Big Apple Con NYC - Report

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

svair
HEY ALL...I'M NEW TO THE SITE AND HAVE KEPT LOW PROFILE
Valiant fan since: inception
Big Apple Con NYC - Report

Post by svair »

Not to many Valiant books at the show....

Maybe 200-300 total between all dealers.

Following items purchased for $25.00

1 Copy Shadowman Vol. 3 Number 2 variant (good,Bad,Ugly)..
N/M-M

2 copies Valiant Heroes Special (1 N/M-M, 1 V/F-N/M)

Crisis on Infinite earths set V/F-N/M

going back tmrw for sketch's...

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Re: Big Apple Con NYC - Report

Post by betterthanezra »

svair wrote:Not to many Valiant books at the show....

Maybe 200-300 total between all dealers.

Following items purchased for $25.00

1 Copy Shadowman Vol. 3 Number 2 variant (good,Bad,Ugly)..
N/M-M

2 copies Valiant Heroes Special (1 N/M-M, 1 V/F-N/M)

Crisis on Infinite earths set V/F-N/M

going back tmrw for sketch's...
MAN :o

Nice score......... :thumb:

please send them to........ :wink:

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

childres
The more you post, the more you want to.
The more you post, the more you want to.

Post by childres »

Great deal svair!

svair

Post by svair »

Met up with fellow boardmember Pete Cole at the con...

great guy...

Pete did you find anything interesting?

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

If I had known you were going to the show John, we could have met up! I was at the show from 2:30 to about 5 on Saturday afternoon. Didn't really see any good Valiant stuff (certainly not the crazy nice items you found!!) but I did pick up a Solar 2 for a buck, and XO 2, 4 and 5 for $2.50 each, nice NM copies.

Over in NeatStuff's corner, they had a bunch of Valiants with crazy prices, such as the Rai blue tpb with $50 price tag, pre-unity Solars and Magnus issues with $8-15 price tags, last issues with $15 price tags, Magnus 25 VVSS $25, Rai 9 VVSS $25, etc., etc. The guy says ignore the sticker, make an offer. I didn't bother. I'm not going to pay even half of what the stickers say, so why even bother pulling them out and asking?
:hm:

svair

Post by svair »

Hey Bill...

thought you were skipping this one and going to the Nationals?...

anyway I put out 100 flyers for the ValiantFans.com reunion next year....

50 each day...

all were gone sunday afternoon about 7.....

so we are expecting a big turnout!...

mrwoogieman

Post by mrwoogieman »

Yeah, that was the plan until my friend's convinced me to come in for lunch on Saturday, then it was a foregone conclusion that I'd be hitting the show afterwards...
:hm:

Escaflown4
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by Escaflown4 »

I was at this show too and the Valiants I saw there were literally marked through the roof. The only Valiants I bought were 3 copies of Solar #1 which looks like it can get 9.8's for $5 each. Other then that, I stayed away from them. Btw Svair, nice score on that Shadowman copy. Which vendor did you get it from? I saw someone asking for Valiants, but wasn't sure if he's a member of the board. He saw the prices on them and literally just put them back in the box. :lol: Anyways I'll definitely be up to meeting you guys at the Nationals. Hopefully there'll be better deals compared to this show.

shadowmite
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by shadowmite »

Escaflown4 wrote:I was at this show too and the Valiants I saw there were literally marked through the roof. The only Valiants I bought were 3 copies of Solar #1 which looks like it can get 9.8's for $5 each. Other then that, I stayed away from them. Btw Svair, nice score on that Shadowman copy. Which vendor did you get it from? I saw someone asking for Valiants, but wasn't sure if he's a member of the board. He saw the prices on them and literally just put them back in the box. :lol: Anyways I'll definitely be up to meeting you guys at the Nationals. Hopefully there'll be better deals compared to this show.
That was you? I was at the show too (that makes 5 of us :o - IT WAS A VALIANT CON!) and one of the dealers told me there was a guy who just beat me to all his solar 1s in nice shape :thumb:

I managed to get Turok 47 for $5 and Bloodshot 51 for $0.25

Escaflown4
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by Escaflown4 »

shadowmite wrote:
Escaflown4 wrote:I was at this show too and the Valiants I saw there were literally marked through the roof. The only Valiants I bought were 3 copies of Solar #1 which looks like it can get 9.8's for $5 each. Other then that, I stayed away from them. Btw Svair, nice score on that Shadowman copy. Which vendor did you get it from? I saw someone asking for Valiants, but wasn't sure if he's a member of the board. He saw the prices on them and literally just put them back in the box. :lol: Anyways I'll definitely be up to meeting you guys at the Nationals. Hopefully there'll be better deals compared to this show.
That was you? I was at the show too (that makes 5 of us :o - IT WAS A VALIANT CON!) and one of the dealers told me there was a guy who just beat me to all his solar 1s in nice shape :thumb:

LoL yup that was me alright. Dunno if he mentioned anything bout me being real picky with the books, but it seems that a majority of the vendors know me as a high grade collector. Usually when I point to a book on the wall now, they will tell me right off the bat whether I would like the condition or not. I was really surprised by the copies of his Solar #1's, they were in unread nice conditions. Might consider submitting them at the Nationals since CGC will be grading on site. We should definitely get together at that show. :thumb:

xoken
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by xoken »

Escaflown4 wrote:
shadowmite wrote:

LoL yup that was me alright. Dunno if he mentioned anything bout me being real picky with the books, but it seems that a majority of the vendors know me as a high grade collector. Usually when I point to a book on the wall now, they will tell me right off the bat whether I would like the condition or not. I was really surprised by the copies of his Solar #1's, they were in unread nice conditions. Might consider submitting them at the Nationals since CGC will be grading on site. We should definitely get together at that show. :thumb:
On site grading eh? When is the nationals? I might have to bring some unity reds :D :thumb: