Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

wejo79
paulsmith56 is my hero
paulsmith56 is my hero
Valiant fan since: Nintendo Comics
Favorite character: Turok, Bloodshot
Getting back into it

Post by wejo79 »

I was an avid comic book collector in the 90s. Recently, after my father passed away, I began going through old stuff from my childhood bedroom. I brought home two long boxes to go with the one I had at home. My first thought was - SELL EVERYTHING. But honestly, going through all this, making scans, and inventorying things has me missing collecting. I'm sure I will sell a little but I may keep a few. Just feels good to look at this stuff.

My first Valiant purchases were the Nintendo comics. I still have LOTS of those - Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Game Boy, and Nintendo Comic System. They're in surprisingly decent shape, too. Looking through those brought back lots of memories. I even recall buying them at our local computer/comic store. I also got into Magnus Robot Hunter and Turok. Years later, when writing for a pop culture blog I created, I ran a post about Valiant being reborn. The folks there appreciated it so much that they began sending me everything they released. I still have quite a bit of that, but, due to a busted pipe in my old apartment, I had to throw some out.

Anyway, Valiant rules! Happy to be approved to the forum.

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!
Re: Getting back into it

Post by geocarr »

Welcome to the board! Thanks for sharing the story. Those Nintendo books have definitely increased in value so great find on those! We'd love to see what you have have from the early days of the 2012 VEI reboot.
***Support your local farmers!***

caxiotis
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Re: Getting back into it

Post by caxiotis »

Welcome
Pull List: I only buy TPB's, HC's and Hellboy comics