Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Ninjak/Harada/SunluightonSnow
Favorite title: Imperium/Divinity/X-O
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello
My Valiant Story

Post by EarthToneKing »

Greetings and Salutations!

My name is Alex but you guys can call me EarthTone. I have been a fan of Valiant since '93. I remember being a teenager and being completely immersed into the Image comic universe and the superstar artists of the time. I remember when a friend of mine showed me a Solar: Man of the Atom and an X-O comic and my first impression was "why are they so skinny?" Valiant comics were so different than the stuff I was reading at the time I just wasn't ready for the Valiant brand of storytelling.

Fast forward two years later and I was a total Valiant fan boy. Two of my favorite comics of all time was Rai and the Future Force and The Second Life of Dr Mirage. I had never read characters so unique and compelling. For the next few years I was all about the Valiant U. I unfortunately bailed during the Acclaim acquisition but I stopped reading all comics in the late 90's (like so many others).

I returned to reading regular comics around 2005 and when I heard the Valiant Universe was returning I was skeptical at first. Then the awards and reviews started pouring in and I realized that I should probably give Valiant a second chance. I picked up Venditti 's X-O #1 and was instantly sold.

Now, me and my circle of Comic friends read Valiant almost exclusively. I'm trying to read the entire universe but currently my favorite books are
Imperium/Harbinger and Divinity. My favorite characters are Toyo Harada, Livewire, Sunlight on Snow, Ninjak and GIN-GR. Favorite storylines have been Stalinverse, Toyo vs Divinity, and Armor Hunters.

Last night, I got to attend the Valiant poker night. It was amazing! I wasn't aware of the tight nit Valiant community that existed. I live in New York and just didn't think there would be such a cool group of Valiant fans out west. The fact that I got to meet Dinesh, Fred Van Lente and various Valiant staff members and fans was amazing. The fact that Valiant is so connected to their fan base floors me. It was truly an incredible night.

I hope to continue connecting with the Valiant fans and staff. I look forward to posting in this forum about upcoming Valiant storylines. Thanks to everyone I met at the poker night, you guys were truly hospitable. If anyone ever comes to New York, holler at me!

Peace!

Alex_EarthToneKing

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really
Re: My Valiant Story

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Alex, welcome to the site! Yea, we are a pretty tight nit group, as all areas usually have their get-togethers. I am sure there are a handful of Valiant fans in your neck of the woods on here.

Also, don't forget the FB group, as there are still even more on there that may/may not be here (I frequent both). We've got all kinds of fans here! Podcasts, video podcasts, also comic book review people as well. You name it, we pretty much have it here!

I've seen some of the pics for the poker tourney, that looked awesome! And the swag! Oh man, tell me you got with Jace and got your card!

Again, welcome to the page, and get involved! Have fun! Tons of fun here!
Moose

EarthToneKing
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Favorite character: Ninjak/Harada/SunluightonSnow
Favorite title: Imperium/Divinity/X-O
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello

Post by EarthToneKing »

Thanks Moose! I did indeed meet Jace and get a card! Does this mean I'm now a "card-carrying" member? Lol

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Welcome! It is good to have a long time fan here with us! :clap:

WhoDoo
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: XO 90's Zero issue
Favorite character: Pete
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: LaRosa and Mico

Post by WhoDoo »

Welcome to the boards! :thumb:

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

EarthToneKing wrote:Thanks Moose! I did indeed meet Jace and get a card! Does this mean I'm now a "card-carrying" member? Lol
Think there might be varying "cards" for members, but it's still one of just a few cards made. What, a total of maybe 15 cards might have been made? That in and of itself is pretty awesome!
Moose

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

This is my "Card Carying" moment. It's Dinesh's hotel key to his room. I like to joke that he gave it to me (which he did), but it was during Emerald City Comic Con and not during the Comics Pro event. Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Moose

Ricomortis
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Shadowman - Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Favorite writer: Dysart & Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Larosa, Henry & CAFU

Post by Ricomortis »

Welcome....

Great story!

Rico

Check out my Gallery for this year: A year in the life of Ricomortis (2018) http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 35&t=50927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my Gallery for last year: "A year in the life of Ricomortis (2017)" http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 6#p1056798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

EarthToneKing wrote:I hope to continue connecting with the Valiant fans and staff. I look forward to posting in this forum about upcoming Valiant storylines.
Welcome! :high-five:

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

Welcome to the boards! It was great meeting you and chatting after the poker game.
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Welcome! Post often, man! Very cool that you got to attend a poker game gathering... it's the holy grail of fan events to partake in, around these parts!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;