Ultra rare ...

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Re: Ultra rare ...

Post by depluto »

There's never been an easier time to get them off eBay ... some dude in Cali has been trickling them out for a while now in the $20-30 range. He's watered down the market and there is no telling how many he has.

TravAzz
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by TravAzz »

What is the seller's name?

Tony_H
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Dr. Mirage
Favorite writer: Van Meter
Favorite artist: Braithwaite & Baron

Post by Tony_H »

ewp13legendom is his eBay name. I've had many positive exchanges with him. And he does indeed seem to have an endless supply of the holos.

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.

Post by GGSAE »

depluto wrote:There's never been an easier time to get them off eBay ... some dude in Cali has been trickling them out for a while now in the $20-30 range. He's watered down the market and there is no telling how many he has.
I haven't bought or sold on ebay in months...damn finance exam I spent several hundred hours studying only to fail. :cry: :oops: ...anyways, I think I need to go back to my list and find which ones I'm missing (think I still need 1 or 2 for the set).

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

TravAzz wrote:I'm new to the Ultraverse variant and hologram game. Does anyone have any extra gold holos they would part with?
Hey Trav, I do have an extra Mantra (and I think Freex) that I would part with on a deal for a boardie, let me know if you're interested!

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

The worst part about the flood of golds, is that that damn *SQUEE* ultraforce gold has seen an uptick in price...

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

Tony_H wrote:The Hard Case gold I picked up recently is a PGX "9.2" with more dings than Bonnie and Clyde's last car. I knew what I was getting into, though: happy as I am to have possession of that particular piece of the Ultraverse, there's no way I'd buy something like an old Marvel Conan that's been graded by those clowns.
:lol:
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!

fastballspecial
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by fastballspecial »

depluto wrote:I don't think he is a member here but he is pretty active on the Facebook Ultraverse page. Definitely one of the big Ultraverse collectors, although he is off on some of his numbers. There were some 100-plus dollar raw golds sold over the last year and the price has settled between $25-50 lately because that dude in Cali keeps listing more copies (not sure how many he has sold ... maybe 30-plus?).

And none of those books were CGC that he is selling ... all PGX. If they were CGC they probably would have sold for more; x-omatic's two CGC 9.8s sold for good money.

But Prime is always going to be a key issue and the last time one was sold was about two months ago for better than $100 (PGX 9.6) and the dude stated then that it was his final copy. It might take a while before the market picks up because just about everybody who wanted one was able to get one over the last year.
I snatch up holos whenever they are cheap just because I remember how I could afford them in college back then. I have yet to find a Gold Holo and have been looking for years. (Other then Ultraverse) Really since now Disney owns the Ultraverse maybe its a good thing.

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Awesome post right here.
As you can imagine, silver and old holos in the uk have always been a nightmare to get, though when seen are normally £2-5 depending on grade. I buy multiples when in bargain bins/sales etc.
I now have 140 boxes of indy to go through and even my standard UV collection is incomplete let alone the incentives.
I love that someone unearthed a stack of the HTF issues, but my searches are now coming up dead again.
im sure i saw several at $100 in auctions last time i looked which must have been several years ago :)
I have a member of staff who is going to help me sort my collection in june when they finish college, so shall be on the rampage to finish UV once and for all :)
I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

Draco wrote: I now have 140 boxes of indy to go through
HOly Christ!? You run a store, eh? Is this a back issue holding or a recently acquired collection.....I just remember that time I went through 20k indy comics for a friend, huge waste of my time.....

Draco
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

GGSAE wrote:
Draco wrote: I now have 140 boxes of indy to go through
HOly Christ!? You run a store, eh? Is this a back issue holding or a recently acquired collection.....I just remember that time I went through 20k indy comics for a friend, huge waste of my time.....
Yes on the store :)
Been selling one way or another since '87 and had stores since '99, but this recent store incarnation is from 2011 and most of the comics I started picking up from scratch in 2000 :)
Recent two big indy collections were over 20 long boxes and all beautiful high grade so best picks in ages, just stunning runs of all the main DU books that get discussed here :)
I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Finally went ahead and bought two gold hologram books I needed from ewp13legendom on eBay. It didn't look like he was going to lower the price much more and I had some Paypal funds from selling other books on eBay, so I figured why not. After I get these, I will only need the Prime Gold hologram. As far as other Ultraverse items, these are the other ones I still need:

Countdown to Ultraverse #1 (non-numbered version “Catch”)
Firearm #1 (Ultra 5,000)
Malibu Sun #27, 31, 33-36 (not too worried about these)
Prime Vol. 1 #1 Gold hologram cover
Ultraverse Secrets Marvel Doesn’t Want You to Know (promo magazine)

There might be some other recently discovered Ultraverse things that I don't know about, but these are the ones I do know I need.