defiant's WOP #11

Non-VALIANT items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS
defiant's WOP #11

Post by dave »

don't know if anyone is looking for one of these-i haven't seen many around so i thought i'd offer the one i got today...

is there any interest in the collected WOP tpb?

how about a german version of that new x-men number 1 it the same as the one from FCBD...tomorrow people or whatever with wolvie on the cover scrapping his claws on the ground...is that x-men unlimited #1?

duh....
dave

dave

Post by dave »

please form a line...remember these will be sold on a first come first served basis....bueller...bueller.

i picked up nearly EVERY defiant title i needed yesterday! and i needed all the last issues, harder to find ones! sweet!

all i'm looking for now as far as regular issues go is:
dark dominion 0 and 10
war dancer 1 and 4
charlemagne 3
AND
splatterball 1
whacked
glory 0
and the home for the holidays tpb

don't have the spanish P&C #2 either...

anyone looking for a warriors of plasm 13 it's the final issue/schism

lmk
dave

dave

Post by dave »

so what are you trying to say-i don't need those comics just because they don't exist?

there really is no book called whacked? was that a solicited but never produced book do y'know? i got those books off of some list...don't remember where.

dave

Post by dave »

hmmm...such cryptic msgs...what is it you want me to address sir knight?

(chris bangs head on desk)

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

Dave, there's a "Home for the Holidays" on eBay right now! It starts for a mere penny!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 18813&rd=1

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

Does anyone actually have a copy of the BIRTH of the Defiant Universe? I've never seen one, only the Origin of the Defiant Universe....

If possible please post a scan!

Thanks!!!!

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

MagnusRF wrote:Does anyone actually have a copy of the BIRTH of the Defiant Universe? I've never seen one, only the Origin of the Defiant Universe....

If possible please post a scan!

Thanks!!!!
I have one myself, just picked it up this past month at a LCS New Year's Sale and I almost crapped my pants when I saw it. It's a limited edition of 1,000 copies signed by Jim Shooter and it comes with a special outer cover. It also originally came with a pair of gloves and a letter (the gloves were because their motto was "the gloves are off" but you were supposed to use the gloves to handle the book!) I don't have a scan of my own copy, but here's a copy from Mile High:

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Knightt_333 wrote:I think there is at least one guy on these boards who has one and I have seen one from a different guy over on the Defiant boards. I am TRYING to line one up as they are SWEET... I will post a scan of one here in a bit. It is the Holy Grail of Defiant books for me... droooooool.
oops, didn't mean to steal your thunder, Knightt!

PS: Just hit post #800, whoopee! :thumb:

Vault-Keeper
Mr. Sunshine
Mr. Sunshine

Post by Vault-Keeper »

Knightt_333 wrote: There is no Dark Dominion #0, it came out in Card form, you need to 100 card set to have this.
Just to eloborate on a few points. Dark Domiion #0 is a 150 card set.
Knightt_333 wrote: Splatterball #1 came in the Plasm card binders (1st and 2nd edition)
Each issue is stamped on the cover (in foil) either "Premiere Edition" or "2nd Edition".
Knightt_333 wrote: No such book called 'whacked'
I'ver never heard of it either. What is your reference on this?
Knightt_333 wrote: Glory #0 never came out in book form, it came a few pages a time in issues of Previews, same with The Good Guys 1.5 (I 'could' be mistaken on the Good Guys 1.5... 'could be')
Glory #0 was serialized in 3 parts in the magazine "Overstreet's Marketplace". I need to check the issue numbers. Good Guys #1.5 was serialized in 12 parts in Previews, as you've stated.
Knightt_333 wrote: P&C #2 in Spanish is VERY hard to find, issue #1 in Spanish is all over the place.
For a long time it was rumored not to exist. This is until I posted a pics of my copy, which I pre-ordered brand new out of Previews back when it came out. I posted pics of this on Defiant1's messageboard. You need to look at the title page to tell the difference between it & the English version, because, unlike the Spanish version of P&C #1, there is no Spanish written on the cover of #2. I am the only person I know who has a copy of this. Anyone else??
Knightt_333 wrote: Also there is an issue called Birth of the Defiant Universe (not to be confused with Origin of the Defiant Universe)
My copy is #939/1000, & the LCS owner I bought it from threw away the gloves. He was smart in that way....I had him dig out Promo stuff from his trash can more than once. I might have been able to save the gloves from the trash had I known about them at the time! Ah, well! Overstreet's Marketplace did a column on this rare issue, stating that it was the most expensive comic ever produced due to the mylar outer cover.---Steve

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

:bigeyes: To quote Joe Dirt..... "Daaannnngggg!!" :bigeyes:

Now I really need one of these!

On a side note here..... Gee, thanks guys. Since I've found and joined the boards, I've started chasing stranger and stranger books that are harder and harder to find.... :!:

:thumb:

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

MagnusRF wrote::bigeyes: To quote Joe Dirt..... "Daaannnngggg!!" :bigeyes:

On a side note here..... Gee, thanks guys. Since I've found and joined the boards, I've started chasing stranger and stranger books that are harder and harder to find.... :!:

This one is definitly one of the hardest.....if anyone that owns one wants to trade/sell let me know :D (worth a shot)

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

To all of you about to write to dino, remember, I posted that I wanted it first! :D (and I hear dino has cooties, if you don't want to catch them, don't deal with him!) :P

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Vault-Keeper wrote:
Knightt_333 wrote: No such book called 'whacked'
I'ver never heard of it either. What is your reference on this?
The Whacked book he's referring to is not really a Defiant book, it was published by the River Group, the guys that put out the Defiant card products. Defiant1 has this on his site but I don't see why anyone would feel they need this for their Defiant collection.

Take a look at the bottom of this page:

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/defiant ... nesis.html

Knightt_333 wrote: P&C #2 in Spanish is VERY hard to find, issue #1 in Spanish is all over the place.
Vault-Keeper wrote:For a long time it was rumored not to exist. This is until I posted a pics of my copy, which I pre-ordered brand new out of Previews back when it came out. I posted pics of this on Defiant1's messageboard. You need to look at the title page to tell the difference between it & the English version, because, unlike the Spanish version of P&C #1, there is no Spanish written on the cover of #2. I am the only person I know who has a copy of this. Anyone else??
I got lucky and picked up a copy of Prudence and Caution #2 Spanish Edition from Mile High. They have since been sold out on this.

Valiant OCD
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Valiant OCD »

dino wrote:
MagnusRF wrote::bigeyes: To quote Joe Dirt..... "Daaannnngggg!!" :bigeyes:

This one is definitly one of the hardest.....if anyone that owns one wants to trade/sell let me know :D (worth a shot)
What would a book like that go for roughly? :think: :wink:
When I was five, I dragged my dad into "Mike's Comic Hut"... If only I'd known..

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

That's a good question, I'd say no more than $3-$7. At least until I get mine, then they should be closer to $100-$125 :wink:

The Spider
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Re: defiant's WOP #11

Post by The Spider »

dave wrote:don't know if anyone is looking for one of these-i haven't seen many around so i thought i'd offer the one i got today...

is there any interest in the collected WOP tpb?

how about a german version of that new x-men number 1 it the same as the one from FCBD...tomorrow people or whatever with wolvie on the cover scrapping his claws on the ground...is that x-men unlimited #1?

duh....
dave
That's Ultimate X-Men #1.

The Spider
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by The Spider »

I have a copy of the BIRTH OF THE DEFIANT UNIVERSE, but it doesn't have gloves, and it isn't signed. (Found it bagged and boarded in a 25 cent bin even, so I don't think it's damaged, as far as I can tell)

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

Knightt_333 wrote:There have been recorded sales of $2.25 up to $12.50 without the gloves.

I am looking for a copy in case anyone has one available... LAST copy I need to finish out my Defiant collection.
Too bad you were not on the boards when I sold & traded mine to Defiant1 when he was a member. It had everything. The gloves w letter in the original envelope. It is the one he has on his site. I got a X-O litho and 25 or 35 cash for it. Seeing how I picked it up for less than $10.00 and don't really collect the Defiant stuff it was a deal that worked for both of us.
http://chrismorrillart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

The Spider wrote:I have a copy of the BIRTH OF THE DEFIANT UNIVERSE, but it doesn't have gloves, and it isn't signed. (Found it bagged and boarded in a 25 cent bin even, so I don't think it's damaged, as far as I can tell)
an unsigned copy of this book has to be fairly rare, as most of them would be part of the signed and numbered edition of 1,000. Do you have a scan of this book, by chance?

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Knightt_333 wrote:Oh, now he will NEVER sell it to me... :|
ok, I take it back, the copies that "Shoop" neglected to sign and number are worthless, you might as well trade it to Knightt for an autographed copy of Warriors of Plasm #1, which is a lot harder to find! :P

The Spider
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by The Spider »

Brother J wrote:
The Spider wrote:I have a copy of the BIRTH OF THE DEFIANT UNIVERSE, but it doesn't have gloves, and it isn't signed. (Found it bagged and boarded in a 25 cent bin even, so I don't think it's damaged, as far as I can tell)
an unsigned copy of this book has to be fairly rare, as most of them would be part of the signed and numbered edition of 1,000. Do you have a scan of this book, by chance?
Yes, I just scanned it a few minutes ago:

The Spider
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by The Spider »

Knightt_333 wrote:
Brother J wrote:
Oh, now he will NEVER sell it to me... :|
Actually, long before Brother J made his post, I went to the link to Defiant1's page, and since I didn't find anything about an unsigned copy, I figured it would be harder to find.

What I'm wondering is, how the hell are there unsigned copies? Did Shooter and Defiant give away a few extra?

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends

Post by justin »

is brother j looking to move this copy?

-a
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends

Post by justin »

Knightt_333 wrote:No... Brother Knightt is looking to GET this copy... LOL
hmmmm thanks for the clearification

-a
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

architect wrote:is brother j looking to move this copy?

-a
I was just curious to see an unsigned one, as I don't recall seeing one before. I do have a copy, but mine is a signed edition, but no gloves or letter. I'm not looking to sell, though.