Comiclink?

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Comiclink?

Post by ckb »

Hey! Check this out!

http://www.comiclink.com/./forsale.asp

Scroll down about half way and click the "Show New CGCs" link. Then scroll down that list.

Good for a chuckle! Bid away!

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

those are unbelievable... :shock:
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

I think that comiclink works a little differently than other places though....you can buy the book right now for those prices or you can bid whatever you like for the book....the owner of the book then decides if he wants to sell it to you for that price...Also I am fairly sure that comiclink is a consignment kinda deal where you will pay comiclink and then the person with the book will mail the book to comiclink. they then mail payment to the owner and the book to the new owner...middle man /escrow kinda deal.....not really a true auction though so those books might go for a lot less....i think...I could be wrong....anyone know for sure?

whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

ImageImage
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/

ckb

Post by ckb »

Dawg is correct on the mechanics, except I'm pretty sure the books listed won't go for much less than their listing price.....hmmm....

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

yes the prices are a "little" high :wink: but I thought that people should be aware of the different style of comiclink...I gotta wonder why you would get these books cgc'd....I guess if you expected that you would get these type of prices I would get my copies graded and go ahead and cash out.... I think that comiclink is known for having some pretty high prices on average books....

R Daneel
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger

Post by R Daneel »

ckb wrote:Dawg is correct on the mechanics, except I'm pretty sure the books listed won't go for much less than their listing price.....hmmm....
Are you saying people will pay close to those prices, or are you saying they will go unsold? (or a mix of both?)

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

I think that he is saying that they will go unsold...I hope that they go unsold...jeez what would happen if these books did sell for these prices? dogs and cats living together in harmony....rain falling up? what?

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

I'll guess that they go unsold at those prices...
(Even though a few are certainly nice to look at...)
but it's more important to know if "aug002" and "rotphungte"
have seen them... because who knows about those guys! :wink:

http://www.comiclink.com/./subsection.a ... &FROM=&TO=

BodaZoffa
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by BodaZoffa »

Turok Gold CGC 9.6..... $250.00. Ummmmmh, let me see. I think I'll pass.

ckb

Post by ckb »

Why you would get them CGCd? Each one is a premium, not the regular edition. Comiclink doesn't have a way to designate a variant in the listing....

Conisder the recent 9.8's that have sold near $300 - like Solar 7. How crazy does a Unity Red 9.8 or Harbinger 0 Pink 9.8 sound at $750 considering?
DawgPhan wrote:yes the prices are a "little" high :wink: but I thought that people should be aware of the different style of comiclink...I gotta wonder why you would get these books cgc'd....I guess if you expected that you would get these type of prices I would get my copies graded and go ahead and cash out.... I think that comiclink is known for having some pretty high prices on average books....

ckb

Post by ckb »

I'm saying a little birdie landed on my shoulder and told me they won't be selling for much less than what is listed - with the obvious excecptions. I'm sure the seller would take $100+ for some of the 9.6s, like the Turok Gold that Boda passed on... :-)

Then the birdie took a big crap and flew away.... Bye birdie!
R Daneel wrote: Are you saying people will pay close to those prices, or are you saying they will go unsold? (or a mix of both?)

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

ckb wrote:Why you would get them CGCd? Each one is a premium, not the regular edition. Comiclink doesn't have a way to designate a variant in the listing....

Conisder the recent 9.8's that have sold near $300 - like Solar 7. How crazy does a Unity Red 9.8 or Harbinger 0 Pink 9.8 sound at $750 considering?
DawgPhan wrote:yes the prices are a "little" high :wink: but I thought that people should be aware of the different style of comiclink...I gotta wonder why you would get these books cgc'd....I guess if you expected that you would get these type of prices I would get my copies graded and go ahead and cash out.... I think that comiclink is known for having some pretty high prices on average books....
Pretty F'N NUTS!!! This is insane you could have a complete set of valiants for the cost of 1 of those books..inlcuding the harbinger pink and a Unity red for $750.....and there is no way that I would trade a full run of valiants for 1 book...it could be an 11.0 and it would not be worth 750...No way these books sell for anywhere near the prices listed. They are retarded....no way...no way...

whetteon

Post by whetteon »

Amen brother DawgPhan. At $750 I could buy 10 copies of Unity Red and surely one would come out with a 9.8

ckb

Post by ckb »

Two points:

1. Considering the 9.8 Solar 7 sale at $300, what is a Harb 0 pink CGC 9.8 worth then?? The sale is in the books, I'm sure Aug002 will pay up. What do you think if not 750? There are about 1/10th the number of H0 pinks versus the Solar 7...

2. Where are you going to get 10 copies of unity red at $75 each - not to mention ones that look like they might have a chance at a 9.8... A CEAR sold today for $125....

whetteon

Post by whetteon »

ckb wrote:Two points:

1. Considering the 9.8 Solar 7 sale at $300, what is a Harb 0 pink CGC 9.8 worth then?? The sale is in the books, I'm sure Aug002 will pay up. What do you think if not 750? There are about 1/10th the number of H0 pinks versus the Solar 7...

2. Where are you going to get 10 copies of unity red at $75 each - not to mention ones that look like they might have a chance at a 9.8... A CEAR sold today for $125....
Aug002 might buy them. There was an auction I was watching and just removed from my list after it ended for a NM Unity 0 Red closing at 71 or 72 dollars. A CEAR would be a little more difficult to find. But would it be $750 difficult? Dunno. At prices that high your paying for the label and NOT the comic.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

Two points:

I've found unity reds to be particularly hard to find in high grade, probably because its so thin it damages easily. On the other hand all my copies of harbinger pink are easily 9.4+. I think those were just taken care of better even when valiant meant nothing. For 750 though Id rather have 10 copies in VF-NM then 1 CGC 9.8

Wheaton, here is the unity red auction that ended at $71. The seller states "Actually I have never seen this book in better condition. Send this off to be graded!":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=3983

and heres one that finished for only $30 just three days earilier. Here the seller says "This auction is for a VF/NM copy":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=3983