WTB: Shadowman vol.2 & 3, Deadside, Master Darque

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Schmakt
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
WTB: Shadowman vol.2 & 3, Deadside, Master Darque

Post by Schmakt »

This might have to wait until I get back from Europe, but I figured I'd toss it out there...

I've got SM vol. 2 1-4 & 10... anyone got anything else they're willing to part with? Word. :)

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Be safe in Europe....

Your going to Amsterdam, right....!

Be Extra carefull.

:thumb:

slym2none
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

Yeah, 'be careful' in Amsterdam... you might wander out of a coffee shop and up to the Red Light district!

:twisted: :twisted: :thumb:

-slym

Schmakt
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Schmakt »

yeah, I'll be careful. I've got a coffee shop map already, so I can be extra sure to avoid those awful places!

it's flying back from London that I'm worried about... how can I fly all the way across the ocean without a carryon??

damned terrorists...

svair
HEY ALL...I'M NEW TO THE SITE AND HAVE KEPT LOW PROFILE
HEY ALL...I'M NEW TO THE SITE AND HAVE KEPT LOW PROFILE
Valiant fan since: inception

Post by svair »

I believe the rules have been toned down a bit...
check with the airline your flying for the update...

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

Schmakt wrote:it's flying back from London that I'm worried about... how can I fly all the way across the ocean without a carryon??
stick some VALIANTS down your shirt,

...just don't stick them down your pants :o :o :o

No one wants "those" varaints :lol:

:D

SnotDrip
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: Magnus Robot Fighter #1

Post by SnotDrip »

See if the Bull Dog is still there!

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

SnotDrip wrote:See if the Bull Dog is still there!
I've been there (I think :hm: :hm: ) long, long ago...

In fact I still have a Bulldog coster.... and a shirt with a Bulldog patch.

Ok so, I've got a crazy Bulldog story....

So I went backpacking to Europe about 9 years ago... with 2 of my buddies. we took a 12 hour train ride to get form Geneva to Amsterdamm, we ended up staying in Amsterdam for 9 days (you propably can guess what we WERE into) out of 30 total days in Europe. (BTW I about 2 and a half days of memories :( )

So of course.... we went to the Bulldog often, so we kinda befriended some of the guys that worked there, including this giant blonde dude, he was about 6'7, 6'8 (I'm 6'5, so he was a giant!), we was the bouncer-type guy.

Well one night we're sitting outside on the tables all "relaxed" and we noticed some weasle-looking dude talking to this smokin' hot chick, the chick obviously was not enjoying hereself..., but the dude would not take the hint...

so out of nowhere, the blonde giant dude jumps over a table and just clocks this dude in the chops, I mean he layed him out!

We of course are shocked! Then the giant (and I am not exaggerating here) picks up the dude, off the floor, and presses him over his head and tosses him over the railing of the restraunt (Like the old Road Warriors [Hawk and Animal] in the old N.W.A. in the early 80's{how aobut that for a reference :D } how they would always throw their opponents over the ropes)

Then the Giant jumps the over the railing, and begin kicking him relentlessly, just pummling him. Finally the giant stops.

Later we asked the giant why he attacked that dude...

...it was his girlfriend.

True story!

(BTW, I have not been "relaxed" for over 7 and a half years :thumb:)

RobInOttawa
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by RobInOttawa »

That's an awesome story. The blond guy could have been "Charlemagne" from Defiant comics.

It sounds like Amsterdam is quite the place to visit. I may have to plan a Europeen vacation.

SnotDrip

Post by SnotDrip »

Elveen wrote:

So I went backpacking to Europe about 9 years ago... with 2 of my buddies. we took a 12 hour train ride to get form Geneva to Amsterdamm, we ended up staying in Amsterdam for 9 days (you propably can guess what we WERE into) out of 30 total days in Europe. (BTW I about 2 and a half days of memories :( )

So of course.... we went to the Bulldog often, so we kinda befriended some of the guys that worked there, including this giant blonde dude, he was about 6'7, 6'8 (I'm 6'5, so he was a giant!), we was the bouncer-type guy.

