depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

I think those look pretty cool, in a tacky toy way. I'd be very surprised if someone from here didn't get them.

In fact, I'm putting in a bid right now ...

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

depluto wrote:I think those look pretty cool, in a tacky toy way. I'd be very surprised if someone from here didn't get them.

That's exactly why I posted the auction before it ended. :thumb:
:hm:

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

mrwoogieman wrote:
depluto wrote:I think those look pretty cool, in a tacky toy way. I'd be very surprised if someone from here didn't get them.

We have a winner!

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

depluto wrote:
mrwoogieman wrote:

We have a winner!
good deal, do you have any of the Ultraverse figures? I'd like to see Prime kicking Turok's *SQUEE*! :thumb:

mrwoogieman

Post by mrwoogieman »

depluto wrote:
mrwoogieman wrote:

We have a winner!
You da man!

Now, if you're like me when I was a kid, those figures should all be in a field hospital in a couple days - firecrackers and such take a toll...

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

Brother J wrote:
depluto wrote:
mrwoogieman wrote:

We have a winner!
good deal, do you have any of the Ultraverse figures? I'd like to see Prime kicking Turok's *SKREE*! :thumb:
I actually won a neatstuff auction for about 25 Ultraverse figures, half were the rare black ones, for $25 shipped. I thought it was too good to be true, and they sent me an email shortly after saying they goofed and don't have the figures after all.

They sent me a refund.

And now I've seen them put up some of the same figures in smaller, more pricey lots.

:thumb:

Ebay rocks!

mrwoogieman

Post by mrwoogieman »

I was just reading a copy of Comic Book Collector #13 that I picked up earlier today, cover date Jan. 1994.

Man what a hoot the feature story was, titled The Valiant Universe: One Year Later! It contains some real gems from Jon Hartz, things like:

yeah, we've lost 1/3 of our circulation numbers since the speculator bubble popped, but we prefer to sell to readers, and, our numbers are going down slower than the other companies! Pop the Champagne boys!! (okay, I made up that last one about the Champagne :wink: )

But my favorite part about reading these old articles is the stuff they never got around to doing, and this article is no exception: Second Life of Doctor Mirage #0, anyone?

Plus they were running a contest, grand prize was a signed Ninjak 1 gold edition, signed by Joey Q., Palmiotti and Moretti.

shadowmite
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by shadowmite »

mrwoogieman wrote:I was just reading a copy of Comic Book Collector #13 that I picked up earlier today, cover date Jan. 1994.

Man what a hoot the feature story was, titled The Valiant Universe: One Year Later! It contains some real gems from Jon Hartz, things like:

yeah, we've lost 1/3 of our circulation numbers since the speculator bubble popped, but we prefer to sell to readers, and, our numbers are going down slower than the other companies! Pop the Champagne boys!! (okay, I made up that last one about the Champagne :wink: )

But my favorite part about reading these old articles is the stuff they never got around to doing, and this article is no exception: Second Life of Doctor Mirage #0, anyone?

Plus they were running a contest, grand prize was a signed Ninjak 1 gold edition, signed by Joey Q., Palmiotti and Moretti.
First time I've heard of Mirage #0....what would it have been about? We already know his origin :think:

mrwoogieman

Post by mrwoogieman »

shadowmite wrote:
mrwoogieman wrote:I was just reading a copy of Comic Book Collector #13 that I picked up earlier today, cover date Jan. 1994.

First time I've heard of Mirage #0....what would it have been about? We already know his origin :think:
First time I'd heard of it as well. The article says, " On the horizon are four zero issues: Bloodshot 0, Turok 0, Ninjak 0 and TSLODM 0." But, the article doesn't say what it was supposed to be about.

Obviously the other three were made, and a Ninjak 00 as well, but no Mirage 0...

dellamorte
Zombies and nightstand nightmares

Post by dellamorte »

I found a two page interview with Marty Stever and Tony Bedard in Vantage#5 Aug 1994 cover date. It deals mostly with Acclaims purchase of the company.

SnotDrip
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: Magnus Robot Fighter #1

Post by SnotDrip »

depluto wrote:I actually won a neatstuff auction for about 25 Ultraverse figures, half were the rare black ones, for $25 shipped. I thought it was too good to be true, and they sent me an email shortly after saying they goofed and don't have the figures after all.

