Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: Divinity
Favorite writer: Jeff Lemire and Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa and Cary Nord
My Valiant Story

Post by Donkey »

Hi everyone. Thanks for letting me part of your community.

Let me see, where do I start.
I have been reading Valiant comics for about a year or so. I was introduced to Valiant by another customer that I met at my LCS (which wasnt my LCS at the time.) I had only been reading comics for a year or so before and my old LCS did not carry Valiant.

To be honest I cannot remember what the first Valiant book I read. It was either X-O or Bloodshot, either way I was hooked. Next was Divinity, which is one of my favorites. Slowly I started reading the entire line. Then I found a discount bookstore in Toronto (yes that Toronto in Canada) that sells the trade for about half price. I starting buying everything they had that was Valiant. I think I have read about half of what I have bought. Which is kind of crazy, I know.

Last fall I went to FanExpo Toronto and Valiant had a booth. It was the reason I went to the show. Needless to say I bought everything I could get my hands on. I even got my X-O 49 stamped with 1,000,000 copy celebration. And the guy working the booth, Matt(I think), gave me a print(card) of Miska for Divinty II signed by Adam Gorham. Which was from Collector`s Paradise, and had this site printed in the corner of the card. I did check the site out at the time but I was intimidated to join.

Recently I found a Facebook page for Valiant Fans. After joining that I found out actually how nice the community is. One day I saw a post that was a reminder that a sale was ending for an new X-O shirt and print combo that was being sold by Collector`s Paradise. Went to check out to buy it and it was like forty something dollars for the shipping to Canada. I was like there is no way the shipping was worth more than the shirt and print. Lucky for me Edward( from CP) was in the group and saw the problem I was having. Needless to say he went above and beyond to help me out with my order. Also kinda ordered something else too. He also recommended this site to me which is the reason I joined.

Sorry for the long winded post.

bobby97801
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Re: My Valiant Story

Post by bobby97801 »

Welcome :thumb:

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Oh man, you said a bad word.... Canada!

LOL, welcome to the board, don't be afraid to jump in on debates. Get to know people here, they are some awesome people! These people are also (IMHO) thee most knowledgeable people on all things Valiant, so much to learn! You also might get a surprise visit from the Nerd Boss himself, as he sometimes hits this site up!

Regardless of how involved you plan on getting, welcome and have fun!
Moose

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Welcome! :thumb:

Ricomortis
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Shadowman - Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Favorite writer: Dysart & Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Larosa, Henry & CAFU

Post by Ricomortis »

Welcome!

Check out my Gallery for this year: A year in the life of Ricomortis (2018) http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 35&t=50927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my Gallery for last year: "A year in the life of Ricomortis (2017)" http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 6#p1056798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Donkey
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: Divinity
Favorite writer: Jeff Lemire and Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa and Cary Nord

Post by Donkey »

Thank you, everyone for the warm welcome.

AnarchoMambo
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Jeff Lemire
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine
My Valiant Story

Post by AnarchoMambo »

Freaking awesome, Donkey! Now you just need to get yourself a profile picture, and just start making some noise. Best! -AM

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Dude, a belated welcome to you! Another fellow Canadian, and from Ontario to boot! :clap:

I live on the south side of Lake Ontario :)

You probably knew this already, but Adam Gorham is local to us, I think he's from somewhere in around Missisauga? And I'm not sure if you're familiar with Michael Walsh (he's done a lot of covers for Valiant), but he's a Hamilton guy.

So again, welcome aboard, and don't pay any attention to that paranoid Dunlow guy if he tries to give ya a hard time :wink:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Oh no! More Canadians?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.