How the Valiant Characters stole my heart....

How did you become a VALIANT collector?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Jarhara
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 2018
Favorite character: Bloodshot,Ninjak,Faith,Capshaw
Favorite title: the Valiant
How the Valiant Characters stole my heart....

Post by Jarhara »

I never was much of a comic collector but I always liked reading them and while I am interested in Marvel and DC, I never had the motivation to pick up any of their comics. (that said, I live in Germany where single issue comics aren’t as big of a thing).
So, up until very recently, my entire collection of comics consisted of 3 TPBs of The Darkness and two books (Johnny the homocidal maniac and Squee) by Jhonen Vasquez.

And then Valiant happened….

Like I said before, I didn’t read Marvel and DC but I did watch them and I really liked Arrow, and most of all, I loved Michael Rowe as Deadshot.
As you might already have guessed, when I heard of a superhero show with him playing the main character, I was just thrilled.

I already knew Bat in the Sun thanks to a friend so I knew that Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe would be a little cheesy or trashy. But I do like trash if it’s got some heart.
And, what should I say?
I immediately fell in love with most of the characters. So I got myself some comics, red some online and flash forward to today where I own probably around 20 Valiant TPBs and a small collection of other merch (some of it selfmade as there is already not that much that you can buy and the shipping on the official Valiant Store is killing me)
So, long story short… Valiant stole my heart and turned me into a bit of a comic collector…..

(BTW, I am also a cosplayer and I did a few Valiant characters but I guess I’m gonna show all that once I open up a collection topic.)

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: How the Valiant Characters stole my heart....

Post by greg »

Welcome to the board, it's always awesome to hear from someone who just discovered Valiant - fresh perspective! :)

Jarhara
Valiant fan since: 2018
Favorite character: Bloodshot,Ninjak,Faith,Capshaw
Favorite title: the Valiant

Post by Jarhara »

Thanks, I'm happy that I even found this forum... :D
But I doubt I will be of much help, discussing more recent comics..... I only finished Armor Hunters last week

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Jarhara wrote:Thanks, I'm happy that I even found this forum... :D
But I doubt I will be of much help, discussing more recent comics..... I only finished Armor Hunters last week
First, welcome to the page! Glad you found us!

Second, there are a few of us here that just read Trades, there's nothing at all wrong with that. Participate where you can/want, and just simply have fun!
Moose

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Welcome!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;