banned from a dead universe....how low can i go?

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: greg, Daniel Jackson

reddog
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: chu chuck
Favorite title: solar
Favorite writer: shooter
Favorite artist: lapham
banned from a dead universe....how low can i go?

Post by reddog »

i got banned from a dead universe, the defiant facebook page, beacuse i said dark dominion was a bad attempt. it was. its dead. the art stunk, the writing smelled and it all folded up because shooter was in court spending money instead of creating anything more than a few sentences of outline. i know, i was there. its a dead universe. haw do you get banned from a dead universe? i even offered my long box of mint books free, just get them from the curb, craigslost style. oh well, the dead live on.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen
Re: banned from a dead universe....how low can i go?

Post by IMJ »

Cancel culture. It's the go-to for idiots everywhere nowadays.

To understand it, you have to bring your mind back to early grammar school when you had that strange interaction with that one weirdo who kept coming around you without saying anything, and then when you stepped on the grass off the sidewalk, he'd scream tersely "NO! That's wrong!" and literally run away like he witnessed evil for the first time.

reddog
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: chu chuck
Favorite title: solar
Favorite writer: shooter
Favorite artist: lapham

Post by reddog »

hahahahahahahahahah

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Toyo Harada

Post by nycjadie »

IMJ wrote:Cancel culture. It's the go-to for idiots everywhere nowadays.

To understand it, you have to bring your mind back to early grammar school when you had that strange interaction with that one weirdo who kept coming around you without saying anything, and then when you stepped on the grass off the sidewalk, he'd scream tersely "NO! That's wrong!" and literally run away like he witnessed evil for the first time.
I'm a music junky and there was a whole NPR All Songs Considered episode on this topic recently. All of the music critics say they now temper their feedback based on the cancel culture. It's bananas. Now, there is a particular NPR music critic that is *SQUEE* nuts, and I don't like her outlook at all (I won't go into it here, but talk about pot kettle black), and I'm of two minds about critics (your job is to be critical despite what others think - same for me being an attorney), but talk about censorship. That part of our new culture I don't love.