ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Newest Books |
It is currently Dec 17, 2018 6:19:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:31:34 pm 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37978
DawgPhan wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
myron wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Wow, I can't believe someone didn't point it out sooner.


I know that I have seen it on here before...or somewhere...I knew you could look only at the negatives if you wanted.


yeah...we've seen it here before...or else on the CGC boards at some point in time...not new...but definitely worth pointing out and bumping up every once in a while... :thumb:


It if was ever posted here before I must have missed it. Cause I sure don't remember anyone talking about it.


Well that is the sort of thing that the #1 has to do...you have to keep up this this stuff..this job isnt just about pushing around noobs, and throwing your weight around....You can just roll out of bed and toss out a couple of jokes....you gotta know stuff...if hobo toss out some new gay joke you gotta know...you need to know all the inside jokes and where they came from...why x-omatic and knight dint like each other...the username of all the DNV folks...if someone makes up a new abbreviation, you gotta know what it means...you're the leader now... :thumb:


Hmm... I see. I had no idea it was that involved.


Oh yeah...all the young bucks will be gunnign for you trying to make a name for themselves..its tough being #1..


Ha, ha...maybe I should just concede....


be strong...you can do it..quiting is just what they want you to do..


we should bet to see who the next #1 will be...


You never know maybe someone will come out the blue and surprise everyone.


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:32:16 pm 
Thatched Roof Cottages!!!
Thatched Roof Cottages!!!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:16:31 am
Posts: 5238
Location: The S is for Sucks
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Ha, ha...maybe I should just concede....


Easy fix. You can just pick one of the following:

a. Stop using your current account and start a new one under the ID "DJ". Dawg would reclaim the mantle within minutes and you wouldn't have to worry about it any more.

b. Ask Greg to reset your post-count to some low number. Unfortunately you may have to go through that awkward "Bobbing for Layton's" phase again. The forum equivalent of puberty.

c. Ask Greg to delete your current account altogether, including every single one of your posts and every thread you ever started. Then you can make a "new" account called "Daniel Jackson". You can then act like a newb and ask all kinds of questions that have already been answered fifty or more times :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:36:44 pm 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37978
Technique wrote:
You can then act like a newb and ask all kinds of questions that have already been answered fifty or more times :thumb:


Heh, heh. That one might be worth considering....


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:43:42 pm 
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:37:59 am
Posts: 16075
Location: watertown, wi
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger
Technique wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Ha, ha...maybe I should just concede....


Easy fix. You can just pick one of the following:

a. Stop using your current account and start a new one under the ID "DJ". Dawg would reclaim the mantle within minutes and you wouldn't have to worry about it any more.

b. Ask Greg to reset your post-count to some low number. Unfortunately you may have to go through that awkward "Bobbing for Layton's" phase again. The forum equivalent of puberty.

c. Ask Greg to delete your current account altogether, including every single one of your posts and every thread you ever started. Then you can make a "new" account called "Daniel Jackson". You can then act like a newb and ask all kinds of questions that have already been answered fifty or more times :thumb:


d. Pull a ZWH and stop posting for a couple of months (what did he call it?...sell imposed exile or something?

_________________
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:45:08 pm 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37978
myron wrote:
Technique wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Ha, ha...maybe I should just concede....


Easy fix. You can just pick one of the following:

a. Stop using your current account and start a new one under the ID "DJ". Dawg would reclaim the mantle within minutes and you wouldn't have to worry about it any more.

b. Ask Greg to reset your post-count to some low number. Unfortunately you may have to go through that awkward "Bobbing for Layton's" phase again. The forum equivalent of puberty.

c. Ask Greg to delete your current account altogether, including every single one of your posts and every thread you ever started. Then you can make a "new" account called "Daniel Jackson". You can then act like a newb and ask all kinds of questions that have already been answered fifty or more times :thumb:


d. Pull a ZWH and stop posting for a couple of months (what did he call it?...sell imposed exile or something?

I think he said self-imposed hiatus.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:46:59 pm 
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:37:59 am
Posts: 16075
Location: watertown, wi
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger
THAT'S IT! :thumb:

_________________
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:08:15 pm 
My posts are simmered in four flavors
My posts are simmered in four flavors
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:17:39 am
Posts: 11553
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
hiatus...


yep but Zeph did it right..he just left...no big post about leaving and how life is unfair and he cant take it anymore and he is never coming back...he just left. When he was ready...he came back...no grandstanding about leaving and then coming back and acting like nothing happened...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:47:26 pm 
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:55:24 pm
Posts: 22374
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Wow, I can't believe someone didn't point it out sooner.


