Here comes the Newb! Introduction thread?!? Here? Why?

How did you become a VALIANT collector?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
Re: Here comes the Newb! Introduction thread?!? Here? Why?

Post by lorddunlow »

caxiotis wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
Interesting choice. I have in the past described my skill set as worthy of a Bond villain. I thought I would wait for a lab accident to try my hand at supervillainy, though.

I chloroformed myself in the lab once. Forgot to use the vent hood. No superpowers though, so that sucked. I used enough carcinogens that I really thought I should have grown an extra limb or something. I guess I wasn't using enough radiation.
What!?
I worked in a biomedical research lab for several years. Used lots of very dangerous stuff. Always scared me somewhat. I was mixing up something for an experiment and it involved chloroform. It didn't occur to me to mix it up in the vent hood (a covered work space with a thin opening at the bottom to get things in and out of that has a strong vent pulling clean air into the work space) until I became light-headed and almost passed out. Lots of stories like that, but it's my favorite "How could I be so stupid!" story.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Re: Here comes the Newb! Introduction thread?!? Here? Why?

Post by jmatt »

CylonSteve wrote:Ya Know, the Bond Villain Oddjob had a bowler (of sorts) master his skills no one would be messing with you
Good point. And since my waistline approaching that of Oddjob these days, it's fitting.

But in a matchup between Alex and his droogs and Oddjob, my money's on Alex.