More details please on Good Bad and Ugly find

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Christopher Martin
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
More details please on Good Bad and Ugly find

Post by Christopher Martin »

Very nice work on finding the Shadowman variant. I am hungry for details about this. Was it just sitting with the Shadowman back issues? How much was it? Did you guys fight over it? Did you play it cool and keep a good poker face when you bought it? What was going through your mind? I would have bought it with a stack of other comics in order to not draw attention to it.

Mr.V
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Re: More details please on Good Bad and Ugly find

Post by Mr.V »

Christopher Martin wrote:...I would have bought it with a stack of other comics in order to not draw attention to it.
That's EXACTLY what I did.........TWICE!!! :D

Mr.V
"Its only a movie"

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

I came across my copy of the "Good, Bad and the Ugly" at Wizard World Chicago 2003 in a box with the other Shadowman Vol. 3 issues this seller had. In fact, he didn't have a regular edition #2, so I didn't realize at first I had a variant until I got back and looked at Greg's site.

I sold my copy before the price on this book went through the roof, so needless to say, I wish I still had my copy! :!:

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends
Re: More details please on Good Bad and Ugly find

Post by justin »

Christopher Martin wrote:Very nice work on finding the Shadowman variant. I am hungry for details about this. Was it just sitting with the Shadowman back issues? How much was it? Did you guys fight over it? Did you play it cool and keep a good poker face when you bought it? What was going through your mind? I would have bought it with a stack of other comics in order to not draw attention to it.
No fighting over it what so ever. Greg found it in the box, handed it to Chris and then Chris handed it to me as he knew I was looking for one. No biggie, if I had a copy of it and I found it, I would have done the exact same thing. When we found books of noting, we promptly said, "Hey, I found last issue of Bloodshot, want it?" Those types of things were said, very civil!
Christopher Martin wrote:I would have bought it with a stack of other comics in order to not draw attention to it.

We are not looking to flip our books, so this was not even an option! :roll:

-j
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Brother J wrote:I came across my copy of the "Good, Bad and the Ugly" at Wizard World Chicago 2003 in a box with the other Shadowman Vol. 3 issues this seller had. In fact, he didn't have a regular edition #2, so I didn't realize at first I had a variant until I got back and looked at Greg's site.

I sold my copy before the price on this book went through the roof, so needless to say, I wish I still had my copy! :!:

Ouch, as low as the print run is it might be a while before you find another one.

Christopher Martin

Post by Christopher Martin »

You guys are real gentlemen. Congratulations on some great finds!

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

i think they're lying...whoever got it probably drugged the others...or maybe hypnotized them...maybe a jedi mind trick, "this is not the rare variant you are looking for"...

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

dave wrote:i think they're lying...whoever got it probably drugged the others...or maybe hypnotized them...maybe a jedi mind trick, "this is not the rare variant you are looking for"...
Nah, I took one look at it, realized it was a 9.6 (or worse... *shudder*)
and handed it to the next guy.
(Luckily I spent that 50cents on a Dr Pepper, so I still think got the better deal.)

:thumb:

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

greg wrote:
dave wrote:i think they're lying...whoever got it probably drugged the others...or maybe hypnotized them...maybe a jedi mind trick, "this is not the rare variant you are looking for"...
(Luckily I spent that 50cents on a Dr Pepper, so I still think got the better deal.)

Not quite how I heard it at SDCC........but it's real close :wink:

There were at least 2 of them in SD that weekend because Greg looked mine over also. Which I desided NOT to submit to CGC afterall.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

greg wrote:

..... :funnypost:

Greg, I might as well call you butter, because you are on a ROLL today!

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.