Counterfeit Valiant book UPDATE , FYI

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
Counterfeit Valiant book UPDATE , FYI

Post by valiantdude »

Holy s***, Red Alert, just got info via channels from Jim shooter directly. Counterfeit Valiants are as follows, all books printed before Eternal Warrior number one, thousands of copies of each pre-unity book, yes there are ways to tell the difference between a counterfeit and a regular, but Jim shooter said to ask fred Pierce. Jim shooter supposedly thought that the counterfeit Valiant situation was common knowledge, he had no idea that no one has ever had a clue
Last edited by valiantdude on Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:43:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

valiantdude
Re: Counterfeit Valiant book Red Alert 911

Post by valiantdude »

By the way guess they made it out to the public thousands of copies made it out

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

Sorry that was supposed to be Fred Pierce, I'm driving right now just got a call

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

How in the *SQUEE* hell are we just finding this out in the year 2021 for God's sakes. Dinesh worked with Jim shooter, and I'm not even going to get into how I feel about that right now but around him long enough to get that information and yet this is coming out now? After so many books have been slab and so many people have bought these books thinking they are authentic and it turns out that a certain percentage of these low print run books maybe fakes, what the hell is going on?
Last edited by valiantdude on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:16:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

Man this is interesting news as a Comic Collector this is going to rock the comic book market...
Sorry I am now not driving so I can clarify a little bit what Jim said was thousands of copies of each pre Unity book up until Eternal Warrior number one they were printing them to where you could almost not tell the difference but Fred Pierce knows how you can tell the difference, and thousands of copies of each pre Unity book were sold before they were caught, thousands of copies of each pre Unity book ..The counterfeit books made it to the comic book Market as authentic before they were shot down

michalward
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by michalward »

Not sure this warrants a Red Alert 911. Let's save that for when it's really necessary.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

I think it's something everyone should know immediately...so.....

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

I’d love to see one. They can’t be identical.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

nycjadie wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:12:35 pm I’d love to see one. They can’t be identical.
If we had a better description, we could have a new niche within our niche overnight.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

Red Alert: Jim's telling porkie pies

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

This is weird. It seems odd for Shooter to fib about fakes. But, if it is true, it seems odd that nobody has noticed. :?

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

You really think nobody would have noticed any difference by now if there were 1000s (THOUSANDS) of counterfeit copies???

Sounds very naive to me.

It's still possible...but not likely...and it's only true if there's physical evidence.

My dad always used to say "people can talk all day long but at the end of the day it's important what you experience and see with your own eyes."

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

dino wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:48:57 am Red Alert: Jim's telling porkie pies
Thanks Dino! Good to hear.

I'm sure there is a grain of truth in it somewhere though. Would love to hear the details from Fred if you can convince him to share!

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

I highly doubt thousands of pre-unity counterfeit copies are just snag in peoples PC’s if there are variations out there wouldn’t we have found one JUST one? We sit and try to decide if a chromium comic that’s just sun faded is a printing error or a possible variant lol

Until details of what the differences are and how to spot them are shown why would I believe this?

Proof is in the pudding and I want chocolate

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

ckb wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:02:29 am

I'm sure there is a grain of truth in it somewhere though. Would love to hear the details from Fred if you can convince him to share!
Counterfeiting the pre-unity books doesn't make financial sense based on the mechanics of printing a comic. It would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars if you could even convince a printer to do it (they're quite vigilant about these types of things).

Fred's go to on Jim is "he has convinced himself this lie is the truth".

ckb

Post by ckb »

dino wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:38:48 am
ckb wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:02:29 am

Counterfeiting the pre-unity books doesn't make financial sense based on the mechanics of printing a comic. It would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars if you could even convince a printer to do it (they're quite vigilant about these types of things).

Fred's go to on Jim is "he has convinced himself this lie is the truth".
Wow that is amazing! So the whole Midwest police sting is a "never really happened"?

