X-O Ring

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Re: X-O Ring

Post by jmatt »

:o :o :clap:

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

Hmmm . . . my gold ring is not as bright and good-looking as Bob Layton's. It could be tarnish after all these years? Also I asked the seller about it and he doesn't know as he is selling it for a friend.

Well, I will post pics for you to see. It's different from the bronze and silver.

iggy101us

Post by iggy101us »

X-O Manowar gold ring (outer box is printed in silver, inner box is printed in gold/metallic)

X-O Manowar silver ring (outer box is printed in silver, inner box is printed in gold/metallic)

X-O Manowar bronze ring (outer box and inner box is printed in red) and gold ring (outer box is printed in silver, inner box is printed in gold/metallic)

X-O Manowar bronze, silver, gold rings and Ninjak bronze, silver rings

X-O Manowar bronze, silver, gold rings and Ninjak bronze, silver rings

Here are some old pics from several years ago without with X-O Manowar gold ring. The lighting is better showing the color differences:

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Seriously Cool!

iggy101us

Post by iggy101us »

nycjadie wrote:Seriously Cool!
Thanks. The seller did not note the color of the ring. I knew something is off because of the color of the inner and outer box. I thought maybe the flash on the typical red lettering made it appear gold/metallic. I asked the seller about it and once he confirmed that the lettering is not red, I knew it's something special.

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

Definitely not the same ring as Bob's. You either have another variant or something someone modified. Although along with the color of the lettering on the inside of the box, I'll go with "another variant" for now!

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story

Post by StarBrand »

Wow. I'd never seen this thread before. Cool find.
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

iggy101us

Post by iggy101us »

ckb wrote:Definitely not the same ring as Bob's. You either have another variant or something someone modified. Although along with the color of the lettering on the inside of the box, I'll go with "another variant" for now!
The color of the lettering on the inside of the box is very similar (may be identical?) to that of the X-O silver. The physical "gold" ring is different from the X-O silver in that the X-O silver has a a very tiny number that says 0.25 (it's super tiny and hard to tell) above the "1" on the inside of the ring. So in that sense, the "gold" ring is different from the silver ring. The "gold" ring is definitely lighter compared to the common bronze ring.

What do other X-O silver rings look like? Perhaps this "gold" ring is a silver variant or prototype? The package is similar to the common bronze ring box sleeve but the stamp is definitely different. It's almost as if the stamp from the silver ring is used on the typical bronze ring box sleeve. But again, the physical ring is different from the silver ring as mentioned above.

A mystery . . . . :hm:

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

iggy101us wrote:Hmmm . . . my gold ring is not as bright and good-looking as Bob Layton's. It could be tarnish after all these years? Also I asked the seller about it and he doesn't know as he is selling it for a friend.

Well, I will post pics for you to see. It's different from the bronze and silver.
:o :hope: Starting to think I have one. Didn't think it was special. Mine as well is not nearly as bright as Bob's. I'd say mine looks almost a bit silvery. But it doesn't have the 0.25 and it does have the same box as your gold. If I really have struck gold I only know about it thanks to your info. Btw, I have one silver that is like yours but in the box there's also a little sticker that says "Sterling silver".

/Magnus

iggy101us

Post by iggy101us »

magnusr wrote:
iggy101us wrote:Hmmm . . . my gold ring is not as bright and good-looking as Bob Layton's. It could be tarnish after all these years? Also I asked the seller about it and he doesn't know as he is selling it for a friend.

:o :hope: Starting to think I have one. Didn't think it was special. Mine as well is not nearly as bright as Bob's. I'd say mine looks almost a bit silvery. But it doesn't have the 0.25 and it does have the same box as your gold. If I really have struck gold I only know about it thanks to your info. Btw, I have one silver that is like yours but in the box there's also a little sticker that says "Sterling silver".

/Magnus
Interesting. Perhaps there are 2 silver versions - one with the slip box and the other with the full box. I think the 0.25 means it's 0.25 ct? Anyone here knows jewelry as to what the 0.25 means? But why would the ring with the slip box not have the 0.25 and in a silver stamped box?

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

iggy101us wrote:
magnusr wrote:

/Magnus
Interesting. Perhaps there are 2 silver versions - one with the slip box and the other with the full box. I think the 0.25 means it's 0.25 ct? Anyone here knows jewelry as to what the 0.25 means? But why would the ring with the slip box not have the 0.25 and in a silver stamped box?
.925 is sterling. No idea what 0.25 would mean.

Blood of Heroes

So I just looked at my ring and box. It definitely says .925 stamped above the 1 on the underside of the ring. Which makes sense since it's sterling silver.

The box(es) it came in are pictures below. The ring was in a little black ring box along with a little sticker that says "sterling silver". Inside the box is the XO/Valiant logo printed in silver. The little black box was in a sleeve with the logo printed in red. The sleeve was then in a white box with the logo in silver again. ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iggy101us

Post by iggy101us »

Very detailed pics, BoH. My silver ring and its box looks like yours. I guess it's not 0.25, it's .925 like yours. It's so tiny that it's hard to tell.

Yes, I should re-upload and re-link the pics. Just need to find the time and the pics.

Blood of Heroes

In regards to the yellow color of the ring, it's likely just tarnished.
According to "the Internet":

"Over a period of time the same silver jewelry starts to show changes in color and turns from a yellowish tint to deep yellow and even black. This is called the tarnishing of silver and is a natural process."