Man Of The Atom
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Favorite artist: Ramon Villalobos
Re: Valiant has won me over in a big way

Post by Man Of The Atom »

Welcome to the board!

solidsteeze
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: A Magnus 26 I begged for
Favorite character: Aric of Dacia
Favorite title: X-O and Harbinger
Favorite writer: Venditti

Post by solidsteeze »

Elveen wrote:
solidsteeze wrote:I've been reading a few of the Valiant titles since the relaunch, so my story with Valiant starts there for the most part. When I was younger I had a few random issues of Magnus and Solar, but that is neither here nor there. My Valiant story is about the consistant quality of these books, and how Valiant's books are living up to the promises made by their founders. I read a diverse assortment of books, but it is Valiant that I am interested in as a universe.

What really solidified this feeling, to where I feel like I'll be in it for the long haul, was my visit to Baltimore Comic-Con this year. At the panel, the creators and the higher ups seemed legitimately excited. They explained their vision and their excitement in a way that felt real, and reflected in the books I had read. I spent both days of the Con at Barry Kitson's booth and he had nothing but wonderful things to say about working with them. Fred and Dinesh stopped by at one point and even just talked for a bit to me as I was getting an X-O Manowar sketch. Everything about my Valiant experience has been so sincere, that I feel like this is the right place for my interest and comic dollars.

Hola Compadre.

If you are a new fan, I'd recommend checking out the Only the Valiant podcast. there are a bunch of podcasts that the Valiant creators are on. You can find them all at the website found here: http://onlythevaliant.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the podcasts is pretty cool except for a deep voiced fellow that seems focused on the proportions of the characters and always using music lyrics to make his point. And he is always saying "one more thing" when it is clearly time to move on.

that dude = :insane:
Thanks for this, I've actually been looking for a podcast to listen to during my biweekly traveling. The only issue I run into is spoilers. I've recently switched to mail order comics so I dont get them til the first week of the following month. But I will definitely check this out. I appreciate all the warm welcomes! :high-five:

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

Welcome to the boards! :clap: