Just called CGC...

Discussion of all "slabbed comics" whether Valiant or not

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

The Spider
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Just called CGC...

Post by The Spider »

Turns out they just finished grading my X-O Manowar 1/2 gold an hour ago.

It got the grade of 9.6.

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Re: Just called CGC...

Post by x-omatic »

The Spider wrote:Turns out they just finished grading my X-O Manowar 1/2 gold an hour ago.

It got the grade of 9.6.
I sold 9.6 last month for 265.00. I think if you are going to sell it you should wait a while as there has been a seller flooding the market with x-o 1/2 golds on Ebay.
http://chrismorrillart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Spider
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by The Spider »

Yeah, I saw that. That's not bad a price, since I got the comic for about $4 and something cents, and paid the $30 fee to get it CGC'd.

I haven't decided when I'm going to sell it though.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

The Spider wrote:Yeah, I saw that. That's not bad a price, since I got the comic for about $4 and something cents, and paid the $30 fee to get it CGC'd.
Which fee is that? It should have been about $13 to have it graded.
(Takes longer... but if you're not selling immediately, what's the hurry?)

The Spider
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by The Spider »

greg wrote:
The Spider wrote:Yeah, I saw that. That's not bad a price, since I got the comic for about $4 and something cents, and paid the $30 fee to get it CGC'd.
Which fee is that? It should have been about $13 to have it graded.
(Takes longer... but if you're not selling immediately, what's the hurry?)
I went to the CGC table at WizardWorld LA, and got the Modern service ($16), with insurance.

greg
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Ok cool... I was thinking it was $30 BEFORE shipping and insurance. :shock:

$34 for a 9.6 X-O Manowar #1/2 Gold, huh? Sounds good to me!

The Mixer
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
X-0 Gold 1/2

Post by The Mixer »

Yes it does appear thast someone is fortunite to have a load of X-0 1/2 golds.

They are also smart enought to list them one at a time unfortunietly they list them every week..

Oh well there goes another good book...... :cry:

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

What do you mean "there goes another good book"? It is still a good book right...well I dont know if it is or not since i dont have one..Was it a good book because people wanted to pay $200 for it? I really think that everyone needs to unerstand that none of the Valiant books are that rare...there are more than enough copies of every boko for everyone that wants one to have one...XO .5 Gold was never rare. None of these books are.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

DawgPhan wrote:What do you mean "there goes another good book"? It is still a good book right...well I dont know if it is or not since i dont have one..Was it a good book because people wanted to pay $200 for it? I really think that everyone needs to unerstand that none of the Valiant books are that rare...there are more than enough copies of every boko for everyone that wants one to have one...XO .5 Gold was never rare. None of these books are.
Ive heard rumors of a platinum bloodshot book that might be rare :D

I hated X-O 1/2 gold just like I hate bloodshot plat. It was a terrible story that didn't even finish. It was a crappy looking gold book, not like valiants much nicer versions. And the idea of a wizard/valiant 1/2 variant being top dog in the valiant price guide never sat well with me.

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

dino wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:What do you mean "there goes another good book"? It is still a good book right...well I dont know if it is or not since i dont have one..Was it a good book because people wanted to pay $200 for it? I really think that everyone needs to unerstand that none of the Valiant books are that rare...there are more than enough copies of every boko for everyone that wants one to have one...XO .5 Gold was never rare. None of these books are.
Ive heard rumors of a platinum bloodshot book that might be rare :D

I hated X-O 1/2 gold just like I hate bloodshot plat. It was a terrible story that didn't even finish. It was a crappy looking gold book, not like valiants much nicer versions. And the idea of a wizard/valiant 1/2 variant being top dog in the valiant price guide never sat well with me.
I have not really figured out how I feel about the Bloodshot Platinum. At first I was in awe about it and wanted one dearly for my collection...then I waivered over to "It is a stupid printing error and not really a cool book" now i dont really know what to think...oh well...if I could get one for the lo-lo I would for sure pick one up, but no way and I doubling the cost of my valiant collection for a screw up of a book that I already have...but yeah it is rare...the only rare valiant book...and I am not even sure if I consider it a Valiant book in the truest sense...

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

if I could get one for the lo-lo I would for sure pick one up,
I've heard a lot of people say that but what would you do once you had it. Would you keep it or sell it for the $800-$1000 dollars and use that money to buy books you do want or to buy a new T.V. or whatever?

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

dino wrote:
if I could get one for the lo-lo I would for sure pick one up,
I've heard a lot of people say that but what would you do once you had it. Would you keep it or sell it for the $800-$1000 dollars and use that money to buy books you do want or to buy a new T.V. or whatever?
I would probably keep it...since I very rarely have ever sold anything that I collected...of course I was thinking about cleaning out my toy collection to just some of the things that I want. But right now if I buy something I normally will keep it forever...of course this is a source of much discussion between myself and my GF. Of course I do want her to get rid of some of her clothes, which she has far to many of :D Anyway I would say that I would keep it right now..nah I woudl probably trade it for a book that meant more to me...ASM 300 and maybe the rest of the valiants that I need...of course to get my deal I would probably need to sell it..and then use the money to buy what I wanted...and when it came down to that...having the cash in my hand I would probably get something for out new house...so yes if I got one on the lo-lo I would sell it for as much as possible and then buy a new TV or lawnmover or something...damn I really thought that i was going to keep it there for a while... :cry: