Rubiks-Q-Bert
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
Favorite character: Master Darque
Favor to ask of people going to SDCC

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

I want the lego guy from this! I'm a big lego junkie. :P
Friday - Room 25ABC

3:00-4:00 Warner Archive Collection: Shazam!— Join ever-informed, fancentric WAC Podcast hosts George Feltenstein, Matthew Patterson, and DW Ferranti as they give fans a look at the upcoming DVD release of the popular 1970s series Shazam! The series’ own Billy Batson, Michael Gray, will be on hand, and an exclusive, limited-edition Shazam! LEGO figure will be awarded to a lucky number of fans in attendance. WAC panelists will also offer sneak peeks of Gene Roddenberry’s “other” TV series, The Lieutenant, and some highlights of WAC’s wildly entertaining upcoming slate of releases. And don’t be surprised if a few unannounced guests appear with the bold shout of a single word!
If more than one person is willing to get one for me I would appreciate it. More the merrier. I will pay a small fee to anyone who is able to get their hands on one. Any other Lego freebies too. Lego seems to be the new drug for me.

tevans333
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Re: Favor to ask of people going to SDCC

Post by tevans333 »

Hey wait a minute, this was my idea and I asked first in the other thread facepalm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37327&p=798563#p798563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At any rate, if two people are able and willing, can you get us each one? My offer from the other thread still stands, I will offer up a XO/Harby flip book for your time and efforts :D

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino

Post by JonesyAZ »

I am willing to go to this panel and attempt to get one or two gents :) Rubiks asked me first in a PM however, so he does get first dibs :)
The "Unity Suite" ... in progress ...

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

tevans333 wrote:Hey wait a minute, this was my idea and I asked first in the other thread facepalm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37327&p=798563#p798563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At any rate, if two people are able and willing, can you get us each one? My offer from the other thread still stands, I will offer up a XO/Harby flip book for your time and efforts :D
Sure did! I just capitalized on it. Made me laugh just now. Sound like a kid. But I had it first! :P No offense. Just sounded funny.

I imagine there's enough people going to both get at least 1.

tevans333

Post by tevans333 »

JonesyAZ wrote:I am willing to go to this panel and attempt to get one or two gents :) Rubiks asked me first in a PM however, so he does get first dibs :)
Thanks I appreciate it! If anyone else is able, please try as well in case they are limited to 1 per person :D

tevans333

Post by tevans333 »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
tevans333 wrote:Hey wait a minute, this was my idea and I asked first in the other thread facepalm

Sure did! I just capitalized on it. Made me laugh just now. Sound like a kid. But I had it first! :P No offense. Just sounded funny.

No worries, just not how we conduct ourselves in these parts. Especially asking for as many as you can get knowing well that others want some too.

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

tevans333 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:

No worries, just not how we conduct ourselves in these parts. Especially asking for as many as you can get knowing well that others want some too.
Oy....

On top of your "it was my idea first" you are now criticizing me because I don't have the same moral ethics as you? You need a ladder to get off that horse of yours?

6 years ago I would have just ignored your last statement all together but I've said it before and because you're newer I will say it again. I'm not as nice as I used to be. I'm not going to cut anyone's head off but if you make a statement I perceive as a slight towards myself, I will retort.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
tevans333 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:

Oy....

On top of your "it was my idea first" you are now criticizing me because I don't have the same moral ethics as you? You need a ladder to get off that horse of yours?

6 years ago I would have just ignored your last statement all together but I've said it before and because you're newer I will say it again. I'm not as nice as I used to be. I'm not going to cut anyone's head off but if you make a statement I perceive as a slight towards myself, I will retort.
Just cite seniority and you are good, RQB.

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Chiclo wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
tevans333 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:

Oy....

Just cite seniority and you are good, RQB.
Nah. I'd hate if someone did that to me.

I just don't get the hostility. I made a separate thread rather than derailing the other one more as it should have been done in the first place.

I'm sure some people look at me and think I am a prick but whatever. Check your reflection on occasion.

On that note, (been holding this in) one of the rudest things you can do (in my opinion) is not reply to a PM from someone. You don't like me, I hurt your precious ego, whaterver. Say no, *SQUEE* off, not interested, all of the above, something. If you think I am a prick and you ignore messages with no explanation, long walk, short pier.

Edit: To many words are :censored: on here....

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Look at that. I derailed my own thread. :mad:

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

JonesyAZ wrote:I am willing to go to this panel and attempt to get one or two gents :) Rubiks asked me first in a PM however, so he does get first dibs :)
Something to think about. I think this is the same time, or right around the Valiant panel. I'm thinking you will want to be at that one.

Not trying to squash the dreams of our boys here, just dropping some knowledge.

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Elveen wrote:
Something to think about. I think this is the same time, or right around the Valiant panel. I'm thinking you will want to be at that one.

VF is 4 oclock so directly after.

tevans333

Post by tevans333 »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
tevans333 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:

Oy....

No hostility man, just in a bad mood. Now that I've had a few brews I'm feelin much better :thumb:

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

tevans333 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
tevans333 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:

Oy....

No hostility man, just in a bad mood. Now that I've had a few brews I'm feelin much better :thumb:
Amazing what booze will do to a person.

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
tevans333 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
tevans333 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:

Oy....

I only beat my wife when I'm sober. :?

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
Elveen wrote:

VF is 4 oclock so directly after.
Lines. Comic Con. Distance. It's a thing. Be mindful of that.

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

Blood of Heroes wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
tevans333 wrote:No hostility man, just in a bad mood. Now that I've had a few brews I'm feelin much better :thumb:
Holy sh!t, I almost fell out of my f*cking chair and got fired from my job laughing so hard!
How would you like that as a custom?
***Support your local farmers!***

Blood of Heroes

Post by Blood of Heroes »

geocarr wrote:
Blood of Heroes wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
tevans333 wrote:No hostility man, just in a bad mood. Now that I've had a few brews I'm feelin much better :thumb:
Holy sh!t, I almost fell out of my f*cking chair and got fired from my job laughing so hard!
How would you like that as a custom?
:lol:

That would make an excellent custom! :thumb:

JohnnyRnR
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by JohnnyRnR »

Well now that toes have officially been stepped on and then worked out, in the unlikely event that both previous requests are accomodated, I would happily buy any leftovers (at reasonable prices). And if the previous two gentlemen don't know, Lego just nuked us. There are three other mini figure exclusives. Phoenix, Venom, and (I NEED) Bizarro! Also a Bilbo you can go to the Lego booth to get the first piece of and a map to the other pieces.

Also, dudes at the show, if you get your badge scanned at the Lego booth, apparently that enters you into a drawing for the figs. So please fill our empty souls with plastic delights.

And to the two other brick junkies, did either of you get any extra Lex Luthor in power suit minifigs? I need one or two. Wouldn't mind apromo Hulk either.

And yes RQB, I jumped in on your thread, but it seems to have the most attention in this topic, and I do only seek to be accomodated if you guys are first. Figured we didn't need a third thread on the subject.

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

JohnnyRnR wrote:And yes RQB, I jumped in on your thread, but it seems to have the most attention in this topic, and I do only seek to be accomodated if you guys are first. Figured we didn't need a third thread on the subject.
Do your thing! :thumb:

JohnnyRnR
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by JohnnyRnR »

:thumb: Will do.

Also, I apparently gave some misinformation. Today the Lego promo fig is only the Bilbo scavenger hunt. Tomorrow is the day to get your badge scanned to enter the drawing for the hero figs. And apparently there is a $40 Darth Maul exclusive set at the booth.

iccarus
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by iccarus »

If I may, I'll toss out my wishes to get these figs as well. The LEGO Super Heroes line has been a big hit in the house and I know these will be must-haves if they are never released in retail sets. I really hope wave 2 includes at least a copy of Green Lantern. I'm still ticked the only version of him so far is a promo.

If anyone gets extras above what's already been requested, I'm happy to buy/trade for them. Particular emphasis on Venom/Bizarro/Phoenix, in that order.

JohnnyRnR
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by JohnnyRnR »

Apparently the Warner booth is giving out the Bizarro figure if anyone is near there! I believe it's 4545.

Correction: apparently you need some ticket from the Lego booth first.

JohnnyRnR
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by JohnnyRnR »

While all of the Valiant Lego nuts are in one place, does anyone else collect the blind bagged minifigures? I still need a few from Series 1, one from Series 3, and three from Series 7 (plus a full set of the UK olympic team if anyone has a hookup). Anyone want to trade?

iccarus

Post by iccarus »

JohnnyRnR wrote:While all of the Valiant Lego nuts are in one place, does anyone else collect the blind bagged minifigures? I still need a few from Series 1, one from Series 3, and three from Series 7 (plus a full set of the UK olympic team if anyone has a hookup). Anyone want to trade?
Wish I could help, but I have not touched the CMF line at all. If you PM me a list of what you're looking for, I can ask around the next time our LUG meets in August. I know a few members collect CMFs.

Or, quite a few people trade figs at http://www.bricksetforum.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You might be able to get the UK Olympic figs there as well.