Another Crazy Scan

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Zero
I discovered platinum in Indiana.

Post by Zero »

Technique wrote:
Erskine71 wrote:

The Quantum & Woody cards are actually of 600. It shows on the backs of them The Darque cards were cancelled as was the Acclaim Valiant Heroes phone card (which I believe was solicited a couple/three months prior to these cards). They also cancelled the Acclaim Valiant Heroes poster. The poster was going to take all the VH2 #1 painted covers & put those images together on one poster. It would have been cool...

The Turok #1 DF book actually did come out as a 250 run. ~Erskine
I have the Q&W cards and have been looking a long time for the Darque cards. Do you know as FACT that they were never produced? It would be nice to scratch them from my list either way.

Well, you got me asking questions again Tech... :)

I found a guy who has a set of the 4 Master Darque prototype phone cards. He won't sell & it's the only set he knows of. Previews also solicited a set of phone cards commemorating the painted cover variants of the Acclaim #1s. I assumed they (along with the Master Darque cards) never came out. This fella has a set of those as well. I will pass scans along as soon as he sends them to me. ~Erskine

Zero

Post by Zero »

Technique wrote:
Erskine71 wrote: Depends on what you consider fact... I asked Fabien N. way back when I asked him about the X-O figure & he told me they were never released. Something about lack of interest compared with the Quantum & Woody cards. I suppose there could be some prototypes floating about, but from what I know they never were sold to the general public as were the Quantum & Woody... ~Erskine
Are your Q&W cards marked 'PROTOTYPE'? I had assumed that they were all that way and that the official ones were never released. Mine are marked that way so that is why I am asking about the Darque cards.

I checked & my set is *NOT* marked prototype. Apparently these cards were released & the other sets were not? These were sold to the general public & the other 2 sets are probably only available as prototypes. Cheers, ~Erskine

Zero

Post by Zero »

I finally received my phone cards yesterday!

I'll post some better pics here a bit later. These cards are made by DEI, Dynamic Entertainment, Inc, which was owned/founded by Dynamic Forces. Their DEI logo got me thinking of a mystery we've yet to solve... Just speculation though... ~Pete

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Still in the original wrappers even. That's pretty cool.

hulk181man
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite writer: Warren Ellis

Post by hulk181man »

Those are pretty sweet.... :thumb:
"Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts...?"

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

After seeing those I wonder why Acclaim didn't try to release a set of comic comic cards from the Vh2 era. They did have some awesome covers.