*Counterfeit Valiant Update- Midnight, On Earth w/ Jim Shooter Ep 89 - NEW EPISODE

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: *Counterfeit Valiant Update- Midnight, On Earth w/ Jim Shooter Ep 89 - NEW EPISODE

Post by greg »

valiantdude wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:00:13 am greg youre a pretty striaght guy, buy you also had no memory of sending me a PM about my original emailed address i signed on with in 02. then i had to show you the PM. youre trying to connect 2 different thigs. people forget things, like jim and fred..dont hate on people that smoke weed jesus, im not the only one here. you sound like you od'd on the DARE program in elementary school bro...haha!
youre theory that they stole ordered books that would then be missing from stores orders in 1991 thru 1992 is ridiculous..
theres the hole.. its huge, thats all you have, and you think its because fred told you so. chiclo gets it.
again youre characterization of people who smoke cannabis is so outdated, it looks like you still defer to the DARE program for your thinking. you probably do a lot of deferring and not a lot of thinking. at least thats what the evidence suggests.
I am confident in my assessment of this entire situation. If I can't trust Cheech and Chong on the accurate language of potheads, there's a problem, man.

I'm sure there are plenty of guys who smoke weed on this board, but none of them are as whacked out relative to reality as you've been through this whole counterfeit books discussion.

You. Are. Not. Facing. The. Reality. That. There. Are. No. Counterfeit. Valiant. Books.

Weed or no weed, you've got a problem.

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
Re: *Counterfeit Valiant Update- Midnight, On Earth w/ Jim Shooter Ep 89 - NEW EPISODE

Post by valiantdude »

you are not open to the holes. you believe someone stole printed books that were meant for actual stores. thats just BS.
you. are. not. admitting. there. are. holes. in. your. story.

greg

Post by greg »

valiantdude wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:15:55 am you are not open to the holes. you believe someone stole printed books that were meant for actual stores. thats just BS.
you. are. not. admitting. there. are. holes. in. your. story.
Why would stolen books meant for stores be BS?
The stores would call the distributor and say, "Hey, we ordered 20, we only got 15."
The distributor would say, "Sorry about that. We'll credit you for those 5."

That happened 40 years ago.
It happened 30 years ago.
It happened 20 years ago.
It happened 10 years ago.
It happens today.

The only "BS" is that you think it didn't happen for Valiant books in 1992.

There are missing facts in every story. It doesn't change the big picture. There are no counterfeit Valiant books.

There are still holes in the story for major world events that everyone was following every day as they happened.
Do you think that if we could identify the DNA in the tomb of the unknown soldiers it will change the outcome of any of those wars?

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

your theory is weak greg im sorry, its just weak. youre saying for years books were just missing from orders, then sold out of a trunk..why the hell would someone sell 'official' books out of a trunk, when they could drive to any comic store in multiple states at the time.. PREINTERNET, so no one would know, or even dump them at conventions.. who the hell sells OFFICIAL books out of the trunk of a car??? what the hell dude? it doesnt add up. maybe stealing official books would work for a month or two but years?? sorry dude, if thats your theory, or even if thats what fred told you, thats wrong. facepalm

greg

Post by greg »

My theory is that I have access to people who know what happened.

You aren't one of them.

My theory is that they told me the truth.

My theory can be disproven, like all theories, with credible evidence that it is false.

There are no counterfeit Valiant books.

You have what credible evidence again?

Oh, that's right.

None.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

and neither do you. you insinuate you got a hold of fred, now its multiple people (first mention)..haha! who greg? who else besides fred?

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

admit how ridiculous the idea is that someone would hoard OFFICIAL books then sell them out of a trunk of a car, which you already said was 'true'.
thats the most ridicoulous theory ive ever heard.

greg

Post by greg »

I also have a new theory that everything you have ever posted on this messageboard and your account itself can be deleted with the press of a single button.

It's a theory I'm very, very tempted to test.

You've become a nuisance. I have better things to do with my time.

It's tiring. There's a button. Seems like a simple solution.

greg

Post by greg »

valiantdude wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:20:13 am admit how ridiculous the idea is that someone would hoard OFFICIAL books then sell them out of a trunk of a car, which you already said was 'true'.
thats the most ridicoulous theory ive ever heard.
You'll need to convince Fred Pierce and have him reach out to me about how right you are. Otherwise, you're the most "ridicoulous" aspect of the whole discussion.

greg

Post by greg »

valiantdude wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:17:52 am and neither do you. you insinuate you got a hold of fred, now its multiple people (first mention)..haha! who greg? who else besides fred?
Since I quoted Jim Shooter, I'm going to say... Jim Shooter.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

greg. now your threating me, thats not a good look.
when people resort to threats thats means that are not willing to admit they might be wrong.
thats not open discourse, then it becomes an echo chamber. this is why elon musk owns twitter now. you dont have to respond to anything in these threads at all. other valiant fans are engaing is the conversation. theres been no profanity, no insults (other than you insulting me, though i was the first poster ever on these boards), just disagreeing with you. now you want to censor me? you can do better than this, you are not a reddit mod
are you for censorship?

greg

Post by greg »

I'm the administrator. No one else. Me.

You have continuously pushed as a "fact" that counterfeit Valiant books exist.

They do not.

Now, I have given you a platform for your lie. I provide the funding for this board and your lie. It's my 20+ years online as a Valiant fan which provides you with the audience for your lie.

