San Diego's surprise...

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

cinlach@aol.com
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
Valiant fan since: From the beginning...
Favorite character: Wow, who can pick just one?
Favorite writer: FVL FTW!

Post by cinlach@aol.com »

it's cool kc...take your time and get everything in order.

so what's the stuff i'm missing between the lines here?

there's pictures of the remarked magnus books and a lot of veiled insinuations...can a brother get some answers?
WWSLJD, MF?

svair
HEY ALL...I'M NEW TO THE SITE AND HAVE KEPT LOW PROFILE
HEY ALL...I'M NEW TO THE SITE AND HAVE KEPT LOW PROFILE
Valiant fan since: inception

Post by svair »

Chris...You and I have spoken about this before...You in no way have caused me any grief....please understand this..

I was the first person to suggest you get the money instead of the litho's...understandably, the litho's may have been printed by then, so that may not have been an option.

I myself will be one of the first people to help you in getting your money back. Whatever is decided on distribution with these, you know my feelings.

I will gladly pay you for the price of the litho. But I do not want one. As I mentioned before, you can tear it up for me.

In my opinion, the idea that Brian tried to resolve this and is helping KC to get back his money in some way is Great!...I'm sure Brian had enough going on..he didn't need to have this dropped on his lap...

If and when these litho's are distributed, I think everyone should involve themselves in helping KC get his money back.

KC did nothing wrong. He wanted VALIANT fans, who were interested, to be able to obtain an awesome piece by Bob Layton and Ian Sekowski.

Brian did nothing wrong. He tried to help out one of his fellow boardmembers.

Only one person has done something wrong. We all know who that is. It is "he" that has made people question each other and at times caused unnecessary confrontations between boardmembers because of this and other projects.

This "pariah", is the one the negativity should be going to. No one else.

We all share a common interest. VALIANT comics. This is why we come on these boards.

This project was done for the VALIANT fan and it should be supported, however you would like, in order for KC to get his money back.

cinlach@aol.com

well i'm in for sure...it's bad enough to see KC's project get bashed but i won't see him lose money on top of that.
WWSLJD, MF?

SnotDrip
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: Magnus Robot Fighter #1

Post by SnotDrip »

I'm in as well :thumb:

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

Count me in too. I'd love to have one of these - unless it benefits Justin in some way.
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

tcolli wrote:So I don't get it. Neither KC nor Svair are in SDCC but the litho is being sold/given away there? Justin showed up and no one confronted him face to face to say WTF? Anyone understand this better than I do? :?
I don't know the guy, but had I known he was there, I would have been on him like ugly on an ape. :twisted:

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

BTW--Brian's panel was great! I got to meet Knightt, Sonicdan, X-OMatic, and of course, Brian! It would have been better with more panelists, but what was Brian gonna do? Form a chain gang to get them there?

It was fun and exciting to meet everyone!! :thumb:

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

I wish I could have been there, will not miss next year.

I think I would have enjoyed meeting some of the fellas as much as anything, ...another time possibly.

slym2none
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

jedimarley wrote:You don't have a warm and fuzzy sac? Poor slym. :(
My sac is like two big, hairy, peachy-pink coloured raisins, thank you very much. But, if you'll notice, I never said I didn't have that - I said that it wasn't me talking about "my boys" in chat. I can do that here, where everyone will see. See??!!?

:twisted: :lol: :D

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Cross off peaches and raisins as food I can ever eat again.

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

svair wrote:As for the magnus/nexus books, it seems they were not taken to the con as they were with Mike Baron for signing...Well I can tell you..an email was sent to Mike and he does not have them....another lie...no surprise
:o :| :!:

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

svair wrote:I will gladly pay you for the price of the litho. But I do not want one.
Same here.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

jedimarley wrote:Cross off peaches and raisins as food I can ever eat again.
:lol:

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

jedimarley wrote:
svair wrote:I will gladly pay you for the price of the litho. But I do not want one.
Same here.
If allowed to purchase, I will give the $$ to the one that it is owed. But I don't want one. I'm with you two.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

I'm in for one, too. I'll just stick it in the attic somewhere.