Well one night we're sitting outside on the tables all "relaxed" and we noticed some weasle-looking dude talking to this smokin' hot chick, the chick obviously was not enjoying hereself..., but the dude would not take the hint...

so out of nowhere, the blonde giant dude jumps over a table and just clocks this dude in the chops, I mean he layed him out!

We of course are shocked! Then the giant (and I am not exaggerating here) picks up the dude, off the floor, and presses him over his head and tosses him over the railing of the restraunt (Like the old Road Warriors [Hawk and Animal] in the old N.W.A. in the early 80's{how aobut that for a reference :D } how they would always throw their opponents over the ropes)

Then the Giant jumps the over the railing, and begin kicking him relentlessly, just pummling him. Finally the giant stops.

True story!

Was there few times myself, the last time coming back from Bangkok. When you where there, was the downstairs ceiling beams still covered in bills stapled by patrons? I put one up there with "Better to burn out then to fade away - Neil Young" :lol:

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

SnotDrip wrote:
Elveen wrote:

True story!

Was there few times myself, the last time coming back from Bangkok. When you where there, was the downstairs ceiling beams still covered in bills stapled by patrons? I put one up there with "Better to burn out then to fade away - Neil Young" :lol:
it would be impossible for me to remember that... not so many memories from my nine days in Amsterdam... but I know I was there... I have pictures!

But I do recall there being at least 2 different bulldogs (?) but again, I 'm not so sure.....

:hm: :hm:

SnotDrip

Post by SnotDrip »

Elveen wrote:
SnotDrip wrote:
Elveen wrote:

True story!

it would be impossible for me to remember that... not so many memories from my nine days in Amsterdam... but I know I was there... I have pictures!

But I do recall there being at least 2 different bulldogs (?) but again, I 'm not so sure.....

Burn the pics dude and fast :lol:

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

SnotDrip wrote:
Elveen wrote:
SnotDrip wrote:
Elveen wrote:

True story!

:lol:, I have them burried somewhere...

I think I got rid of the "illegal" ones already... (?)

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

What was the reason this Thread was even started? :D :P

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

betterthanezra wrote:What was the reason this Thread was even started? :D :P

-Brian
My man Schmakt is going to see Pearl Jam in Amsterdam... right...?

...maybe it was something about selling comics books, but I'm not sure...

:wink:

SnotDrip

Post by SnotDrip »

Elveen wrote:
SnotDrip wrote:
Elveen wrote:
SnotDrip wrote:
Elveen wrote:

True story!

aah yes the compromising photos (aka blackmail). The wife found mine. Luckily we were not married yet nor dating :oops:

I think there may have been 2 as well nearly in the same area. The one I'm thinking of had an upstairs and downstairs. There was a MacDonald's close by as well and a Youth Hostel.

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

SnotDrip wrote:
Elveen wrote:
SnotDrip wrote:
Elveen wrote:
SnotDrip wrote:
Elveen wrote: I've been there (I think :hm: :hm: ) long, long ago...

True story!

aah yes the compromising photos (aka blackmail). The wife found mine. Luckily we were not married yet nor dating :oops:

I think there may have been 2 as well nearly in the same area. The one I'm thinking of had an upstairs and downstairs. There was a MacDonald's close by as well and a Youth Hostel.
Is the other big "bar" called the Grasshopper?

SnotDrip

Post by SnotDrip »

Elveen wrote:
SnotDrip wrote:
Elveen wrote:
SnotDrip wrote:
Elveen wrote:
SnotDrip wrote: Was there few times myself, the last time coming back from Bangkok. When you where there, was the downstairs ceiling beams still covered in bills stapled by patrons? I put one up there with "Better to burn out then to fade away - Neil Young" :lol:

Is the other big "bar" called the Grasshopper?
:lol: :hm: but no.

From the central Train Station walking towards the huge needle monument turn right at the "needle monument" (turning left will take you into the "Red Light" district), and walk/stagger into the area was called Leidsenplein(sic ??). It was on the left hand side.

*SQUEE* its all coming back now :o
Last edited by SnotDrip on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:29:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

Guys, some advice - no pictures, no video, no letters, deny, deny, deny!!!

:thumb: :lol: :twisted:

-slym