The artist "Grey" from Giffen's Magnus run

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

riftt
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
The artist "Grey" from Giffen's Magnus run

Post by riftt »

Anyone know anything about the artist Grey from the first two (and part of the fourth) issues of Keith Giffen's run on Magnus Robot Fighter?

He had a very cool Moebius-esque style which I assume was too slow-going to keep up with a monthly book. I haven't able to find anything about him on google or a bibliography of his work or anything. Anyone know more info on him?

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Re: The artist "Grey" from Giffen's Magnus run

Post by Ryan »

Look up Grey Williamson, looks like he's still active. He did some Bloodshot and a few issues of Good Guys for Defiant too. I agree those Magnus issues were well done, wish they could have a longer run together.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Ryan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:23:07 pm Look up Grey Williamson, looks like he's still active. He did some Bloodshot and a few issues of Good Guys for Defiant too. I agree those Magnus issues were well done, wish they could have a longer run together.
Great info. And +1 on liking his art.

/Magnus

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!

Post by valiantdude »

oh yeah, i happen to know alot.. he was a jim shooter convention find, then jim taught him comics.. he couldnt keep up with a monthly schedule which didnt work for defiant, i know he picked up those magnus issues afterward, then dipped out for a few years.. didnt know he did bloodshot, he never went back into comics excpet for a very small creator owned thing, which i dont think was ever published.. he now lives in near new york city and is a guardian angel type neighborhood protector, super thick dude. isnt interested in getting back into comics

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Here's some "proof" that Grey Williamson is in fact the Grey who drew a few issues of Magnus back in the days.......

https://comiccreatorsofcolor.com/index. ... illiamson/

Of course, only if we can trust that source. jk :)

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

yeah that is the guy, i have a friend that is friends with him. still out there, he made his break in defiant, never saw his dc work ever.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Thanks for the info guys, seems like a real interesting and talented dude. Can only imagine what a long Giffen and Grey run on Magnus would've been like, too bad it came at the end when VALIANT was unraveling.