Wow... I guess some must of took it hard with my criterias..

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

goki31
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Wow... I guess some must of took it hard with my criterias..

Post by goki31 »

First off... If I am to sell something I would of posted what I have by now.
Secondly, why can't I trade with someone that has 25+ feedback from Ebay? Someone ask me how many feedbacks do I have my answer is 53.
So, I am asking for half of my feedback as to trade. Whether you sold, buy, or trade at least it shows what kind of reputation you have. I don't see a list of good traders here so why should I take a risk? Show me a link of good traders on this site and I may not ask for those feedbacks. Yes. This is not EBAY but I guess from a reputation stand point to this site I figured it would help for trading/buying/ or selling. Thirdly, if you feel that the trade was not FAIR than don't. I said, "what I had as a trade and later said if you want something else let me know." I actually have quite a bit to trade and didn't feel like listing it. I much rather have people pm me and tell me what they need as a trade than I will reply what I have. For the record, I do have Magnus 12's and the person who makes that comment don't need it. I thougth this was a Valiant community and not bashing someone NEW that comes aboard. I can tell that peson spent there time well requoting what I ask from other post I've made. Also, if I was all in too money like someone was saying than I would have sold my Valiant collection when it was HOT, and even when is NOT I still have them. Don't jump the GUN and judge people until you actually buy, sell, or trade with me.. Final note, if you don't wish to do neither than it is not my lost.. :P

GJB
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by GJB »

People get a little frustrated with individuals who pop by once in a blue moon to buy/sell/trade with strict requirements and not contribute to the community. In a round about way, you are being told to be more active and get to know us, and vice versa. It's a matter of courtesy.

That's not a bad thing. :thumb:

goki31
Hmm.. I think it goes both ways..

Post by goki31 »

Yes. I admit I didn't get to know the peeps here very well and should know them a little better before posting such a requirement. Then again, since they've been here for quite some time they shouldn't have judge me that quickly. I never judge anyone here on this site.. I merely asks some questions and from there stand point they did not like. If you don't like the question than don't answer. If you answer than be a little more polite about it. And at the same instance it shows how well you treat new comers.. What I ask I didn't think it was too much. I was merely asking for refrences so that it can be safe to buy, sell, or trade in both ways. I thought that was the proper way to handle it. If you think I have high criterias is because I am a "collector" and have mutiples so that I can finish my collection in trade. If not, than I buy. Especially, my Valiant comics.. I started collecting comics because I enjoy everything about Valiants. So, if I have to sell any of it than it would be hard for me. I guess the only way I would sell is if I have multiples of one copy... Anyways, I propose a good buyer, seller, & traders list here in Valiantfan.com to rest any new comers that may ask for the same criterias... :hm:

Rubiks-Q-Bert
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
Favorite character: Master Darque

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

This is a community of pretty good people. Like GJB said when someone new comes in with strict criteria about who you will and wont trade with is crap. I bet some of the best people on this site don't even have an ebay account. As for a good trader list, it's probably easier to tell you who NOT to trade with. This is a board of good "peeps". Noone ever sees eye to eye all the time on here but we usually get along fairly well. I went through my own rough patch early on but I stuck around. Alot of these people have gone through rougn spots. Several of them have been here for years now and have thousands of posts. It does not get you anywhere to retaliate at this early stage. If anything it will just make it worse for you. Deal with the bashing and teasing. It will pass. In short, deal with it or leave.

goki31
Thanks for the info. on courtesy & initiations..

Post by goki31 »

I think I'm better off just asking info. on Valiants. If I want to do anything
more than that than I'm going to have to get to know everyone better...
:o [/img]

Rufusharley
donkey-shorts!..uhh i mean..danke schön!

Post by Rufusharley »

What would you like to know?

And welcome! :thumb:

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Oh dear god sport when you're done crying me a river about what I posted about you ....Go back and read every post of every thread of every topic.

And when you see what we are about THEN sell us your junk that every other comic book stoe in your area didn't want to buy off you.

:roll:

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

jedimarley wrote:Oh dear god sport when you're done crying me a river about what I posted about you ....Go back and read every post of every thread of every topic.

And when you see what we are about THEN sell us your junk that every other comic book stoe in your area didn't want to buy off you.

:roll:
:clap: People who tell it like it is.

cinlach@aol.com
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
Valiant fan since: From the beginning...
Favorite character: Wow, who can pick just one?
Favorite writer: FVL FTW!

