San Diego's surprise...

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

jedimarley wrote:And when you have this litho hanging on your wall?

Will you be thinking of all the members that justin screwed?

And I'll say it again...I DO NOT WANT THIS PRINT!
No, because I can choose what to think.

When I see it hanging on my wall, I'll be thinking...
"SWEET!"
Christmas in July '06.

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

jedimarley wrote:And when you have this litho hanging on your wall?

Will you be thinking of all the members that justin screwed?
I can understand that. But for me, it will be a reminder of the brotherhood of this board and how valuable it is. That's in addition to it being a really sweet print.
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

It doesn't bother you that svair was embarrassed at the NY con because of this print?

It doesn't bother you that because of this print, KC could not make the SD con?

I wouldn't wast the wall-space on THIS print.

Just my thoughts....Not looking for trouble. :thumb:

greg

Post by greg »

jedimarley wrote:It doesn't bother you that svair was embarrassed at the NY con because of this print?

I understand. No trouble here.

For me, it's all about how you look at it. (Or how I look at it.)

The reason svair was embarrassed at the NY con was because we had NOTHING.

The reason that KC couldn't make it to San Diego was because he spent his money and received NOTHING.

The reason that I had totally given up on this print was because I honestly expected NOTHING.

There's been a spot on my wall since the NY con that's been occupied by NOTHING.

To me, NOTHING was the bad part. Three months of nothing. I'm tired of "nothing".

What these prints represent to me is SOMETHING.

I'm happy to replace all those "nothings" with something...
even a late something.

Having nothing means that it's still bad news.
Having something means the bad news has ended.
The moment Brian got the lithos, it's been good news ever since.

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

greg wrote:For me, it's all about how you look at it. (Or how I look at it.)
Then we see two different things my friend. :thumb:

tcolli
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man

Post by tcolli »

So was there a VfVSS for the con as well? Spill it you haves to us have nots!!!
I do chicken right!

Zero
I discovered platinum in Indiana.

Post by Zero »

tcolli wrote:So was there a VfVSS for the con as well? Spill it you haves to us have nots!!!

I would assume this would be it?:

viewtopic.php?t=11287&start=24

tcolli

Post by tcolli »

Zero wrote:
tcolli wrote:So was there a VfVSS for the con as well? Spill it you haves to us have nots!!!

Thanks brother. Now if I can just secure a #37 to keep the collection in the black! :thumb:
I do chicken right!

greg

Post by greg »

tcolli wrote:
Zero wrote:

Thanks brother. Now if I can just secure a #37 to keep the collection in the black! :thumb:
This is Brian's project for San Diego Con '06... but not a VfVSS.
(Just trying to avoid confusions.)

tcolli

Post by tcolli »

greg wrote:
tcolli wrote:
Zero wrote:

This is Brian's project for San Diego Con '06... but not a VfVSS.
(Just trying to avoid confusions.)
You say potato, I say tomato :P I STILL WANT ONE! :thumb:
I do chicken right!

wrunow
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: They killed her off!
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Nord

Post by wrunow »

greg wrote:
jedimarley wrote:It doesn't bother you that svair was embarrassed at the NY con because of this print?

I understand. No trouble here.

For me, it's all about how you look at it. (Or how I look at it.)

The reason svair was embarrassed at the NY con was because we had NOTHING.

The reason that KC couldn't make it to San Diego was because he spent his money and received NOTHING.

The reason that I had totally given up on this print was because I honestly expected NOTHING.

There's been a spot on my wall since the NY con that's been occupied by NOTHING.

To me, NOTHING was the bad part. Three months of nothing. I'm tired of "nothing".

What these prints represent to me is SOMETHING.

I'm happy to replace all those "nothings" with something...
even a late something.

Having nothing means that it's still bad news.
Having something means the bad news has ended.
The moment Brian got the lithos, it's been good news ever since.

It bothers me that John was embarrassed in NYC, it bothers me a lot. I run my own business and just getting to the show is difficult, and when I saw the level of preparation that John had put into preparing for con I was incredibly impressed, amazed, and thankful the he did this on his own time. I think that Greg was probably a little embarassed too when people came up to the table looking for the litho that was advertized, since it is his board after all, and as a matter of fact, as a board member I was a little embarrassed too. I think a lot of us, and this is why Frank is so upset, have a large personal investment here at this messageboard, and so, when a member doesn't follow through, or downright lies to other members we tend to get pretty indignant about it. Also, the song and dance about the lost luggage at the con obviously was a bunch of BS, and we who were there all got it first hand, but it wasn't like we had any choice but to say "wow, that really sucks".

