Dallas Fan Expo

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Dallas Fan Expo

Post by tchalla8 »

I need some guidance from someone/anyone who has attended Dallas Fan Expo before. This is my first time, so I'm not familiar with the scene.

I was planning to make the trip for Saturday specifically because I wanted to try and get Jeff Goldblum's autograph. That's really the main reason I'm coming. But I unexpectedly have an unusual predicament. A family friend recently passed away and his memorial service was scheduled for 2:00 on the same Saturday, the 7th. Here's my questions. I'm trying to decide if its still possible for me to attend Fan Expo Saturday morning and get the signature I'm looking for.

Jeff Goldblum's first signing is scheduled for 11:45. I would need to get leave for the memorial service probably by 12:45 or 1:00 at the latest. For those of you who have been before and know the crowds...is it possible for me to get in and out of there with his signature by 12:45? Or am I crazy for even trying? What are some potential obstacles to making this happen?

Things I'm not certain of:

How long does it take to get everyone in the building once they open the doors at 10:00?

Do they have VIP lines for autographs that take precedent over the general public?

Looking for any thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks!
Spooooon!!!!