Cystic Fibrosis Fund Raiser/Walkathon

Board member driven topics. Participation is completely voluntary.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Cystic Fibrosis Fund Raiser/Walkathon

Post by Knightt »

OK men... the Cystic Fibrosis Fund Raiser is officially over for this year. YOU guys did GREAT... and I mean great.

The totals for the fund raiser are in...

Valiantfans.com... as a message board family, we raised $22,500 this year !!!!

Team Alyssa, all together raised (drum roll please) $30,100 this year !!!

The entire city of Sierra Vista raised $38,000... which is fantastic but you guys know that THIS message board was responsible for $22,500 of that and you ALL should feel proud of yourselves. I know that "I" am proud of you. As such a small community, we have pulled together and done something GREAT. The outpouring of generousity that is seen here is just incredible and I want to thank you ALL for what you have done this year and for what you ALL have accomlished. You are ALL truly awesome... I am proud to be a member of this message board and more so, a proud member of this family that we have here amongst ourselves.

The day was long and Team Alyssa prepared EVERYTHING for the fund raiser to include the teardown as volunteers were very scarce this early morning but we got it done. I went ahead and walked the five miles and lead the pack all the way... there was just no catching me. Metal rods protesting all the way but we did what it takes.

Here are a few pics...

The setup...

Alyssa being a ham....

The registration cuties...

We had a turnout of about 20 people, not too bad.

I will post more about this later... we are all tuckered out tonight and will be hitting the hay early tonight.

See you guys in the morning... OH and Valiantfans.com ? Thank you...

cobra_commander
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!

Post by cobra_commander »

:clap:

Wow. Again, amazing board guys.

:clap: :thumb:

dellamorte
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
Re: Cystic Fibrosis Fund Raiser/Walkathon

Post by dellamorte »

Alyssa being a ham....

And this is what it's all about. :thumb:

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

I can't wait to get a full report....

boy... Alyssa is such a cutie....

must have goten her looks from her mother :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

steverino
Account deactivated by administrator.

Post by steverino »

Elveen wrote:I can't wait to get a full report....

boy... Alyssa is such a cutie....

must have goten her looks from her mother :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was about to say....

That's really great news. Maybe next year we will give a lot more. Hopefully. :hope:

Things are already looking up financially for me. :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Everyone helps in whatever way that they can, bud. People do so out of willingness and not begrudgenly (as the Bible tells us to do), THIS is what makes the fund raiser a sucess. Something I found amazing this year was the amount of guys who donated a book, bid on it, and WON it, and donated for it and others that won items and then said, 'please relist the item and sell it again'. Good stuff...

tcolli
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man

Post by tcolli »

Damn, damn damn, I still have ZF money and some other funds to send!
I am soooo sorry I dropped the ball on this Chris! I really wanted this to be on this years totals but my damn organs :!: :!:

I will still get the funds to CF for a good start for next year.

Damn I am upset with myself :mad:
I do chicken right!

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

tcolli wrote:Damn, damn damn, I still have ZF money and some other funds to send!
I am soooo sorry I dropped the ball on this Chris! I really wanted this to be on this years totals but my damn organs :!: :!:

You didn't drop the ball on anything T.

If anything you'll help kick-start next years CF fund raiser. :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

tcolli wrote:Damn, damn damn, I still have ZF money and some other funds to send!

No no NO... the only thing important at this time is YOU getting back on yer feet, trooper !!!

That is a direct order.... :thumb:

svair
HEY ALL...I'M NEW TO THE SITE AND HAVE KEPT LOW PROFILE
HEY ALL...I'M NEW TO THE SITE AND HAVE KEPT LOW PROFILE
Valiant fan since: inception

Post by svair »

Chris...

I actually teared up :oops: when I saw Alyssa's pic and you mentioned the totals and how this Fantastic Site led by Greg and its members was able to help out...

Don't forget to include yourself on this achievment!!!!

Everyone should really pat themselves on the back for this.....

:thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

svair wrote:Chris...

I actually teared up :oops: when I saw Alyssa's pic and you mentioned the totals and how this Fantastic Site led by Greg and its members was able to help out...

Don't forget to include yourself on this achievment!!!!

Everyone should really pat themselves on the back for this.....

:thumb:
Man, I don't do anything... I just facilitate.

k_c_collectibles
Walmart - ALWAYS low prices!
Walmart - ALWAYS low prices!

Post by k_c_collectibles »

Knightt wrote:
Holy crap! I'm just glad that I could help you out in some small way. I am going to start a bit earlier this year in setting aside stuff for you to auction off. :thumb: With any luck I will have LOTS of goodies for you. :D

Congrats on the total and I'm sorry that I missed your call yesterday,
Chris
Hundreds of Valiant and Acclaim comics for GREAT prices! http://www.webstore.com/shop.php?user_id=96791

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dac55 »

Super Guys. ever one here should pat them self on the back. Your all great guys. :thumb:

David

Byrneout
...and in THIS corner...
...and in THIS corner...
Location: Originally Hell's Kitchen, NY - *SKREE* that "Clinton, NY" *SKREE* - now Cincinnati, OH

Post by Byrneout »

What Chris is able to do with this is incredible, and everyone's support helps make it so.