Anyway, I still want the print. I don't feel that the fact that a boardmember who has turned to the "dark side" so to say in general opinion here facilitated the printing for Kc should be held against Kc and what he is trying to do, that's all. Plus, the litho is really sweet.

Again, the negativity that has surrounded this piece could be turned around and become a positive asset for the boardmembers if done correctly. I think Chris (Kc) should really be commended, he showed up with stuff to give us for free to commemerate the experience, I got nothin to complain about, I just showed up and had a good time.

When I look at the print, it will remind me of the great time I had in NYC with a great bunch of guys, that's what I want to remember, that's what we all should try and remember.
I am selling "nothing" on ebay-yet.

Zero

Post by Zero »

tcolli wrote:
Zero wrote:

I would guess this will be handled similar to the signed Unity 0s he sold from last year's SD con? They were not #d were they?

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

Heroes don't set up disasters so they can come in and save the day. Villains to that.

Why validate someone's delusion of grandeur? I'd rather square up KC's, Svair's, and anyone else that go scewed by FT, accounts than allow FT to gloat how he "saved the day".

Here's some math I presented in chat last night:

$70+ on gasoline to and from Vegas to SD

$$ to get into the show

$$ for parking in SD

$60 for 1 night in a Motel 6 (optional)

Why not just mail the cursed things?!?!?! :|

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

Unblessed wrote:Heroes don't set up disasters so they can come in and save the day. Villains to that.

Why validate someone's delusion of grandeur? I'd rather square up KC's, Svair's, and anyone else that go scewed by FT, accounts than allow FT to gloat how he "saved the day".

$$ to get into the show

$$ for parking in SD

Because he wasn't there only to drop off the lithos. He was there for more of his smoke blowing, I'm sure.
ASM Crossover Home

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Unblessed wrote:Heroes don't set up disasters so they can come in and save the day. Villains to that.

$$ to get into the show

$$ for parking in SD

Cause that would make to much sense.

cinlach@aol.com
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
Valiant fan since: From the beginning...
Favorite character: Wow, who can pick just one?
Favorite writer: FVL FTW!

Post by cinlach@aol.com »

let's be perfectly clear...it's going to take a helluva lot more then the magical appearance of the NYC litho's to erase the damage that justin has caused. his name is now, in my mind, forever linked with lies, misrepresentations, and deceit.

as far as i'm concerned justin can pull prints out of his *SQUEE* from now until doomsday but until each and every one of us who ended up getting bilked by him has been reimbursed to their satisfaction this is FAR from a closed issue.

i'll get the print to help support kc and svair...period. others have said they'll buy the print but don't wish to receive it, and that's fine with me as well. i think that we as a community will do what we can in our own ways to make this turn out to be a victory snatched from the jaws of defeat.

this episode in no way, shape, or form reflects negatively on kc or svair. kc and svair did nothing wrong...all they was to trust someone to be true to their word, just like i and like many others among us did as well. i want to see good come out of this and this print represents the potential for good from bad.

i'm in no way forgetting about what's owed me and i'm sure as hell not forgiving it. this entire situation is unforgivable. there's never a valid excuse for defrauding and taking advantage of people who consider you to be their friend.

i'll agree with greg, this is a step...but it's gonna take a lot more steps then that to cover the amount of distance justin has decided to put between himself and the rest of the community.

steps are great...but there needs to be a ton more made. i'm not going to get all excited because 1 of 25 things has finally been done, especially considering that the magnus/nexus books STILL aren't where they're supposed to be...another lie to add to the pile.
WWSLJD, MF?

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

wrunow wrote:When I look at the print, it will remind me of the great time I had in NYC with a great bunch of guys, that's what I want to remember, that's what we all should try and remember.
Well said. :thumb:

But justin took so much from me. From all of us. And looking at THAT print would remind me of all that he took.

wrunow
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: They killed her off!
Favorite artist: Nord

Post by wrunow »

$$ to get into the show

$$ for parking in SD

I think he was going to the con, he had the prints in his possession so he brought them along. The guy is a BS'er, so do you really think he would miss an opportunity to talk to comic pro's and fans about his supposed Golden Age find or whatever his latest story is.

