CONAN

Non-VALIANT items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
CONAN

Post by Knightt »

Hey folks... I am trying to put a collection of Marvel Conan 1-50. I got in a set of 'Conan The Marvel Years' chromium cards and they are just beautiful. I have a couple of ther collections of Conan cards but these blew me away, beautiful covers.

So my intent here is to put together a collection of Marvel's Conan comcis books ranging from issue #1 to issue #50 (I dont watn to get TOO carried away).

I would REALLY appreciate if there are any here on the boards that could help me out with this. I would like nice looking issues but sorta dinged up ones would work as well. The books are classic anyways so just to own them would be a special thing for me.

ANY help is greatly appreciated, please include the statue, free or per book, how much you want for them... we can wheel and deal.

Please help ?

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

I might have a couple, I've got a few Ghost books I think you still may need also if interested? I'll let you know about the Conans also :thumb:

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Some Dead Uni trivia ... some people think Conan 9 is the prototype for BWS' Rune comic.

:hm:

JohnnyRnR
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by JohnnyRnR »

I've been working on 1-25 for a while, and as I'm close to that, I've been expanding through 100. Good comics! I don't believe I have any extras right now, but if I get or see any, I'll let you know. Do you have any yet? I'm also looking for the last issue, btw.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

depluto wrote:Some Dead Uni trivia ... some people think Conan 9 is the prototype for BWS' Rune comic.

I love BWS Conan.....I really, really do....

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

JohnnyRnR wrote:I've been working on 1-25 for a while, and as I'm close to that, I've been expanding through 100. Good comics! I don't believe I have any extras right now, but if I get or see any, I'll let you know. Do you have any yet? I'm also looking for the last issue, btw.
The only book from 1-about 50 I don't have is....#1.

:)

I told myself, probably back in 1994, that MY price point for a VF/NM Conan #1 is $50....and I promised myself I wouldn't pay more than that....

:lol:

Someday, I'll find one for $50 in VF/NM or better..... :P

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I am pleased with this auction that I just won:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=015

Conan The Barbarian Lot 47 Books. I could have used a few more older books but at least it is a start.

BTW, I just got in the mail a set of Conan: The Marvel Years (Chromium set) and they look SO beautiful. Even on cards, the covers look spectacular.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=020

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

Looking for any of the oversize magazine Conan books? I know a place I can find those.

wallywest
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Conans

Post by wallywest »

PM sent

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

xodacia81 wrote:Looking for any of the oversize magazine Conan books? I know a place I can find those.
Yes I am... I have a few Conan Saga and a very small amount of Savage Sword of Conan. But yeah, I am in the market for those but I dont think I will ever get the deal on the ones that I have (thanks depluto !!!) at if I remember correctly was $.25 or $.50 each. I was luvin' it.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

That IS a FANTASTIC price. I couldn't have gotten them to you for less than a buck each. Oh well. I'll let you know if I ever see a good pile of them anywhere for cheap.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

xodacia81 wrote:That IS a FANTASTIC price. I couldn't have gotten them to you for less than a buck each. Oh well. I'll let you know if I ever see a good pile of them anywhere for cheap.
Well even a buck a piece is acceptible as long as they are not trashed issues. What is the condition of these books.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Def not trashed. Some of them are in bags, others are not. The majority have a non-damaging "bend" in the middle, but no creasing. The bend would probably smooth out once you board them and put them in boxes.

whovianone
...it hurts so much ...my brain hurts!

Post by whovianone »

I'd call that Conan lot a good one, especially if most are high grade. :thumb:
Knightt wrote:I am pleased with this auction that I just won:

Conan The Barbarian Lot 47 Books. I could have used a few more older books but at least it is a start.

BTW, I just got in the mail a set of Conan: The Marvel Years (Chromium set) and they look SO beautiful. Even on cards, the covers look spectacular.

siren3-4
The best feeling I get is filling holes
The best feeling I get is filling holes

Post by siren3-4 »

I know what type of a collector you are . . . so I would never do anything like tell you about the Hard Hero Conan statue pictured below . . . :twisted:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

no no no NO... only collecting Marvel SUPERHEROES... resisting.

whovianone

Post by whovianone »

Evil, but I like yer style. :thumb:
siren3-4 wrote:I know what type of a collector you are . . . so I would never do anything like tell you about the Hard Hero Conan statue pictured below . . . :twisted:

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

siren3-4 wrote:I know what type of a collector you are . . . so I would never do anything like tell you about the Hard Hero Conan statue pictured below . . . :twisted:

Why are you pushing a statue of a tanned, muscular man wearing nothing but mini a skirt??

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Dr. Solar wrote:

Why are you pushing a statue of a tanned, muscular man wearing nothing but mini a skirt??
PLEASE Doc... Conan has STUMBLED past more p@ssy, than we will EVER see in our lifetime.

All he does is fight and F@ck... (and not always in that order. That is MY kinda lifestyle !! Boo YAA) :thumb:

Dr. Solar
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

Knightt wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:

PLEASE Doc... Conan has STUMBLED past more p@ssy, than we will EVER see in our lifetime.

All he does is fight and F@ck... (and not always in that order. That is MY kinda lifestyle !! Boo YAA) :thumb:
By Crom, these words you speak... they carry the weight of wisdom. I am humbled and inspired by them.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Aye, my eyes are not brown due to being full of horse offal. True blue as sapphires and just as easily plucked out, by Crom's steel !!!

stone384
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by stone384 »

nerds....

:lol:
m

rlute11
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by rlute11 »

Knightt wrote:I am pleased with this auction that I just won:

Since you got several past 50 anyway, I'd recommend aiming for 1 - 115. That's Roy Thomas's complete run. That's what I did. I read them all straight through and they were consistently good. I don't think there's a good point to stop before 115. It's like one long story that connects. I've read that after Roy left the book just went downhill.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Dr. Solar wrote:

mini a skirt....? What's that? :wink: Must be part of a horde.... :P