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

k_c_collectibles wrote:Guys,

I am VERY appreciative of the fact that Brian took time out of his San Diego trip to help me out by getting the lithos from Justin...

Please be patient with me - I will share information as I receive it,
Chris
:thumb:

-slym

wrunow
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: They killed her off!
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Nord

Post by wrunow »

For all you guys who don't want one, with the exception of John, who, as I said before was really left holding the bag in NYC, I think you're nuts. The print is really sweet and to belittle owning it because a certain person happened to deliver it to the printer, and pick it up (quite late I would add) is really not fair. KC paid real money to Mr. Layton to have this done, from the looks of it, it probably cost a lot more than I would be willing or could afford to spend and I have a little bit of disposable income. I don't care if there is a holo sticker on the litho, if you decide to fray the edges, or if JDE delivers it personally to my house, I could care less, it's a nice peice of art and I want one, maybe more.

Let's all get behind Chris on this one and turn this into a positive experience for him and for the board.

Mark
I am selling "nothing" on ebay-yet.

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

jedimarley wrote:Cross off peaches and raisins as food I can ever eat again.
Oops... sorry 'bout that.

:oops: :lol: :twisted:

-slym

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

wrunow wrote:For all you guys who don't want one, with the exception of John, who, as I said before was really left holding the bag in NYC, I think you're nuts. The print is really sweet and to belittle owning it because a certain person happened to deliver it to the printer, and pick it up (quite late I would add) is really not fair. KC paid real money to Mr. Layton to have this done, from the looks of it, it probably cost a lot more than I would be willing or could afford to spend and I have a little bit of disposable income. I don't care if there is a holo sticker on the litho, if you decide to fray the edges, or if JDE delivers it personally to my house, I could care less, it's a nice peice of art and I want one, maybe more.

Let's all get behind Chris on this one and turn this into a positive experience for him and for the board.

Mark
And KC will get my money. I've already said that.

And I said I do not want THIS print. :thumb:

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

wrunow wrote:The print is really sweet and to belittle owning it because a certain person happened to deliver it to the printer, and pick it up (quite late I would add) is really not fair.
I agree. Not wanting this print is like refusing a package you've waited months for just because you're no longer on speaking terms with your mailman.

It's the package that's important. Forget the mailman.

All these "I don't want one now" comments sound like you think the print has cooties.

cinlach@aol.com

maybe the hologram sticker should be a circle and 3 dots...that'd do the trick for sure!
WWSLJD, MF?

tcolli
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man

Post by tcolli »

I have always and will always want one of these. KC, point me to your Paypal address and it will be there buddy.

:thumb:
I do chicken right!

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

I still find it hard to believe the guy would have the nerve to show up at one these events without taking care of his unfinished business first.

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

MagnusRF wrote:BTW--Brian's panel was great! I got to meet Knightt, Sonicdan, X-OMatic, and of course, Brian! It would have been better with more panelists, but what was Brian gonna do? Form a chain gang to get them there?

It was fun and exciting to meet everyone!! :thumb:
I agree. The panel was fun. Brian and Charles pulled it off very well considering.
Those two definitely deserve a round of applause (or a round of drinks!) It was also great meeting the board members there.
I was impressed with the audience turnout and it was a nice discussion.
Nice to know there are other VALIANT fans out there besides our little internet fan club.
Bernard Chang showed up afterwards as were hanging around and signed some stuff. I'll post some pix later.
As far as the litho goes, it looks amazing! I'm with Greg on this in that I shouldn't matter how it was delivered. I support KC on this project
and I hope he can recoup his expenses and have something positive come out of this.
DAN
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

greg wrote:
wrunow wrote:The print is really sweet and to belittle owning it because a certain person happened to deliver it to the printer, and pick it up (quite late I would add) is really not fair.
I agree. Not wanting this print is like refusing a package you've waited months for just because you're no longer on speaking terms with your mailman.

It's the package that's important. Forget the mailman.

All these "I don't want one now" comments sound like you think the print has cooties.
And when you have this litho hanging on your wall?

Will you be thinking of all the members that justin screwed?

And I'll say it again...I DO NOT WANT THIS PRINT!