I did, quite a while ago.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:51:05 pm 
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:55:24 pm
Posts: 22374
DawgPhan wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
myron wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Wow, I can't believe someone didn't point it out sooner.


I know that I have seen it on here before...or somewhere...I knew you could look only at the negatives if you wanted.


yeah...we've seen it here before...or else on the CGC boards at some point in time...not new...but definitely worth pointing out and bumping up every once in a while... :thumb:


It if was ever posted here before I must have missed it. Cause I sure don't remember anyone talking about it.


Well that is the sort of thing that the #1 has to do...you have to keep up this this stuff..this job isnt just about pushing around noobs, and throwing your weight around....You can just roll out of bed and toss out a couple of jokes....you gotta know stuff...if hobo toss out some new gay joke you gotta know...you need to know all the inside jokes and where they came from...why x-omatic and knight dint like each other...the username of all the DNV folks...if someone makes up a new abbreviation, you gotta know what it means...you're the leader now... :thumb:


Seriously, Deej, if you can't handle the pressure and responsibility of being #1, you're gonna have to step aside and let someone else have a go.

Some people just can't handle the big dog spot.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:34:24 pm 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37978
ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Wow, I can't believe someone didn't point it out sooner.


I did, quite a while ago.


Sorry, I guess I wasn't paying attention.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:23:04 pm 
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 12:08:46 pm
Posts: 36698
Location: Troll- free zone.
Daniel Jackson wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Now would be a good time for a "Number 2" joke . . .

Where's Slym when you need him?


Is that all I am around here? Essentially, the court jester?

*sigh* Fine, I'll go put on my motley with cap and bells.........



-slym

_________________
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:25:22 pm 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37978
slym2none wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Now would be a good time for a "Number 2" joke . . .

Where's Slym when you need him?


Is that all I am around here? Essentially, the court jester?

*sigh* Fine, I'll go put on my motley with cap and bells.........



-slym


That's more like it. Now make with the funny stuff.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:33:14 pm 
Account deactivated by administrator.

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:26:15 am
Posts: 5504
slym2none wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Now would be a good time for a "Number 2" joke . . .

Where's Slym when you need him?


Is that all I am around here? Essentially, the court jester?

*sigh* Fine, I'll go put on my motley with cap and bells.........



-slym

Yep. Your the jester. Wonder what the hell I am? Or should I even ask?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:35:48 pm 
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:07:18 pm
Posts: 22290
Location: Adrift on the Seas of Fate
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman
steverino wrote:
slym2none wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Now would be a good time for a "Number 2" joke . . .

Where's Slym when you need him?


Is that all I am around here? Essentially, the court jester?

*sigh* Fine, I'll go put on my motley with cap and bells.........



-slym

Yep. Your the jester. Wonder what the hell I am? Or should I even ask?


I'm the Joker, you're the Smoker and who the hell knows who the Midnight Toker is . . .

_________________
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:36:37 pm 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37978
steverino wrote:
slym2none wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Now would be a good time for a "Number 2" joke . . .

Where's Slym when you need him?


Is that all I am around here? Essentially, the court jester?

*sigh* Fine, I'll go put on my motley with cap and bells.........



-slym

Yep. Your the jester. Wonder what the hell I am? Or should I even ask?


It's probably for the best if you don't know.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:37:24 pm 
Account deactivated by administrator.

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:26:15 am
Posts: 5504
Daniel Jackson wrote:
steverino wrote:
slym2none wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Now would be a good time for a "Number 2" joke . . .

Where's Slym when you need him?


Is that all I am around here? Essentially, the court jester?

*sigh* Fine, I'll go put on my motley with cap and bells.........



-slym

Yep. Your the jester. Wonder what the hell I am? Or should I even ask?


It's probably for the best if you don't know.
:o


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:39:16 pm 
Account deactivated by administrator.

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:26:15 am
Posts: 5504
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
steverino wrote:
slym2none wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Now would be a good time for a "Number 2" joke . . .

Where's Slym when you need him?


Is that all I am around here? Essentially, the court jester?

*sigh* Fine, I'll go put on my motley with cap and bells.........



-slym

Yep. Your the jester. Wonder what the hell I am? Or should I even ask?


I'm the Joker, you're the Smoker and who the hell knows who the Midnight Toker is . . .

