Is interest in Defiant back issues growing?

DEFIANT and Broadway Comics, created by Jim Shooter after VALIANT in the 1990s.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story
Is interest in Defiant back issues growing?

Post by StarBrand »

Here's a basically complete set of Defiant comics that moved for over $60 on eBay including shipping. Yeah, it may be missing a few of the harder to get issues that aren't what I'd consider "regular" issues...
After making the sale, the seller listed another of these sets and raised the price $10. I'm interested in this because it may speak to an increase of scarcity through attrition or other reasons, nostalgic feelings toward Defiant growing, or just a general increase in demand for Defiant back issues. Of course, it's only one sale. I'll be interested to see if the other set sells too. I give the seller credit for nailing the price on the one that sold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Defiant-Comics- ... Swu1VW3g05" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin
Re: Is interest in Defiant back issues growing?

Post by Cyberstrike »

IMHO if you had perfect mint copies of all the Defiant books, card tins, and binders I think $150-$200 would be a reasonable price for all of it.

IF there is a growing interest in Defiant it would be IMHO 2 reasons:
1) Some early work by some of the creators like Dave Lapham and JG Jones that have went on to greater things and see what already established veterans like Shooter, Wein, and Claremont were up to in the 90s when they weren't at Marvel or DC.

2) That Defiant and Broadway might be considered the red-headed step-brothers of Valiant.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!