I don't get the impression that the guy is a hero in any way. The prints were useless to Brian because they didn't belong to him and didn't have the authority to do anything with them as far as I know.

The SD show is so huge I don't think it would be too hard to avoid any boardmembers he knows if he would want to. Maybe he felt bad, maybe he wants redemption, I don't know and I don't care what his motives are, really, that's between him and KC.

I don't view the guy as a hero, I view the guy as someone I really don't know that well that I hung out in NYC for a few days with who through a lot of BS my way, true or untrue, whatever. If he made an *SQUEE* out of himself and broke his word to boardmembers, what can you do but chalk it up to experience and write the guy off. He certainly didn't save anyones day, that would have had to happen in NYC.

I really don't associate the litho with him, I associate it with Layton/Kc_Collectables and think we have a responsibility to respect what these guys have done and invested in time, money, and their good will.

I really don't give a flying *SQUEE* what Justin's intentions were, I am just glad that Chris got his lithos and he can move forward with what he has. I understand he would rather have the money, and I don't blame him, but, in reality, he doesn't, and he has to work with the assets he has, as we all do.

Mark
I am selling "nothing" on ebay-yet.

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

cinlach@aol.com wrote:this episode in no way, shape, or form reflects negatively on kc or svair. kc and svair did nothing wrong...all they was to trust someone to be true to their word, just like i and like many others among us did as well. i want to see good come out of this and this print represents the potential for good from bad.
John and Chris are two of the best friends I have on this site and I'll do what ever, if not all, I can to help turn this into a positive situation.

cinlach@aol.com
Valiant fan since: From the beginning...
Favorite character: Wow, who can pick just one?
Favorite writer: FVL FTW!

Post by cinlach@aol.com »

jedimarley wrote:
cinlach@aol.com wrote:this episode in no way, shape, or form reflects negatively on kc or svair. kc and svair did nothing wrong...all they was to trust someone to be true to their word, just like i and like many others among us did as well. i want to see good come out of this and this print represents the potential for good from bad.
John and Chris are two of the best friends I have on this site and I'll do what ever, if not all, I can to help turn this into a positive situation.
word to your mutha!

we represent.
WWSLJD, MF?

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

400yrs wrote: God this is ridiculous that he won't answer anything here anymore. :roll:
I have always answered all legitimate questions that were pm'd to me. I simply do not have the time to read every post.

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

jedimarley wrote:
wrunow wrote:When I look at the print, it will remind me of the great time I had in NYC with a great bunch of guys, that's what I want to remember, that's what we all should try and remember.

But justin took so much from me. From all of us. And looking at THAT print would remind me of all that he took.
Wrunow, some of the members of this board had FT over for dinner, they let him sleep in their houses, and some even gave him upwards of 60 books (like 60 Unity 1 Platinums for example) to get signed.

So the hurt, angst, pain, and lies mean much more than a weekend with the guys to some people.

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Unblessed wrote:
jedimarley wrote:

Wrunow, some of the members of this board had FT over for dinner, they let him sleep in their houses, and some even gave him upwards of 60 books (like 60 Unity 1 Platinums for example) to get signed.

So the hurt, angst, pain, and lies mean much more than a weekend with the guys to some people.
Yep. :|

stone384
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by stone384 »

Big as the con is, it is not a guarentee that you will be able to avoid everyone. Ask knight. The only thing seperating the 2 was the gap between escalators and if it wasn't a 2 story drop he might have made the leap to get his hands around...er...speak with justin. I respect slym (and all the others) opinion, but it seems that if you don't want one of these JUST because of justin's involment then this poison continues to spread and even though he is done with this project WE are allowing him to still have an effect.
Just my 2 cents
Matt

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

stone384 wrote:Big as the con is, it is not a guarentee that you will be able to avoid everyone. Ask knight. The only thing seperating the 2 was the gap between escalators and if it wasn't a 2 story drop he might have made the leap to get his hands around...er...speak with justin.
Matt
Man, I'm getting a weird mental image of that in my head.