Toker??? I know some tokers. I can get them if we need them. One thing's for sure, glaucoma doesn't bother them one bit.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:24:03 pm 
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:37:59 am
Posts: 16075
Location: watertown, wi
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger
steverino wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
steverino wrote:
slym2none wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Now would be a good time for a "Number 2" joke . . .

Where's Slym when you need him?


Is that all I am around here? Essentially, the court jester?

*sigh* Fine, I'll go put on my motley with cap and bells.........



-slym

Yep. Your the jester. Wonder what the hell I am? Or should I even ask?


I'm the Joker, you're the Smoker and who the hell knows who the Midnight Toker is . . .

Toker??? I know some tokers. I can get them if we need them. One thing's for sure, glaucoma doesn't bother them one bit.


I'm down with Steve Miller! :wink:

_________________
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:00:33 am 
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:55:24 pm
Posts: 22374
Daniel Jackson wrote:
ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Wow, I can't believe someone didn't point it out sooner.


I did, quite a while ago.


Sorry, I guess I wasn't paying attention.


Looks like my original post was wayyyy pre-crash. The post-crash appearances were by others, but I always mention Win every time. ;)


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:06:56 am 
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:55:24 pm
Posts: 22374
DawgPhan wrote:
hiatus...


yep but Zeph did it right..he just left...no big post about leaving and how life is unfair and he cant take it anymore and he is never coming back...he just left. When he was ready...he came back...no grandstanding about leaving and then coming back and acting like nothing happened...


Yup...and it was a nice hiatus, too.

The conditions that caused it went away, so back I came. :)

But DON'T PUSH ME, or I will STOMP OFF in a HUFF and NEVER....I mean NEVER...come back to this place....AGAIN!

:thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:02:53 am 
My posts are simmered in four flavors
My posts are simmered in four flavors
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:17:39 am
Posts: 11553
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
steverino wrote:
slym2none wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Now would be a good time for a "Number 2" joke . . .

Where's Slym when you need him?


Is that all I am around here? Essentially, the court jester?

*sigh* Fine, I'll go put on my motley with cap and bells.........



-slym

Yep. Your the jester. Wonder what the hell I am? Or should I even ask?


I'm the Joker, you're the Smoker and who the hell knows who the Midnight Toker is . . .



well there are 2 big Bob Marley fans on this board...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:57:51 pm 
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:07:18 pm
Posts: 22290
Location: Adrift on the Seas of Fate
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman
steverino wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
steverino wrote:
slym2none wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Now would be a good time for a "Number 2" joke . . .

Where's Slym when you need him?


Is that all I am around here? Essentially, the court jester?

*sigh* Fine, I'll go put on my motley with cap and bells.........



-slym

Yep. Your the jester. Wonder what the hell I am? Or should I even ask?


I'm the Joker, you're the Smoker and who the hell knows who the Midnight Toker is . . .

Toker??? I know some tokers. I can get them if we need them. One thing's for sure, glaucoma doesn't bother them one bit.


Bring 'em to the next Mini-Con -- I been squinting a lot lately.

_________________
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:34:31 pm 
Account deactivated by administrator.

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:26:15 am
Posts: 5504
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
steverino wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
steverino wrote:
slym2none wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Now would be a good time for a "Number 2" joke . . .

Where's Slym when you need him?


Is that all I am around here? Essentially, the court jester?

*sigh* Fine, I'll go put on my motley with cap and bells.........



-slym

Yep. Your the jester. Wonder what the hell I am? Or should I even ask?


I'm the Joker, you're the Smoker and who the hell knows who the Midnight Toker is . . .

Toker??? I know some tokers. I can get them if we need them. One thing's for sure, glaucoma doesn't bother them one bit.


Bring 'em to the next Mini-Con -- I been squinting a lot lately.
Sure thing. We'll take my truck. Joe's the designated driver. Hope he knows how to drive an automatic.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:20:49 pm 
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:57:36 am
Posts: 1002
Location: Mt Pleasant SC
Wow, this is a great tool, I just ran it on myself, i have 1 negative remark with is *SQUEE* because I refunded the guy, I also had 2 neutrals that I forgot about, 1 guy was like "perfect item, took long to recieve it", yeah buddy, im sure that was my fault


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:30:36 pm 
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 12:08:46 pm
Posts: 36698
Location: Troll- free zone.
I am going to start linking this in my auctions, as you can find my one negative and the response from the guy saying (basically) it was a mistake.

:D



-slym (eBay ID pewter4144)

_________________
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CParenti and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group