Like old times...a VH1 Harby question

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
Like old times...a VH1 Harby question

Post by Oxmyx »

I was looking at Harby #0 VH1
And the cover clearly says 1992, but what I'm reading online is that it was published in early 1993...one source said March and one said February

I'm confused why this happened. Delays?
Screenshot_20210912-084801_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: Like old times...a VH1 Harby question

Post by Chiclo »

The blue cover was a reprint of the pink cover. The blue came bagged with the Harbinger TPB (first print only; the second print TPBs were not bagged). The pink cover was released in 1992. The last issue coupon needed for the Harby 0 pink carries a cover date of June 1992, so that gives an earliest possible date of release.

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

The problem is the pink zero issue! On its cover it says 1992 but in its indicia it says FEB 1993 which is the most "exact" date (compared to just a year) while not being "exact" at all. Regardless, this date was copied from either comics.org or comicbookdb.com to everywhere else and at some point ended up being the release date. However, comics.org doesn't even mention when it was actually released -- just placing it between issues #6 and #7 meaning it couldn't possibly be FEB 1993 anyways.

Harbinger #6 with the final coupon has a cover date of JUNE 1992 but it was released in MARCH 1992. Then, of course, there's the SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT (ad) saying Harbinger #0 will/would be released in JUNE 1992 (which, of course, would fit chronologically).

The FIRST PRINTING of the Harby trade and the blue #0 were published in NOV/DEC 1992. In the solicit (from SEP 1992) for the trade it's mentioned that the deluxe edition of the #0 issue (meaning the pink version) had already been sent out (which, again, would work chronologically). However, there are some board members who think they received their pink copy way after JUN 1992 as Valiant had been terribly late with (all of) those bonus zero issues. This would explain the FEB 1993 date as publishers always wanted to be ahead of time while actually being late (as usual).

It's really confusing....but that's Valiant in mid-1992.

ps. I've updated fandom and comicvine.

The Chosen 1
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

Chiclo wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:40:28 pm The blue cover was a reprint of the pink cover. The blue came bagged with the Harbinger TPB (first print only; the second print TPBs were not bagged). The pink cover was released in 1992. The last issue coupon needed for the Harby 0 pink carries a cover date of June 1992, so that gives an earliest possible date of release.
I might be able to offer some help here. I ordered my Harbinger Pink #0 by sending in the 6 coupons. I sent the coupons around August 92 and actually called Valiant (from Australia) around October 92. the lady i spoke to said there was a delay as things were hectic there but they were hoping to have them out soon.

I received my Harbinger #0in January 1993. And i still have the cardboard envelope it came in. Which has the postage details, Sent from Staten Island December 1992,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

The Chosen 1 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:10:04 am
Chiclo wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:40:28 pm The blue cover was a reprint of the pink cover. The blue came bagged with the Harbinger TPB (first print only; the second print TPBs were not bagged). The pink cover was released in 1992. The last issue coupon needed for the Harby 0 pink carries a cover date of June 1992, so that gives an earliest possible date of release.
I might be able to offer some help here. I ordered my Harbinger Pink #0 by sending in the 6 coupons. I sent the coupons around August 92 and actually called Valiant (from Australia) around October 92. the lady i spoke to said there was a delay as things were hectic there but they were hoping to have them out soon.

I received my Harbinger #0in January 1993. And i still have the cardboard envelope it came in. Which has the postage details, Sent from Staten Island December 1992,
That is really cool

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

Blood of Heroes wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:58:28 pm

That is really cool
Ditto! Very Cool!
***Support your local farmers!***

Oxmyx
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith

Post by Oxmyx »

Chiclo wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:40:28 pm
The blue cover...the Harby 0 pink carries a cover date of June 1992, so that gives an earliest possible date of release.
I might be able to offer some help...I received my Harbinger #0in January 1993. And i still have the cardboard envelope it came in. Which has the postage details, Sent from Staten Island December 1992,
I second that Ditto, which kinda makes it a third? Anyway very impressive you were able to pull that out just like that. You must have a robust filing system, and excellent storage organization!
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

I found mine.The above mail away Pink Harbinger #0 was shipped and post marked December 10th 1992.

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

That's 2 out of 2 shipped in December 1992.

So it seems they mailed the pink zeroes right after they had released the trade and blue zero in NOV/DEC 1992 as well.

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

Mine was postmarked in 1993 and shipped from NY, NY. Postage for 1st class mail was $1.21.

Harbinger #0 pink variant with original envelope

Blood of Heroes

Post by Blood of Heroes »

iggy101us wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:08:34 pm Mine was postmarked in 1993 and shipped from NY, NY. Postage for 1st class mail was $1.21.

:clap:

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Blood of Heroes wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:43:46 pm
iggy101us wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:08:34 pm Mine was postmarked in 1993 and shipped from NY, NY. Postage for 1st class mail was $1.21.

:clap:
:clap: Very cool that you kept the original envelope! :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;