80s/90s cartoon/toy you'd like to see revived in comics?

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: 80s/90s cartoon/toy you'd like to see revived in comics?

Post by grendeljd »

QUARTZ wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
QUARTZ wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
QUARTZ wrote:Bring back Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future! I used to love that show and the toys and the "interactive" VHS game.

Also SUPERNATURALS. They had really cool holograms.
Hell yeah, I'm a massive fan of Captain Power! Got the DVD release of the original series a couple years back.

Sadly, they're actually working on a relaunch but can't get anyone to pick it up for distribution.
Seems like there has been some recent steps forward.

http://deadline.com/2016/07/captain-pow ... 201788233/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes! So glad to see it moving ahead. :thumb:
Hell yeah!

I hope the new toys they come out with can still interface with the television somehow, just as a cheesy throwback to the original series. I used to sit there with my Power Jet or whatever it was called shooting at the bad guys in the show when I was a kid, comparing scores with my friends (no sitting close to the screen and cheating!). It was a great way of getting kids to watch the program and want the VHS tapes.
I'm not sure they can replicate that effect anymore - something specific to the television tech of the time that allowed that interaction doesn't exist/isn't used anymore in modern tvs.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fastballspecial
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by fastballspecial »

Thundarr

Space Ghost - Which did for while

Voltron

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

fastballspecial wrote:Thundarr

Space Ghost - Which did for while

Voltron
Has anyone read the Future Quest series by Jeff Parker from D.C.? Thinking of getting the first TPB.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t