November 2021 Solicitations

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
November 2021 Solicitations

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/harbing ... -solicits/
The Harbinger #2
The Warning unleashed. A hero captured. And a young rebel psiot joins the fight.
A new era of Harbinger races forward with Robbi Rodriguez's eye-popping visuals.
facepalm
X-O Manowar #8
The truth about X-O Manowar's armor revealed. A devastating plan unfolds. And the evil mastermind behind it all gets a cosmic upgrade.
The penultimate chapter of Dennis Hopeless and Emilio Laiso's epic run brings big changes to the Big Apple…

Is this a good or a really bad sign?

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Re: November 2021 Solicitations

Post by magnus20009 »

I know they say don't judge a book by its cover(s) but sheesh those covers for the two floppies are just awful, all of them look terrible.

The Outcast
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 1995
Favorite character: Shadowman and Livewire
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Too many!
Favorite artist: Too Many

Post by The Outcast »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:28:35 am https://bleedingcool.com/comics/harbing ... -solicits/
The Harbinger #2
The Warning unleashed. A hero captured. And a young rebel psiot joins the fight.
A new era of Harbinger races forward with Robbi Rodriguez's eye-popping visuals.
facepalm
X-O Manowar #8
The truth about X-O Manowar's armor revealed. A devastating plan unfolds. And the evil mastermind behind it all gets a cosmic upgrade.
The penultimate chapter of Dennis Hopeless and Emilio Laiso's epic run brings big changes to the Big Apple…

Maybe they're changing talent? Penultimate is an interesting word to use for sure.

I'm interested in Harbinger forsure, I'm loving those covers.
Pulls:
Valiant: Shadowman, Coffin: La Muerta

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

The Harbinger A cover is pretty fun. I wish we'd see more output. I'm a binge reader, and I can't remember the last time I sat down to read Valiant issues. The lag time is bananas.

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

nycjadie wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:26:34 pm The Harbinger A cover is pretty fun.

Amazing! I kinda like it, too, especially the Spy.

The meditating eye guy is a bit too much though. While that character seems to be intriguing, I think, the cover would look even better without it and having an undisturbed look at the guy in the background instead (Dull Tull?), although it's probably the reason why this character was added to the cover.

Then there's Pete. While he's the featured character who seems to be exploding, it almost feels like he isn't even there. It's like the suit and jacket don't even belong to him, and vice versa. It does look a bit awkward but, I think, that's what makes this such a great cover. Everyone seems to be hiding.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:28:35 am https://bleedingcool.com/comics/harbing ... -solicits/

X-O Manowar #8

Hopefully the new guy in charge is clearing out the C level talent in readiness for a re-launch and takes us back to the level of quality we had under Dinesh!