They sent me a refund.

And now I've seen them put up some of the same figures in smaller, more pricey lots.

:thumb:

Ebay rocks!
Is this a typical occurence on ebay (neatstuff?? I know they stopped selling on ebay about a year ago when the negs and neutrals kept flooding in). :o

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

dellamorte wrote:I found a two page interview with Marty Stever and Tony Bedard in Vantage#5 Aug 1994 cover date. It deals mostly with Acclaims purchase of the company.
Any interesting revelations?

/Magnus

dellamorte

Post by dellamorte »

magnusr wrote: Any interesting revelations?

/Magnus
When asked about Valiants place in the industy in five years.

"..Marvel and DC won't be thought of as the Big Two. Valiant and maybe one or two other companies will be big enough and successful enough to be considered major."

How wrong can you be. :(

dellamorte

Post by dellamorte »

Here's an interesting quote from Triumphant owner Adam Post from the same issue of Vantage.

"..We've all heard that Valiant is planning to pubish another universe, right? They need more titles? Or do they need to bring the quality up on their current titles to get the Image numbers? I don't believe that it's impossible for Valiant comics to sell as much as Image comics. Why can't they have better coloring? Is Rob Liefeld a genius? Maybe he is. Is Todd McFarlane a genius? Is Valiant reinvesting in quality? NO. They're following the Marvel pattern...Let's put out more."

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

dellamorte wrote:Here's an interesting quote from Triumphant owner Adam Post from the same issue of Vantage.

"..We've all heard that VALIANT is planning to pubish another universe, right? They need more titles? Or do they need to bring the quality up on their current titles to get the Image numbers? I don't believe that it's impossible for VALIANT comics to sell as much as Image comics. Why can't they have better coloring? Is Rob Liefeld a genius? Maybe he is. Is Todd McFarlane a genius? Is VALIANT reinvesting in quality? NO. They're following the Marvel pattern...Let's put out more."
Ominious words.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

Man what a hoot the feature story was, titled The VALIANT Universe: One Year Later! It contains some real gems from Jon Hartz, things like:
dellamorte wrote:I found a two page interview with Marty Stever and Tony Bedard in Vantage#5 Aug 1994 cover date. It deals mostly with Acclaims purchase of the company.
updated :thumb:

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Re: VALIANT Completists - VALIANT Magazines/Articles

Post by depluto »

dino wrote:Last edited by dino on Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:43 pm; edited 43 times in total
:o :thumb:

Daniel Jackson
Re: VALIANT Completists - VALIANT Magazines/Articles

Post by Daniel Jackson »

depluto wrote:
dino wrote:Last edited by dino on Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:43 pm; edited 43 times in total
:o :thumb:
Now that's a lot of editing.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

Jay Tomio wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but in the latest Wizard, they chose Magnus as a character they would like to see return this year (noteing his rights are owned by Random House). It's sidebar material where he was included with SGT Rock, Deathlok, Mr. Miracle, and Namor. Part of the quote says, "he could be another Conan with more depth"
Thanks for the heads up :thumb:

dellamorte

Post by dellamorte »

Not sure if this counts but I found sitting on my desk today a copy of Amazing Heroes #59 (Nov. 15th 1984) I think my wife picked it up at a garage sale and left if for me. Anyway it has an article titled I, Robot Fighter a hero history of Magnus Robot Fighter by Bill Henley Jr. It has 10 pages of Magnus goodness including a full page Magnus pic by Jeff Albrecht. It also features an issue breakdown that includes dates, titles, first app and origins as well as artists.

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

How do you tell a Wizard 17 Gold from a Wizard 17 Platinum?
:?
Anybody got pictures?

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

geocarr wrote:How do you tell a Wizard 17 Gold from a Wizard 17 Platinum?
:?
Anybody got pictures?
If I remember correctly, the color of the word “wizard” is where you can tell the difference.

MoonChild
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by MoonChild »

I found a bunch of these Valiant related mags yesterday, anyone have extras to sell? I want to collect em
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^

MoonChild
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by MoonChild »

BUMP! I'v been on a tear trying to get these, I have alot of good stuff, still need quite a few, anyone open to trades/sales? thanks.
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

how hard are the wizards with valiant stuff on the cover to find ?