Any other Negation fans out there?

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Lightning Strike
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
Any other Negation fans out there?

Post by Lightning Strike »

IMO, this was the best CrossGen book and quite possibly the most unrecognized great books to have been published since 2000.

I love the concept of the book, how all the characters were all brought together from different planets and dimensions, being forced to band together for their own survival (even though Evinlea only cared about her own well being).

Each character was unique and special. Kaine was especially neat because of all of them, he had no powers but was easily the most fearless. I really admired that about him.

Did anyone else like this book a lot?

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story

Post by StarBrand »

I never read Negation, but thanks for the tip on it being good! :thumb:

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

LUV those books and cannot wait until I can finish that universe up and actually READ them all. I am one of those guys that will wait until I get the whole Dead Universe before I will read it.... lets just say, I wont be reading any books for a while. :thumb:

buff-beardo
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Solar
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by buff-beardo »

Knightt wrote:LUV those books and cannot wait until I can finish that universe up and actually READ them all. I am one of those guys that will wait until I get the whole Dead Universe before I will read it.... lets just say, I wont be reading any books for a while. :thumb:
I read the first title of each sigilverse book to make sure I liked them before I embarked on the daunting task of trying to get them all. I enjoyed Negation quite a bit. Actually, I like all the Crossgen titles and I look forward to completing the universe so I can finally read them. It has been a long wait. 87 more to go! :!:

Lightning Strike

comicmark wrote:I never read Negation, but thanks for the tip on it being good! :thumb:
My pleasure. Some other CrossGen books that were good were Ruse (until Waid left the book), Sojourn, Scion and Sigil.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Sojourn was my favorite Crossgen. I thought it was a tremendous combination of writing and art. Greg Land art never looked so good.

h-comics
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
next

Post by h-comics »

I heard from my friends that it was a good book to read.I think I will try to find them when I get the chance. :thumb:.Got to love the dead universe.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

The dead universe board is becoming one of my favorite boards! :)

h-comics
me too

Post by h-comics »

Mine too comicmark,glad to hear other board members are into it too.

Texcap
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by Texcap »

I never read Negation, though I would have liked to had my wallet granted permission! Curiously, did Negation TPB's ever make it to print before CG closed up shop?

Anyhow, Sojourn and Ruse were the titles I enjoyed most -- and I miss reading them both a great deal.

Lightning Strike

Texcap wrote: I never read Negation, though I would have liked to had my wallet granted permission!
Wow, you never read Negation Texcap? I thought for sure you had read that book. IMO, it's Pelletier at his finest. The best work he's ever put out. And the story and concept is supremely done.
Texcap wrote:Curiously, did Negation TPB's ever make it to print before CG closed up shop?
I think they did three TPB's and the fourth one is due out in October but you'd be better off searching for the set on Ebay. You should be able to get the complete set for less than $40, and quite possibly even somewhere around $25.
Do yourself a favor and pick it up, you'll be glad you did.

*edit*---You'll also want to pick up CrossGen Chronicles #7, Negation: Lawbringer, The Mark of Charon mini-series and the Negation series itself is wrapped up in the Negation War mini-series.

Lightning Strike

comicmark wrote:Sojourn was my favorite Crossgen. I thought it was a tremendous combination of writing and art. Greg Land art never looked so good.
I totally agree. Land draws the most beautiful women.

Lightning Strike

buff-beardo wrote:
Knightt wrote:LUV those books and cannot wait until I can finish that universe up and actually READ them all. I am one of those guys that will wait until I get the whole Dead Universe before I will read it.... lets just say, I wont be reading any books for a while. :thumb:
I read the first title of each sigilverse book to make sure I liked them before I embarked on the daunting task of trying to get them all. I enjoyed Negation quite a bit. Actually, I like all the Crossgen titles and I look forward to completing the universe so I can finally read them. It has been a long wait. 87 more to go! :!:
The hunt is half the fun! :)

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

You might also want to check out the CG thread:

viewtopic.php?t=7979

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

I loved Mystic, Sigil, Scion, Meridian, and Sojourn the most, while Crossgen Chronicles and Solus were basically saved by George Perez's art.

The rest of Crossgen titles like Crux, Ruse, Negation, The Path, The First and the others I don't know why but I could never really get hooked on them.
I'm not saying they sucked or anything they weren't my cup of tea I guess.

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Re: Any other Negation fans out there?

Post by dac55 »

Lightning Strike wrote:IMO, this was the best CrossGen book and quite possibly the most unrecognized great books to have been published since 2000.

I love the concept of the book, how all the characters were all brought together from different planets and dimensions, being forced to band together for their own survival (even though Evinlea only cared about her own well being).

Each character was unique and special. Kaine was especially neat because of all of them, he had no powers but was easily the most fearless. I really admired that about him.

Did anyone else like this book a lot?
You might want to pick up Sigil to go with them they do tie in to each other, near the end of the run. And they are both great books to read I wish I had them all. :thumb:

David

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I tell ya, I am REALLY looking forward to reading CRUX. I have all the issues and it is killing me not to have read it yet, but maybe about 70 issues to go and I will be good to go and a reading fool. I will put off all of my other reading until I get that Dead Universe 'read and put to bed'.

It is just something about the concept of the whole thing and the art along with the colors that they used is just very appealing to me.

Lightning Strike

Knightt wrote:I tell ya, I am REALLY looking forward to reading CRUX. I have all the issues and it is killing me not to have read it yet, but maybe about 70 issues to go and I will be good to go and a reading fool. I will put off all of my other reading until I get that Dead Universe 'read and put to bed'.

It is just something about the concept of the whole thing and the art along with the colors that they used is just very appealing to me.
I forgot about Crux. It's a pretty good book. Mark Waid did a good job on writing the book and Steve Epting's art is amazing.

rictor
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by rictor »

I think Negation was one of the best books that Crossgen did because even though it was very steeped in Sigilverse continuity, it was also a great read for newcomers. As someone who read a lot of Crossgen, I got a huge thrill when certain characters or species showed up, but my friend, who wasn't into Crossgen got a really great space saga.

Lightning Strike

rictor wrote:I think Negation was one of the best books that Crossgen did because even though it was very steeped in Sigilverse continuity, it was also a great read for newcomers. As someone who read a lot of Crossgen, I got a huge thrill when certain characters or species showed up, but my friend, who wasn't into Crossgen got a really great space saga.
Yeah, that was one of the neat things about Negation. You didn't have to follow the other books in the Sigilverse to understand what was going on in Negation. What little background info you did need, they would give you in the book itself.