Wonder Con 2015

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)
Re: Wonder Con 2015

Post by jeremycoe »

Elveen wrote:I talked to some Comic con employees, the LA move is most likely a one year move.
They love anahiem, but they are doing some work on the convention center, maybe another massive parking structure.

The dude also mentioned that SDCC might be moving to anahiem if San D does not get it's act together.
They could call it the San Diego Comic-Con of Anaheim :D
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

Bone-A-Fach-ee
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: '92
Favorite character: Tony Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

Wow, I'm happy about the LA Convention center news. Much easier for me to get to personally. However, I don't think the layout of the center is as good as Anaheim. Panels are very far away from the main floor, and not sure that the LA center is actually big enough for the volume of WonderCon.
Hopefully I'm wrong, but either way, I'll be there. I'll take the train! No parking debacle for me!
and there is absolutely NO WAY that the LA Convention center can host SDCC. Too small, not enough parking, would be massive traffic problems and more. Unless they used the Staples Center right next door too....?

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:Wow, I'm happy about the LA Convention center news. Much easier for me to get to personally. However, I don't think the layout of the center is as good as Anaheim. Panels are very far away from the main floor, and not sure that the LA center is actually big enough for the volume of WonderCon.
Hopefully I'm wrong, but either way, I'll be there. I'll take the train! No parking debacle for me!
and there is absolutely NO WAY that the LA Convention center can host SDCC. Too small, not enough parking, would be massive traffic problems and more. Unless they used the Staples Center right next door too....?
What you said, and Elveen. Yes this will be one year only. L.A. can not hold it, too small. Anaheim could do both cons by putting them a bit further apart on the schedule. NY and Chicago have two. But again this is still a years away issue.

Jace
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite artist: Clay Mann

Post by Jace »

I felt the show was about the same size as last year, but a bit of a different make-up. DC wasn't there and I am sure this was due to the move currently taking place. SO for that reason it felt like their were a few less big names. For sure this applied to artist alley. Not quite as many known creators as last year. Also even though they opened another section it still felt a bit crowded in the aisles, so it was a great turn out for sure. Maybe more retailers than last year, seemed like there was more small press than last year also.

As far as SD goes I just can't imagine the city letting SDCC go somewhere else, not when it generated $180 million last year for the city. I think they will let the Chargers leave before they let the con go.

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

i would be interested in sdcc splitting into two shows. the comic con and a pop culture con.

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

jeremycoe wrote:
Elveen wrote:I talked to some Comic con employees, the LA move is most likely a one year move.
They love anahiem, but they are doing some work on the convention center, maybe another massive parking structure.

The dude also mentioned that SDCC might be moving to anahiem if San D does not get it's act together.
They could call it the San Diego Comic-Con of Anaheim :D
:lol:

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Blood of Heroes wrote:You really think they'd have both conventions at the same place, a couple months apart from eachother?
Maybe. Just saying what the dude told us.
I can't see it leaving SD, but that is what he said.

chriskay99
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Location: The surrounding metropolitan area of Los Angeles, CA

Post by chriskay99 »

Fun but exhausting show. The first and probably last time I'll ever cosplay for a show. I feel like there's a line between cosplayers and comic book fans and I'd rather be w comic book fan that gets sketches and autographs. I got signatures from Epting, Remender & Brubaker which was my maingial for the show. Remender seemed to really enjoy the Black Science costume that I made, so at least he got something out of it. It was just too clunky and hot to really enjoy the show and do all that I wanted to do.

I was only able to go on Saturday which was of course the busiest day. Seems like it's giften busier every year too. Looking forward to it being in LA next year but I wonder how long they're going to keep bouncing it around.
Black Science. Lazarus. Birthright. Saga. Manifest Destiny. Deadly Class.