see what he says! he's got more info!

2) Dont call Jim Shooter a liar for saying this, that's awful, why would you do that? he did not make this story up!

greg

Post by greg »

valiantdude wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:42:06 pm Okay, Greg, so let's say you hear the recording of Jim saying all the things I'm saying, and it's not just coming via channels to the board through my posts..
Would that change you perspective at all?
Is that what you're offering? For me to hear the recording and provide a transcript for the board?

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

have you not been reading what I have been posting? are you getting halfway and thinking about what your going to type before you finish?
Ive said that 2 or 3 times now

greg

Post by greg »

valiantdude wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:48:48 pm have you not been reading what I have been posting? are you getting halfway and thinking about what your going to type before you finish?
Ive said that 2 or 3 times now
You said to PM you - and I'm quite certain that there are no audio functions in Private Messages.

I'll PM you later. I have a niece that's turning 5 today and we have to go to that "party" (an hour-and-a-half away), so I won't be chatting about Valiant.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

SwiftMann wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:21:55 pm What sides?!?

I am taking a side. I want to believe.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

congratulations, have fun, PM sent

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

just to point out to the people reading this...
Everything i've relayed about Jims thoughts on this topic are accurate, so if there is a question about the accuracy of my reporting,,,there shouldn't be.
That is 100% not the issue.

The issue is BCB says Jim Shooter is flat out lying. The details, the sting, all a fabrication of an insane mind.

Is that accurate?
I already know it's not.. its more insane to think that.

Memes? Louder with BCB?

C'mon this is so weird

caxiotis
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Valiant fan since: 1991

Post by caxiotis »

lorddunlow wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:23:49 pm What the hell is this thread...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Just thinking this again
Pull List: I only buy TPB's, HC's and Hellboy comics

orbitalshift
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by orbitalshift »

lol All I'm saying is the amount of work that would go into actually counterfeiting comics would never be worth the effort and certainly would have been spotted by now if they existed in any significant numbers. I work for the worlds largest printer and yes we print some of the most sought after collectibles made and if our own customer were to bring us a previous printed part and asks us to replicate it from that printed piece instead of the original files it is very nearly impossible and that's using the same original equipment and personnel. It's far more likely that an unscrupulous printer or bad employee took overages and tried to pawn them off. And yes people are arrested for this type of illegal activity more than you would think.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

Exactly...
Haha!
Somehow the words changing makes people calm down.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

I am new to memes and am not sure I am doing it right.

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

Hey everyone! Just passing through. Love the crazy. This thread was the brightest part of my day. Love you guys and this place. Keep up the good work! Peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
***Support your local farmers!***

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Valiant Counterfeits?

SPIDER-ALIENS!