Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham
Tampa Bay Comic Con - Clayton Crain, Bob Layton, Walking Dea

Post by 400yrs »

Day one is done. Next year, this con is going to be at the convention center and it needs to be. There are alot of people there. Lots of guests this time as well - Jenny Frison, Bob Layton, Clayton Crain, Clay Mann, Joe Jusko, Arthur Suydam, and two TWD actors - Maggie and her sister.

I'll be picking up a Bloodshot sketch from Clayton Crain tomorrow. Excited about that. Frison was full, but she signed my Revival issues.

I still need to re-work my other gallery section to reference where I moved things to in Photo Bucket and add the stuff from Megacon, including an awesome Invincible and Atom Eve piece by Agnes Garbowska.
ASM Crossover Home

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Re: Tampa Bay Comic Con - Clayton Crain, Bob Layton, Walking

Post by depluto »

Hell yeah, look forward to the report. Take any pics?

Zero
I discovered platinum in Indiana.
I discovered platinum in Indiana.

Post by Zero »

Very nice! :thumb:

I'm going to get a Crain Shadowman sketch one of these days... :)

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

If you get a chance, chat with Arthur Suydam. He is the most interesting man in comics. He is a professional musician and some sort of martial arts instructor.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Chiclo wrote:If you get a chance, chat with Arthur Suydam. He is the most interesting man in comics. He is a professional musician and some sort of martial arts instructor.
I saw him at Megacon and got in line to get an autograph (just one). Some dude in front of me dropped 75 books on the table and he told him. "Great, now pick out four you want signed." Very cool dude.

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

They put Suydam in the most crowded spot at the con. Impossible to get to him.

This thing was a mess today. The two TWD sisters were there and it was a complete mass of humanity in a hotel con. It was nuts, so I just picked up my sketch, bought a few Thor / JiM issues (including a low grade #85 - 1st Loki :banana: ), took a few pictures of the artists and got the hell out of there. There were so many people in the hallways, that the AC wasn't doing a damn thing in there. It was hot and con-stinky at some points.. Imagine having to bump and grind to get through a hallway at a comic con..... That's what was going on. They stopped letting people in after a while, but hell, the fire marshall would've still shut them down.

Clayton Crain's Evolution sketch book is amazing. If you get a chance to pick it up, it's well worth the $20 (and I usually find sketchbooks to be bland). I wish I would've known that he worked on VH2 Shadowman. I would've taken some of that for him to sign
ASM Crossover Home

BloodOfHeroes
We clutch at lies 'n pray they’re truths
We clutch at lies 'n pray they’re truths
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by BloodOfHeroes »

So *you're* the one who got that Crain Bloodshot. Dang--that was so sweet, I had to snap a pic of it from behind the fans. Congratulations!

I had him sign some Bloodshot & Harbinger Wars stuff, as well as VH-2 Shadowman. He even spoke civilly, if not fondly, of those days. nothing but praise for Fabian and Warren. I had heard he used to deny being "Klayton Krain," but he was gracious and engaging.

It was great to finally meet Bob Layton, too. He was everything I could have hoped for and more.

But that place was wicked overcrowded. If they don't do it right next time, I'll certainly be staying home.

Congrats again!

BOH

caniac
the hole just keeps getting deeper
the hole just keeps getting deeper
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti

Post by caniac »

I've never been to a comic con...going to the NC one this year for sure.

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

BloodOfHeroes wrote:So *you're* the one who got that Crain Bloodshot. Dang--that was so sweet, I had to snap a pic of it from behind the fans. Congratulations!
Thanks! I'll get a scan up eventually. You must've seen the Carnage he did as well then. That was sick. If I ever got him to do another sketch, I'd go for something super colorful. Maybe Flamingo or something. His paints really pop with colors.

BloodOfHeroes wrote:But that place was wicked overcrowded. If they don't do it right next time, I'll certainly be staying home.
Yes, it was. In fact, they've already moved the August show to the Convention center. If you go to the next con, let me know so we can meet up.

I'm seriously considering going to the Orlando Comic Expo in May since both Nord and Hall are gonig to be there. I'd like to get companion pieces to the sketches I've gotten from them in the past.
ASM Crossover Home