We set a high bar this year. I'm already working on things for next year's fundraiser, and I know Chris is probably right there as well. Keep that in mind - as a group, last year we did something AMAZING. This year, it was simply INCREDIBLE.

Next year, we have to go for AWE-INSPIRING.

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

Knightt wrote:OK men... the Cystic Fibrosis Fund Raiser is officially over for this year. YOU guys did GREAT... and I mean great.

The totals for the fund raiser are in...

Team Alyssa, all together raised (drum roll please) $30,100 this year !!!

The entire city of Sierra Vista raised $38,000... which is fantastic but you guys know that THIS message board was responsible for $22,500 of that and you ALL should feel proud of yourselves. I know that "I" am proud of you. As such a small community, we have pulled together and done something GREAT. The outpouring of generousity that is seen here is just incredible and I want to thank you ALL for what you have done this year and for what you ALL have accomlished. You are ALL truly awesome... I am proud to be a member of this message board and more so, a proud member of this family that we have here amongst ourselves.

The day was long and Team Alyssa prepared EVERYTHING for the fund raiser to include the teardown as volunteers were very scarce this early morning but we got it done. I went ahead and walked the five miles and lead the pack all the way... there was just no catching me. Metal rods protesting all the way but we did what it takes.

Here are a few pics...

The setup...

Alyssa being a ham....

The registration cuties...

We had a turnout of about 20 people, not too bad.

I will post more about this later... we are all tuckered out tonight and will be hitting the hay early tonight.

See you guys in the morning... OH and Valiantfans.com ? Thank you...
WOW! This is incredible.
I really appreciate all of the hard work you have put into making it such a huge success.
http://chrismorrillart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

Chris, for all the hard work, you've put into this (each and every year) there are no words:

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

good work, everyone. We should all be very proud of what we accomplished! :thumb:

SnotDrip
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: Magnus Robot Fighter #1

Post by SnotDrip »

Congrats on the great success

blutobc
paulsmith56 is my hero
paulsmith56 is my hero

Post by blutobc »

Hey guys, it's time for a newbie post.

Introduction time - Hi, my name is Brian and I'm a libra, I like long slow walks on the beach.........................Okay forget that stuff, all anyone wants to hear about is comics, right? Bottom line...I was there for the first issue of Magnus/Solar/Harbinger and the gang...and I was there when the big guy split....and when the fancy artist split...and when the speculators split....I was there up until the company itself split. I tried one acclaim book, but it just wasn't the same.

I just recently heard from hobojoe about all the great charity events that you guys are doing over here and thought I'd check it out.

It was great to see the success of the VF boards fundraiser for CF. Especially so since my 15 year old daughter Sarah also has CF. After reading about the successes that you folks have had, I'd like to share our fundraising idea this year. The CF walkathon was schedule the same weekend as Fall break from school and we were already booked for a weekend at Myrtle Beach. So Sarah came up with the idea of sending letters to friends and family and telling them that she would do her walking from the beach. This showed her dedication in fighting her illness along with just having fun. She wound up collecting about $1,500.

Here is a pic of Sarah on the beach in her CF shirt.

Thanks for letting me share a small bit of Sarah's story. Hope to talk to you guys some more in the future.

ibreakhorses
...it has been down hill ever since.
...it has been down hill ever since.

Post by ibreakhorses »

blutobc wrote:Hey guys, it's time for a newbie post.

Introduction time - Hi, my name is Brian and I'm a libra, I like long slow walks on the beach.........................Okay forget that stuff, all anyone wants to hear about is comics, right? Bottom line...I was there for the first issue of Magnus/Solar/Harbinger and the gang...and I was there when the big guy split....and when the fancy artist split...and when the speculators split....I was there up until the company itself split. I tried one acclaim book, but it just wasn't the same.

I just recently heard from hobojoe about all the great charity events that you guys are doing over here and thought I'd check it out.

It was great to see the success of the VF boards fundraiser for CF. Especially so since my 15 year old daughter Sarah also has CF. After reading about the successes that you folks have had, I'd like to share our fundraising idea this year. The CF walkathon was schedule the same weekend as Fall break from school and we were already booked for a weekend at Myrtle Beach. So Sarah came up with the idea of sending letters to friends and family and telling them that she would do her walking from the beach. This showed her dedication in fighting her illness along with just having fun. She wound up collecting about $1,500.

Here is a pic of Sarah on the beach in her CF shirt.

Thanks for letting me share a small bit of Sarah's story. Hope to talk to you guys some more in the future.
Welcome to the board! :thumb:

Rufusharley
donkey-shorts!..uhh i mean..danke schön!
donkey-shorts!..uhh i mean..danke schön!

Post by Rufusharley »

Welcome to the boards blutobc! :)

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

Outstanding to have you here, Bluto! All that Hassellhoff stuff was just phase, I promise!

Seriously, I think it's great to see you on the board, esp. given that in a very real way, Trent is how you found out about one of the many good things this community does. I'm impressed constantly how pro-active, hard-working, intelligent and creative the members of this board are about the things that really matter.
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dac55 »

Welcome to the boards. Stay awhile. We just might grow on you .

David

Elveen
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Hola Compadre.....

cool pic :thumb: