What are the rules of the Dead Universes section ?

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
What are the rules of the Dead Universes section ?

Post by Knightt »

A question which I am sure we have touched upon but let’s try and come up with a consensus as to when and under what circumstances does a comic book or comic imprint become a Dead Universe book ?

Simple rules here...
1. All ideas will be considered
2. No ridicule of another’s idea
3. No name calling
4. Be respectful at all times (we are all educated collectors here, lets act like it)
5. Present points that are logical and can be placed in a discernable flow of information and can be easily reconstructed should we be able to put these ideas in a logical order
6. Let’s bring up a point, discuss it and come up with a consensus... good or bad
7. List will not have an end point, if a new rule comes into the pitch we have to keep things open so as to keep our 'basics' up to date and fresh.
I would think that our DU list will grow with the addition of smaller companies as we do not want to list only the DU books we like to collect.
Lets take it a topic at a time, be respectful and have some fun... this is our house.
As you are able, please discuss...

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question
Re: What are the rules of the Dead Universes section ?

Post by Draco »

Knightt wrote:A question which I am sure we have touched upon but let’s try and come up with a consensus as to when and under what circumstances does a comic book or comic imprint become a Dead Universe book ?

Simple rules here...
1. All ideas will be considered
2. No ridicule of another’s idea
3. No name calling
4. Be respectful at all times (we are all educated collectors here, lets act like it)
5. Present points that are logical and can be placed in a discernable flow of information and can be easily reconstructed should we be able to put these ideas in a logical order
6. Let’s bring up a point, discuss it and come up with a consensus... good or bad
7. List will not have an end point, if a new rule comes into the pitch we have to keep things open so as to keep our 'basics' up to date and fresh.
I would think that our DU list will grow with the addition of smaller companies as we do not want to list only the DU books we like to collect.
Lets take it a topic at a time, be respectful and have some fun... this is our house.
As you are able, please discuss...
Great move good Sir.

When i set out my how many DU's can you collect, i separated them into DUs and Defunct. That was basically so i could work out what ones had an actual coherent universe and which didn't, but of course any publisher who is no more fits into the category and my love for DU's overall still amazingly grows daily :)

My plans alone to get the info for all Du's out there is insane and will start at some point hopefully this year, so anything discussed here is an immense help to us and anyone who wishes to find info regarding this great love of ours.

I do indeed leave some publishers from my main list and its simple who doesnt make the cut.

If they published less than a dozen or so books ( including variants) then they dont normally make.

If the main output was smut or bad girl junk, they get cut too.

The fact that i have Dagger comics in there somwhere tells us all we need to know about ow low the quality of books needs to be to make the list
:lol: :lol:

I mocked Lightning back in the day ( even though in the mad days of '93 they were the only company my brother was close to working with ) and before recent folks here reading chunks of Triumphant they were labelled among the worst too, but there are some people out there who really only made dog sh** and they should be never mentioned again, but no doubt we can all have a good laugh at their pathetic attempts.

I like the idea of having a master list.
The one i have here http://valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic. ... b0d9ce39d4 will no doubt serve as a good start point.

Maybe a new master list sticky with colour codes might be a good move.
Actual Dead Universe in one colour, Defunct in another, with other notable info like bad girl tat and smaller under ten comics in another colour. Just a though there, what do you all think on that idea?

There are always publishers who are new and put out a hitof books and go under in a matter of months, very rarely years.
Big city for instance were always gonna go under, so i started to grab them before they disappeared, now i cant even get them in 50p bins the print runs were so damned tiny :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would be nice to make a list of current publishers who are likely to succumb to the DU and maybe create a top ten we can vote on :P

Anyway im off to read the last 100 bullets trade and get some zzzzz's

Good to have some chit chat back in the old DU once again.

:thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Bump...

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

Rule number 1: Be excellent to each other.
Rule number 2: See Rule 1

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Drift wrote:Rule number 1: Be excellent to each other.
Rule number 3: If it's your first time... you have to fight!

Phantom..
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Location: The Royal Valiant Fans thank Dino and Svair for their kindness!

Post by Phantom.. »

rule number 2 is stupid.
THus breaking rule 2,3,4 :P

I think it all cool down here and everyone works to these rules anyway.

I do not have much imput into the DU selection of titles.
I just enjoy reading the threads.

I have little input, as I have given away alot of DU, and only collect Teckno, Valiant, Accliam, and Shooterverses.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, right ?

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

Knightt wrote:
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, right ?
AND the Bogus Journey. MOST EXCELLENT!