Post by cinlach@aol.com »

while i can understand your hesitance to sell directly to individuals on the site i have to ask if you do have those concerns AND have an active ebay account then why not just find out what someone needs, set a price, list it on ebay with a buy it now and have them buy it?

not to bust your chops but that trust thing is a two way street.

sure you come into a new situation and are wary of all the new people who might be potentially buying from you.

well when someone new pops into our situation with stuff for sale or trade and we don't know them then we have the same concerns as you do.

i'd say watch the buy/sell/trade area and see who's wheelin' and dealin' and if someone who isn't in there frequently asks to work out a deal then ask around for info on them.

pick 2 or 3 active former members at random and ask about the person.

the chances of one person giving false feedback on another is possible, but 3 or 4 random people all giving the same false feedback is next to impossible.

i was selling a chaos effect alpha red to a new person and i asked, in the thread, if anyone would be willing to give me a reference to make the buyer feel better.

they did and he did...so he bought it.

there's lots of ways around this without getting a little hot under the collar.

but hey, what do i know...i'm just someone you've never spoken to before.
WWSLJD, MF?

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Basically go-kee this is a community in the truest sense of the word. This is not your everyday fansite.

Go check out the Kudos thread......

There is more free stuff sent to members by memebers than there is stuff sold.

I think that many of us have become very connected to our little place on the net. Maybe if you would have come in posted a bit, read some old posts, got the feel of the place, then you might have seen how it is done.

I'm not slammin you, just trying to help.

Just start postin a bit, add to the banter and witty comments. Post a riduclous pic of Count Chocula of Yoda and it's all good.

And, the dudes here a very generous and friendly bunch. Stay around a bit, and you'll have no prob. trading for the books you need.

It is just a bit uncomfortable when someone comes in to a house and starts setting rules, when the rules of the house have already been established.

and one last thing......

Hola compadre......

:thumb:

goki31
I have to say that this is a different SITE...

Post by goki31 »

I mean if I am reading you correctly of giving more than selling which is sometimes unheard of in my opinion. I am not doubting that you members give more than have taken. I am sure that you guys have... Like I said, I need to spend more time here, look around, and get the feel of this site. I wasn't trying to set any rules for everyone because I don't run this fan site. To be honest, I actually just randomly picked 25 out of 50 for Ebay feedbacks. I could of easily asked for 5 but I don't think even in this community they would take it very lightly. I wasn't trying to cause any trouble and thought that maybe it would be safer on both sides since I was new. Writing it and saying it in someone's eye is two different things.
Anyways, I do have alot to offer and in respects to just being a member to
this fan site. So, what's done is done and I look forward to the next day.. :thumb:

Elveen
Re: I have to say that this is a different SITE...

Post by Elveen »

goki31 wrote:I mean if I am reading you correctly of giving more than selling which is sometimes unheard of in my opinion. I am not doubting that you members give more than have taken. I am sure that you guys have... Like I said, I need to spend more time here, look around, and get the feel of this site. I wasn't trying to set any rules for everyone because I don't run this fan site. To be honest, I actually just randomly picked 25 out of 50 for Ebay feedbacks. I could of easily asked for 5 but I don't think even in this community they would take it very lightly. I wasn't trying to cause any trouble and thought that maybe it would be safer on both sides since I was new. Writing it and saying it in someone's eye is two different things.
this fan site. So, what's done is done and I look forward to the next day.. :thumb:

yes, this is exactly what I am saying.

:wink:

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dac55 »

Elveen wrote:
goki31 wrote:I mean if I am reading you correctly of giving more than selling which is sometimes unheard of in my opinion. I am not doubting that you members give more than have taken. I am sure that you guys have... Like I said, I need to spend more time here, look around, and get the feel of this site. I wasn't trying to set any rules for everyone because I don't run this fan site. To be honest, I actually just randomly picked 25 out of 50 for Ebay feedbacks. I could of easily asked for 5 but I don't think even in this community they would take it very lightly. I wasn't trying to cause any trouble and thought that maybe it would be safer on both sides since I was new. Writing it and saying it in someone's eye is two different things.

David

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

dac55 wrote:
Elveen wrote:

David

You know all to well brother.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

You got it. :thumb:

Rufusharley

Post by Rufusharley »

If you've got a little bit of time, go to the "My valiant story" forum and tell us a bit of how you got into comics (valiant specifically) and where you're from.

whovianone
...it hurts so much ...my brain hurts!

