Opinion on CGC Submission

Discussion of all "slabbed comics" whether Valiant or not

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

TKWill
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!
Opinion on CGC Submission

Post by TKWill »

Hey everyone it's been a long time but I recently came across about 700 comics that someone had on the curb and brought them all home and began to dig through. Of course, I dug all of my boxes out and started merging the collections to see what was going to stay and what would need to find a new home. In my dig I discovered I had a hot book and need some advice on grading for submission. I have never submitted before so needed some advice. I've found lots of information all over the web but as a rule I trust VF to lead me in the right direction.

First, does this book look worthy of submitting. The Clone Wars #1

I haven't noticed and checks on the spine and there is a slight rounding of the bottom-left corner.

Is asking my LCS (I'm far from a regular and only dig through back issues every couple of months) out of the question, do they do this for a fee? LCS has been around forever and has a great reputation.

Can I submit at a convention? Fan Expo Dallas is coming up next month but I can't find anything about them being there.

In the Dallas/Fort Worth area if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks for your feedback.

lobo
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Re: Opinion on CGC Submission

Post by lobo »

A thousand times yes, this book is worth submitting, it looks already to be a solid 9.6/9.8 already. Can't see any evidence that a press would even improve it because it looks pretty good. As for options submitting through someone in the Dallas area, I have none, but I'm sure someone else on the boards can give you some solid options.

Its apropos that you posted this book just today when I just got my own Clone Wars 1 CGC 9.8 in the mail today direct from grading. :thumb:

TKWill

Post by TKWill »

Thanks Lobo,

It's always fun to go digging in your own collection and find a trasure. I'll call the LCS tomorrow and see what they say about submitting.

caxiotis
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Valiant fan since: 1991

Post by caxiotis »

I agree with Lobo
Pull List: I only buy TPB's, HC's and Hellboy comics

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

I submitted the same book recently. I'd say the top left was slightly dinged like yours and it was a 9.6. Still totally worth it. With that bottom right compression on the pages, don't expect a 9.8.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246