No response I can create, from serious to humorous, will stop your lie, because you've tripled-down, several times over.

I pay for all of it, and I am allowing it.

How long will I pay for it and allow it?

It's been over a year.

Let's see, since I'm going to be the bad guy, no matter what... there's you and your lie... or not.

I decide.

Options are being considered.

Censorship does not exist inside a house. You're in mine.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

jesus greg, wow, this really ruffeled your feathers.
take a breath, chill, and remember jim shooter, who you talked to on the podcast, says there are counterfeits. he also says defer to fred, in the same breath he also says other people like jon hartz new about the 'bogus books' (i didnt make up those words). so those are holes in the story. you also feel like its true that sparta printing people stole officially ordered books, hoarded them, BUT had been selling them enough to get noticed (somewhere), then people to set up a sting, to buy official books out of a trunk of a car.(even tho they already had success selling them without a trunk deal) and this all adds up?

the other hole is that fred is infallible and jim shooter is fallible, even though jim could just be being generous to fred, and fred could be just as wrong as jim? and fred doesnt want to make a statement to hurt jims feelings maybe?? even tho jim stated in the first podcast episode that fred totally screwed him, and he isnt fond of fred. but somehow this all adds up

greg

Post by greg »

Fine.

It's possible that Valiant counterfeit books exist, even though no one has ever found one.

Solar #1 with more blue than purple is a normal printing variation. It is not a counterfeit book.

30 years later, not a single confirmed counterfeit Valiant book.

Just one that can be proven would get the ball rolling on the supposedly thousands that exist for multiple different issues.

Just one.

Where is the first one?

We'll worry about the thousands of others later.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

lets find jon hartz.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

Also, if you did a yearly fundraiser to cover hosting costs, Im sure we would all throw in. I'm happy to pay

greg

Post by greg »

This is a normal printing variation in color.

There are copies of Solar #1 which are "halfway" between the coloring of these examples.
Normal printing variation creates a spectrum/range of coloring due to the mix/balance of inks.

Solar #1 variations are much less surprising than earlier well-known printing variation errors by Marvel:

None of the books shown in this post are counterfeit.

greg

Post by greg »

valiantdude wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:26:59 pm lets find jon hartz.
I have not found anyone with contact information for Jon Hartz. I started looking for him online in 1997.

Jon told Jim. Jim told Fred. Fred investigated.

Why you don't want to talk to Fred yourself is highly suspicious.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

greg wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:01:10 pm Fine.

It's possible that Valiant counterfeit books exist, even though no one has ever found one.

Solar #1 with more blue than purple is a normal printing variation. It is not a counterfeit book.

Just one that can be proven would get the ball rolling on the supposedly thousands that exist for multiple different issues.

Just one.

Where is the first one?

I have a bunch of counterfeit Valiants. Like six of them. They are even limited and numbered. I have #100/100.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

because obviously we need a third opinion. Jim hates Fred, Fred screwed over Jim. they are both going off a 30 year memory. But it stuck with jim because of what he said in the 1st podcast episode. Jim Shooter started all of this. Period.
Yeah youre probably right about the solars being a printing error, but that doesnt change the original story.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

also that FF#110 is obviously the skrull variant!! (this is a joke btw)

greg

Post by greg »

valiantdude wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:55:42 pm because obviously we need a third opinion. Jim hates Fred, Fred screwed over Jim. they are both going off a 30 year memory. But it stuck with jim because of what he said in the 1st podcast episode. Jim Shooter started all of this. Period.
Yeah youre probably right about the solars being a printing error, but that doesnt change the original story.
The major problem is that the original story declared there were thousands of counterfeit Valiant books of different titles and issues.
Not people's memories. Not the details of the story. Actual, physical copies of counterfeit books which should still exist today just as they did then.

None have been found, of any title, of any issue.

Yes, there's a chance that Loch Ness has a prehistorical creature. There's a chance it has thousands of them. There's no definitive proof of even one.

Get to one, prove it. Then worry about the other thousands.

This is a major problem that thousands supposedly exist, but no one has proof of just one.

greg

Post by greg »

Chiclo wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:53:31 pm

Just one.

Where is the first one?

I have a bunch of counterfeit Valiants. Like six of them. They are even limited and numbered. I have #100/100.
Since the fake Valiant company wrote their name inside in 2007, it was pretty easy to identify those. Assuming the same company that produced the "Sneak Peak" was involved in 1992, we should be looking for "Soler" and "Magnius" books.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

greg wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:59:42 pm
Chiclo wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:53:31 pm

Just one.

Where is the first one?

Since the fake Valiant company wrote their name inside in 2007, it was pretty easy to identify those. Assuming the same company that produced the "Sneak Peak" was involved in 1992, we should be looking for "Soler" and "Magnius" books.
They did make a Soler statue… :hm:

greg

Post by greg »

Chiclo wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:01:24 pm
greg wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:59:42 pm Since the fake Valiant company wrote their name inside in 2007, it was pretty easy to identify those. Assuming the same company that produced the "Sneak Peak" was involved in 1992, we should be looking for "Soler" and "Magnius" books.
They did make a Soler statue… :hm:
I'm surprised you're saying that Valiant Intellectual Properties (VIP) is the same company as Dynamic Forces. That's based on information posted by me, and we've established in this very topic that I don't post trustworthy information. You should probably keep asking the question... "WHO WAS VIP?"