Wizard World Chicago...7 days away.......Who's Comin'????

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

I guess I'll never have much need to go back to Wizard World Chicago again since all these guys with dealer passes are able to pillage through all the other dealer's stock and make sure there are no good deals to be found on Valiants for when the doors open to the general public. What's the point? Sure, it might be sour grapes on my part, but if there are no deals to be found then there's no incentive for me as a Valiant fan to go.

xoken
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by xoken »

Brother J wrote:I guess I'll never have much need to go back to Wizard World Chicago again since all these guys with dealer passes are able to pillage through all the other dealer's stock and make sure there are no good deals to be found on Valiants for when the doors open to the general public. What's the point? Sure, it might be sour grapes on my part, but if there are no deals to be found then there's no incentive for me as a Valiant fan to go.
But don't you want to be overcharged by Wizard and then beaten down by the Marvel PR machine????

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

Some good Valiant interest today. Sold a small stack of golds and last/late issues. A few to a couple new board members. Still nothing like the interest I had in Boston a few weeks ago. But it's early.

More oogling at my CGCs. Lots of peepers at the H0 pink 9.8 and 9.6s.

Good show so far - I want to sell Golden age, and that's what I'm doing most of.

Mr.V
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by Mr.V »

As CKB said, interest is there, but I think it will take some time before books start flyin off of dealers displays :P . Various (non-Valiant/Acclaim) notable sales include the following(all raw):

GI Joe 152 $20
153 $30
Special 1 $175

Werewolf by Night 32 $100

Marvel Spotlight Presents 5 $150

X-Men 3 $150

Miracleman TPB Vol.1 $40

New Teen Titans 2 $20

Tales to Astonish 36 $475

ASM 300 $80
238 $60

Too many others to list and I'm beat :P

My "purchase post" will have to wait until tomorrow.

More later on.

Mr.V
"Its only a movie"