Bloodshot 0 Platinum Holy Trinity

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

lobo
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Bloodshot 0 Platinum Holy Trinity

Post by lobo »

.....or we can can call it the Lobo threesome?

If you follow my CGC submissions thread then you know I teased out that received 2 freshly graded platinums this week from CGC. I also had another 9.8 that I purchased previously. So now I own 3 9.8 Bloodshot 0 Platinum books and these rightly need to be put on display. And each book is unique in its own way which I'll explain in more detail below.

(I don't have a proper scanner to accommodate CGC slabs so please forgive my hack job pics)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lobo
Re: Bloodshot 0 Platinum Holy Trinity

Post by lobo »

CGC #0159929001

This book I purchased off eBay around late 2009 for about $2000. Interestingly the original owner/CGC submitter included the original CGC submission form and was graded 06/25/2009. Other than the book coming Indiana, I have no more background info.

It is a "run of the mill" Platinum error that you expect to find with no other defining features.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lobo

Post by lobo »

CGC #3883224002

This copy is freshly graded from CGC. I purchased it raw off eBay from a sketchy BIN (bad photos and description) a number of years ago for $1000. Also originated from the USA.

This copy is not as 'clean' a typical error book or even a regular edition #0. There is a yellow shimmering around the other colors (see pic of title and logo box) and probably came from from poor adherence of the silver layer of the chromium cover during printing.

lobo

Post by lobo »

CGC #3883224001

This is the second book that I recently got back from CGC. This copy is extra special.
I purchased from an eBay auction over 5 years ago from Singapore, some of you may even vaguely remember the listing as it was briefly discussed on VF.COM. I paid about $1000 for the raw copy, and enquired from the seller about any history on the book. He mentioned he was selling for a friend also in Singapore and that the book showed up in LCS in Singapore back in the day with all the other BS 0 copies were also released back in '94. The original owner held on to it for 25 years before deciding to sell. So this book is some anecdotal proof that Platinum error books made it outside the USA during the original distribution.

But the most remarkable feature is this copy has no inner silver layer for the back/front covers. Just the top chromium layer making the cover actually translucent (see additional pics below before the book when to be graded). Based on a regular version of this translucent error I expected CGC to give this book a GREEN label like the book in this current eBay listing:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/294003061546?ha ... SwMONgIenz

I am a little disappointed that CGC didn't properly denote this error properly on the slab, as it could be the only platinum copy with this 'double error'
Last edited by lobo on Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:27:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

lobo

Post by lobo »

Here is a previous scan of the translucent cover:

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Outstanding, Sir! So this third BS is a translucent platinum?

Very cool find. An errored “error.”

lobo

Post by lobo »

nycjadie wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:13:08 pm Outstanding, Sir! So this third BS is a translucent platinum?

Very cool find. An errored “error.”
Yes, translucent platinum, I like it!
Normally when you turn the cover page to the inner page will you see a pure silver layer. This book has this layer totally missing. Here is another pick before I got it graded:

aj583
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by aj583 »

The mysteries of Platinum editions uncovered. Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Jeezy Creezy!!! :o

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

:o Holeeee...

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

:clap:

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

lobo wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:33:22 pm .....or we can can call it the Lobo threesome?

If you follow my CGC submissions thread then you know I teased out that received 2 freshly graded platinums this week from CGC. I also had another 9.8 that I purchased previously. So now I own 3 9.8 Bloodshot 0 Platinum books and these rightly need to be put on display. And each book is unique in its own way which I'll explain in more detail below.

(I don't have a proper scanner to accommodate CGC slabs so please forgive my hack job pics)
The 9.8 on the third issue label - is that special platinum ink ?!
:hm:

lobo

Post by lobo »

mrwoogieman wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:04:49 am
lobo wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:33:22 pm .....or we can can call it the Lobo threesome?

The 9.8 on the third issue label - is that special platinum ink ?!
No that is just an old label/case book. The grade numbers always looked faded out compared to the new labels

Summydad1
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O/Bloodshot/Ninjak/Rai
Favorite title: X-O (2012)/Harby (2012)
Favorite writer: Kindt/Venditti/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS/Braithwaite/Crain

Post by Summydad1 »

Those books look sweet! I haven’t posted on here in awhile. The reason I came back is that I have an opportunity to possibly buy a CBCS 9.8 of this book. I have no idea of the value. I know the last year or so comics have exploded. What are these going for nowadays? I can’t find any sold listings on eBay. There are two listed on eBay but the prices look ridiculous. Thanks.
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

lobo

Post by lobo »

Summydad1 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:01:13 pm Those books look sweet! I haven’t posted on here in awhile. The reason I came back is that I have an opportunity to possibly buy a CBCS 9.8 of this book. I have no idea of the value. I know the last year or so comics have exploded. What are these going for nowadays? I can’t find any sold listings on eBay. There are two listed on eBay but the prices look ridiculous. Thanks.
9.8 graded BS platinums have been sitting at an asking price of $5000 for quite a while now. You won't see many recorded sales because these books so rarely sell on the open market. For the ebay listings you might want to msg the sellers and see if they have any wiggle room in their asking prices.

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Congrats! :thumb:

Not_Bloodshot
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: The Goat
Favorite writer: David Micheline
Favorite artist: Davis

Post by Not_Bloodshot »

I love this Lobo!

I am surprised that they didn’t give you a Green Label Variant Label, which would stink. When I had my error version graded, I begged them to give me the Blue Valiant Custom Label, which they did. Mine was the first Error Platinum, and they discontinued the Valiant Labels right after, but they only graded mine a 9.0 because of the error. I think it’s awesome that you were able to get a 9.8. It’s a super cool book, like you said. I have an ungraded Platinum, but I do not have a 9.8. Nice set for sure!