Post by whovianone »

Rufusharley wrote:If you've got a little bit of time, go to the "My VALIANT story" forum and tell us a bit of how you got into comics (VALIANT specifically) and where you're from.

:thumb: :clap:

See, we all came here because of the love for Valiant, or because we were interested and hadn't given them a chance before. Some of us were away for awhile (like me), and came back after many years to the Valiant fold. I for one had never been on a message board before, and since coming here many months ago, I have had alot of people help me, alot of people say nice things, I've been given some things, given some things myself, etc., etc. But, one thing is certain, this IS a community. There's a family atmosphere.

Also, remember that even though many of us here use ebay (myself included), we couldn't care less about anyone's envolvement on here as long as they stand behind what they do here. I've got guys I've dealt with here that have no selling history on ebay, and no selling feedback, but I've bought from them, and traded with them, and been very happy. Part of that is because we are a community, and we wouldn't mess over one of our brothers or sisters because in the end we all have to deal with and live with each other.

And, "evil Greg" might drop the hammer too. Remember, he's always watching. :| *shiver*

siren3-4
The best feeling I get is filling holes

Post by siren3-4 »

Once again, I have made an *SQUEE* of myself trying to get to a computer. You have made an *SQUEE* out me of for the last time. Three letters: WTS. W, Wait T, to, S, Sell. Wait to Sell. WAIT TO Sell!

AIDA. Attention. Interest. Decision. Action. Attention. Do I have your attention? Interest. Are you interested? I know you are 'cause it's hang around a little first or get your *SQUEE* straightened out. You learn the ropes here or you get hit with a brick. Decision. Have you made your decision to hang around? And action. AIDA. Hang around the *SQUEE* site.

You got a PM coming in, you think I made it because I've got nothing better to do? I could be typing nonsense at random people on the internet, but I'm posting to you. I don't care that you're twelve or eleven or whatever, are you pig enough to stick it out?

I'm a good poster, and you're a pig. I don't give a poop. Good Poster . . . You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you thoughtless pain in the *SQUEE*? AIDA. Get mad you daughter-of-a-*SQUEE*. Get mad. You know what it takes to answer my post? It takes brass balls to answer my call. Go and do likewise. The Post is written, you read it, it's yours, you don't, I got no sympathy for you.

I'd wish you good luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me. Pig. Oh, also, tell your mother I said "Go *SQUEE* yourself." This is Dad, post me back when you get a chance.

(after alec)

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

siren3-4 wrote:Once again, I have made an *SQUEE* of myself trying to get to a computer. You have made an *SQUEE* out me of for the last time. Three letters: WTS. W, Wait T, to, S, Sell. Wait to Sell. WAIT TO Sell!

AIDA. Attention. Interest. Decision. Action. Attention. Do I have your attention? Interest. Are you interested? I know you are 'cause it's hang around a little first or get your *SQUEE* straightened out. You learn the ropes here or you get hit with a brick. Decision. Have you made your decision to hang around? And action. AIDA. Hang around the *SQUEE* site.

You got a PM coming in, you think I made it because I've got nothing better to do? I could be typing nonsense at random people on the internet, but I'm posting to you. I don't care that you're twelve or eleven or whatever, are you pig enough to stick it out?

I'm a good poster, and you're a pig. I don't give a poop. Good Poster . . . You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you thoughtless pain in the *SQUEE*? AIDA. Get mad you daughter-of-a-*SQUEE*. Get mad. You know what it takes to answer my post? It takes brass balls to answer my call. Go and do likewise. The Post is written, you read it, it's yours, you don't, I got no sympathy for you.

I'd wish you good luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me. Pig. Oh, also, tell your mother I said "Go *SQUEE* yourself." This is Dad, post me back when you get a chance.

(after alec)
:bigeyes:
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

:lol: Damn, what did I miss?
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!

whovianone

Post by whovianone »

:o

whovianone

Post by whovianone »

:o

whovianone

Post by whovianone »

Yeah, what did we miss? I *really* wanna know. :D

siren3-4

Post by siren3-4 »

No . . I haven't gone insane . . . .

Just shareing a little Alec Baldwin phone message love . . . with some alterations . . . :)

TKWill
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!

Post by TKWill »

Now it makes sense. I wasn't sure what was going on, it was as if you had a schizophrenic episode of some sorts. Thank you for the clarity, I was getting a little frightened. :D