Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Magnus Robot Fighter
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Jim Calafiore
Mighty Con at New Orleans

Post by tarheelmarine »

Mighty Con was held here in New Orleans this weekend. Jim Shooter was here and I got him to sign the Alpha and Omega and 2d Death TPBs. I had the Dark Horse Magnus series he wrote and a GI Joe issue when he was the EIC at Marvel signed as well. Very friendly, and got a story about the NAM comic getting started at Marvel. He had a Valiant Magnus foldout and Valiant Solar ad I had not seen before, so it was neat to see some V1 advertisements

I finally got to hold a Bloodshot 0 Platinum. Geek Inc has a CBCS 9.4 of the issue and it was on sale. From a distance I saw it, but said to myself, that can't be what I think it is. As I got closer I saw the price tag, $220, and said that can't be right...sure enough there was an extra 0 (boo!). I picked it up and looked it over, wow! Found out that Geeks Inc, picked up the issue for $5 in Indiana. If anyone is interested in a CBCS 9.4 for $2200, then Geek Inc has one. They also had some nice raw, EW 0 Flat/Embossed gold issues and A&A 0 Golds as well.

I did strike well in the 50 cents bin, pulling a V2 Shadowman 17/18 and some other V2 issues. I hope this convention comes back next year.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Re: Mighty Con at New Orleans

Post by depluto »

That sounds like a good con. Every time I have seen Shooter at a convention he is telling stories the entire time he signs, and there are usually a few guys who bring him grocery bags full of comics to sign. He doesn't bat an eye, just starts signing and keeps telling stories.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

tarheelmarine wrote:I finally got to hold a Bloodshot 0 Platinum. Geek Inc has a CBCS 9.4 of the issue and it was on sale. ... Found out that Geeks Inc, picked up the issue for $5 in Indiana. If anyone is interested in a CBCS 9.4 for $2200, then Geek Inc has one.
The first known copy was discovered in Indiana, too. It's not clear how these got sent out, but Sparta, Illinois, is somewhat nearby. Pretty much everything printed was printed in Sparta.

tarheelmarine

Post by tarheelmarine »

greg wrote:
tarheelmarine wrote:I finally got to hold a Bloodshot 0 Platinum. Geek Inc has a CBCS 9.4 of the issue and it was on sale. ... Found out that Geeks Inc, picked up the issue for $5 in Indiana. If anyone is interested in a CBCS 9.4 for $2200, then Geek Inc has one.
The first known copy was discovered in Indiana, too. It's not clear how these got sent out, but Sparta, Illinois, is somewhat nearby. Pretty much everything printed was printed in Sparta.
Maybe I'll have to start diving in bins in both of those states to find one. What's the count on these now? Five confirmed issues?

tarheelmarine

Post by tarheelmarine »

depluto wrote:That sounds like a good con. Every time I have seen Shooter at a convention he is telling stories the entire time he signs, and there are usually a few guys who bring him grocery bags full of comics to sign. He doesn't bat an eye, just starts signing and keeps telling stories.
:thumb:

greg
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

tarheelmarine wrote:
greg wrote:
Maybe I'll have to start diving in bins in both of those states to find one. What's the count on these now? Five confirmed issues?
About 25 confirmed copies of Bloodshot 0 Platinum.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

tarheelmarine wrote:Mighty Con was held here in New Orleans this weekend. Jim Shooter was here and I got him to sign the Alpha and Omega and 2d Death TPBs. I had the Dark Horse Magnus series he wrote and a GI Joe issue when he was the EIC at Marvel signed as well. Very friendly, and got a story about the NAM comic getting started at Marvel. He had a Valiant Magnus foldout and Valiant Solar ad I had not seen before, so it was neat to see some V1 advertisements

I finally got to hold a Bloodshot 0 Platinum. Geek Inc has a CBCS 9.4 of the issue and it was on sale. From a distance I saw it, but said to myself, that can't be what I think it is. As I got closer I saw the price tag, $220, and said that can't be right...sure enough there was an extra 0 (boo!). I picked it up and looked it over, wow! Found out that Geeks Inc, picked up the issue for $5 in Indiana. If anyone is interested in a CBCS 9.4 for $2200, then Geek Inc has one. They also had some nice raw, EW 0 Flat/Embossed gold issues and A&A 0 Golds as well.

I did strike well in the 50 cents bin, pulling a V2 Shadowman 17/18 and some other V2 issues. I hope this convention comes back next year.

tarheelmarine

Post by tarheelmarine »

Anyone in Louisiana going to Mighty Con in New Orleans this weekend?

Mike Decarlo from V1 Secret Weapons, Rodney Ramos from V1 Hard Corps, and Rags Morales will be there.