The logical analysis of the whole idea brought me to the same place you describe - given the environment in the 1990's it seemed really dubious. But you never know what people with the right resources can do! Thanks for letting us know.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

Hey dinesh... you are full of *SQUEE*, how dare you say jim is lying.. that's the stupidest *SQUEE* ever.. you're just embarrassed you had the valiant birthday cake and you *SQUEE* on the dude that created valiant with your mommy's money..

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

They're are verifiable court papers from the midwest that jim Shooter said to find..
He said find all the legal papers they are out there..
How about somebody ask fred pierce? Jim's a liar? he made up a story about counterfeit valiants?
Dinesh that's the dumbest *SQUEE* ever and *SQUEE* you btw.. you are the dumb *SQUEE* that let china steal valiant..
Last edited by valiantdude on Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:29:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

Dont just believe dinesh...just because that he says something its not gospel..clearly he doesnt know *SQUEE*

Dude..there was a print shop in the midwest, they were doing it... dinesh we all heard what jim said on the midnight, on earth podcast about you.. you're spineless and you let China win..

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

[/quote]

Wow that is amazing! So the whole Midwest police sting is a "never really happened"?

[/quote]

Exactly.. jim's just lost his *SQUEE* right? Dumb, it's a dumb conclusion.. and it's not correct.. just because someone says with a few words , jims a liar .. especially the 'I bought valiant with my mommy's money then ran into the ground with stupid ideas, and handed it over to china' person, dont just accept it..

JCP
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Mico Suayan & Lewis LaRosa

Post by JCP »

valiantdude wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:21:37 am Dont just believe dinesh...just because that he says something its not gospel..clearly he doesnt know *SQUEE*

Dude..there was a print shop in the midwest, they were doing it... dinesh we all heard what jim said on the midnight, on earth podcast about you.. you're spineless and you let China win..
You’ve taken an interesting approach. Here’s some free legal advice coming from an attorney: if you have evidence of a claim, set it forth. Otherwise, you lose all credibility, (which you had been earning as of late with releasing unpublished Valiant text). When one has nothing left to argue, he resorts to namecalling and needless profanity.
Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age!

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Jim Shooter is an accomplished editor and comic creator but he has proven to be an unreliable source about behind-the-scenes matters, especially regarding incidents where he is still bitter or feels slighted. At best, his accounts are heavily slanted. He does not remember any details about these counterfeit books, only second-hand information that they existed, which is then relayed to us second-hand.

valiantdude, I share your despair that CCP has taken over Valiant and hired America haters who ran the ship aground. I am confident that you are accurately relaying what Jim Shooter told you but Shooter appears not to have been well-informed of the details of these counterfeits to begin with. :?

The best way to convince me - how do we tell the difference? You said Fred Pierce knew how to tell them apart once. If there really are thousands of really good counterfeits, good enough that these pre-Unity counterfeits have escaped the notice after 30 years of scrutiny by the Valiant enthusiasts here on the board, tell us how to find them and some counterfeits should be confirmed somewhat quickly. Bring in the noise; bring in the funk.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

valiantdude wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:36:42 am Exactly.. jim's just lost his *SQUEE* right? Dumb, it's a dumb conclusion.. and it's not correct.. just because someone says with a few words , jims a liar .. especially the 'I bought valiant with my mommy's money then ran into the ground with stupid ideas, and handed it over to china' person, dont just accept it..
He got better than a 60x return on mommy’s money in what, 10 years? 12? I hate to lose my favorite publisher but if I had had a kid, I’d hope he could do that with my money.

How much return on his investment did Shooter make on the Akklaim buyout?

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

This thread is magical.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

You're right I cant knock the return.. he made some dough..got that china china blood money China china uyghur concentration camps china china literally satan china china paid for valiant

Jcp - you're right anger got the best of me, but dude *SQUEE* that.. a person pops on to say Jim's a liar, just cause they dont want to admit they're clueless.. I'm sorry if I blew up a bit, doesnt invalidate anything tho