my merry mentee ?!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
my merry mentee ?!

Post by valiantdude »

nuff said..
how is this even still happening..
i guess the good is that the people working on it still get a paycheck.
sheer insanity

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Re: my merry mentee ?!

Post by Ryan »

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

AA Forever #1, I wouldnt recommend it

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

valiantdude wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:54:09 am AA Forever #1, I wouldnt recommend it
Oh this is a reference to a major Valiant property that just relaunched with a new number one? Hmm why would you post about that on the Valiant message board? Strange times indeed

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

were at the how bad can it get and still get released stage

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

valiantdude wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:39:42 am were at the how bad can it get and still get released stage
That's the question. It wouldn't bother me except ever time they relaunch is more mediocre than the last and it reinforces to the general comic reader that Valiant is a mediocre to bad brand. Which makes any chance for a good relaunch more distant and more difficult. I guess most have already accepted that :?

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

its already as bad as it could possibly be.. its beyond a joke.. the books are shockingly bad

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

valiantdude wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:33:21 pm its already as bad as it could possibly be.. its beyond a joke.. the books are shockingly bad
Ok I read it. Ouch. I won't go into depth here because this is a public forum. I feel like the creators are probably nice people giving a sincere effort. It's a sad time for Valiant fans. We know that Valiant is the best comics universe made in our lifetimes, otherwise we wouldn't be so invested. It doesn't seem like the people at Valiant know that. I'm all for accessibility, but this was beyond basic, like made for an 8 year old. 80s Marvel was accessible and made so kids could read it, but it wasn't dumbed down like this. This just makes me feel embarrassed and depressed. All the people who look down on people who read comics, this is exactly the type of comic they all imagine we're reading. The nods to VH1 show me they're at least reading (or skimming?) the original comics, but nods and winks aren't where it's at. It's about really understanding what worked about those comics and what people connected with. Might have to pull out the BWS issues to try and forget I read this :censored: