Board Top
| Main Website
Price Guide | New Comics

ValiantFans.com Message Board - Tenth Anniversary 2004 - 2014

An online community for fans of the Valiant Universe
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:57 am 
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:24 am
Posts: 5777
Location: Torquehala!
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
<beginning to wonder what I can post next to bump my own count....> :hm:



let me see if i can help you.

:D


That is so helpful. I must return the favour. :D


I'm SURE none of you can reply to this! :wink:


Hah! I challenge your sureness...with a another post! :D


Made of win !


No, no, and thrice no! The win is over here!!! :D



I say thee nay, tis verliy my win methinks.


Au contraire, mon frere.

It is mine! All mine! :D


YOURS? I pity your trivial claims of ownership! It is I who will be dancing merrily on the corpses of the fallen this eve!


I say whoa, bro! I hereby stake what can only be an indsiputable and incontovertible claim for win-ness! :D


Well thou shalt be forced to duel sir to claim the win for the fabled house of mallet! As I also claim the legendary win for my own!


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:49 am 
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:39 am
Posts: 7269
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
ian_house wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
<beginning to wonder what I can post next to bump my own count....> :hm:



let me see if i can help you.

:D


That is so helpful. I must return the favour. :D


I'm SURE none of you can reply to this! :wink:


Hah! I challenge your sureness...with a another post! :D


Made of win !


No, no, and thrice no! The win is over here!!! :D



I say thee nay, tis verliy my win methinks.


Au contraire, mon frere.

It is mine! All mine! :D


YOURS? I pity your trivial claims of ownership! It is I who will be dancing merrily on the corpses of the fallen this eve!


I say whoa, bro! I hereby stake what can only be an indsiputable and incontovertible claim for win-ness! :D


Well thou shalt be forced to duel sir to claim the win for the fabled house of mallet! As I also claim the legendary win for my own!


Don't be coy Roy (Ian), but I understand that you offer reasoned argument for a duel to settle this point of honour? I choose illogic and hyperbole as the weapons of honour and may the house of House fall! Thereby giving me the win-ness! :D


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:39 pm 
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 12:08 pm
Posts: 33714
Location: Troll- free zone.
Make a new plan, Stan.



-slym (has to get off the bus, Gus)


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:00 pm 
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:39 am
Posts: 7269
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
slym2none wrote:
Make a new plan, Stan.



-slym (has to get off the bus, Gus)


Slip out the back, jack... :wink:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:53 pm 
I can feel the custom bug
I can feel the custom bug
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:00 pm
Posts: 4603
Location: Hammond, LA
leonmallett wrote:
slym2none wrote:
Make a new plan, Stan.



-slym (has to get off the bus, Gus)


Slip out the back, jack... :wink:

You dont need to discuss much :?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:08 pm 
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:32 pm
Posts: 783
Location: www.RedLeafComics.com www.ComicBookInterviews.com
How sad. No announcemets, no buzz, and we are talking about nonsense because there is no news.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:39 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:13 pm
Posts: 1443
Location: Ohio
Dead in the water


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:18 am 
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:24 am
Posts: 5777
Location: Torquehala!
UnknownTales wrote:
How sad. No announcemets, no buzz, and we are talking about nonsense because there is no news.


And if there was news what would we be talking about... exactly NONSENSE!

Long live nonsense...

Leon... I win!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 am 
I can feel the custom bug
I can feel the custom bug
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:00 pm
Posts: 4603
Location: Hammond, LA
ian_house wrote:
UnknownTales wrote:
How sad. No announcemets, no buzz, and we are talking about nonsense because there is no news.


And if there was news what would we be talking about... exactly NONSENSE!

Long live nonsense...

Leon... I win!

So forum participation is a waste of time :hm:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 am 
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:08 am
Posts: 3308
Location: Chasing my dreams inside my toybox
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
<beginning to wonder what I can post next to bump my own count....> :hm:



let me see if i can help you.

:D


That is so helpful. I must return the favour. :D


I'm SURE none of you can reply to this! :wink:


Hah! I challenge your sureness...with a another post! :D


Made of win !


No, no, and thrice no! The win is over here!!! :D



I say thee nay, tis verliy my win methinks.


Au contraire, mon frere.

It is mine! All mine! :D


YOURS? I pity your trivial claims of ownership! It is I who will be dancing merrily on the corpses of the fallen this eve!


I say whoa, bro! I hereby stake what can only be an indsiputable and incontovertible claim for win-ness! :D


Well thou shalt be forced to duel sir to claim the win for the fabled house of mallet! As I also claim the legendary win for my own!


Don't be coy Roy (Ian), but I understand that you offer reasoned argument for a duel to settle this point of honour? I choose illogic and hyperbole as the weapons of honour and may the house of House fall! Thereby giving me the win-ness! :D


Possession is 9/10ths of the law and as I control the win, I control the universe


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am 
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:09 pm
Posts: 18079
Location: East of Chicago, West of New York
Drift wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
<beginning to wonder what I can post next to bump my own count....> :hm:



let me see if i can help you.

:D


That is so helpful. I must return the favour. :D


I'm SURE none of you can reply to this! :wink:


Hah! I challenge your sureness...with a another post! :D


Made of win !


No, no, and thrice no! The win is over here!!! :D



I say thee nay, tis verliy my win methinks.


Au contraire, mon frere.

It is mine! All mine! :D


YOURS? I pity your trivial claims of ownership! It is I who will be dancing merrily on the corpses of the fallen this eve!


I say whoa, bro! I hereby stake what can only be an indsiputable and incontovertible claim for win-ness! :D


Well thou shalt be forced to duel sir to claim the win for the fabled house of mallet! As I also claim the legendary win for my own!


Don't be coy Roy (Ian), but I understand that you offer reasoned argument for a duel to settle this point of honour? I choose illogic and hyperbole as the weapons of honour and may the house of House fall! Thereby giving me the win-ness! :D


Possession is 9/10ths of the law and as I control the win, I control the universe


I have the secret to life though. I win...42.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:39 pm 
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 12:08 pm
Posts: 33714
Location: Troll- free zone.
Quote nesting is all the new rage...

:P :lol: :twisted:



-slym


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm 
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:39 am
Posts: 7269
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
slym2none wrote:
Quote nesting is all the new rage...

:P :lol: :twisted:



-slym


In fact it is the new black, it is that cool...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm 
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:39 am
Posts: 7269
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
xodacia81 wrote:
Drift wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Draco wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
<beginning to wonder what I can post next to bump my own count....> :hm:



let me see if i can help you.

:D


That is so helpful. I must return the favour. :D


I'm SURE none of you can reply to this! :wink:


Hah! I challenge your sureness...with a another post! :D


Made of win !


No, no, and thrice no! The win is over here!!! :D



I say thee nay, tis verliy my win methinks.


Au contraire, mon frere.

It is mine! All mine! :D


YOURS? I pity your trivial claims of ownership! It is I who will be dancing merrily on the corpses of the fallen this eve!


I say whoa, bro! I hereby stake what can only be an indsiputable and incontovertible claim for win-ness! :D


Well thou shalt be forced to duel sir to claim the win for the fabled house of mallet! As I also claim the legendary win for my own!


Don't be coy Roy (Ian), but I understand that you offer reasoned argument for a duel to settle this point of honour? I choose illogic and hyperbole as the weapons of honour and may the house of House fall! Thereby giving me the win-ness! :D


Possession is 9/10ths of the law and as I control the win, I control the universe


I have the secret to life though. I win...42.


Until my win-ness shone through in this post. :D


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:36 am 
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:24 am
Posts: 5777
Location: Torquehala!
sanman wrote:
ian_house wrote:
UnknownTales wrote:
How sad. No announcemets, no buzz, and we are talking about nonsense because there is no news.


And if there was news what would we be talking about... exactly NONSENSE!

Long live nonsense...

Leon... I win!

So forum participation is a waste of time :hm:


Duh! :clap:

Win WinWinWinWIN!!!!!!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:26 pm 
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:39 am
Posts: 7269
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
ian_house wrote:
sanman wrote:
ian_house wrote:
UnknownTales wrote:
How sad. No announcemets, no buzz, and we are talking about nonsense because there is no news.


And if there was news what would we be talking about... exactly NONSENSE!

Long live nonsense...

Leon... I win!

So forum participation is a waste of time :hm:


Duh! :clap:

Win WinWinWinWIN!!!!!!


No, no.
No, no, no, no.
No, no, no, no.
No, no, there no limits...to my win...or sadness in quoting an old terrible song...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:30 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:49 am
Posts: 1756
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
sanman wrote:
ian_house wrote:
UnknownTales wrote:
How sad. No announcemets, no buzz, and we are talking about nonsense because there is no news.


And if there was news what would we be talking about... exactly NONSENSE!

Long live nonsense...

Leon... I win!

So forum participation is a waste of time :hm:


Duh! :clap:

Win WinWinWinWIN!!!!!!


No, no.
No, no, no, no.
No, no, no, no.
No, no, there no limits...to my win...or sadness in quoting an old terrible song...


There can be only one...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:21 pm 
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:08 am
Posts: 3308
Location: Chasing my dreams inside my toybox
yardstick wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
ian_house wrote:
sanman wrote:
ian_house wrote:
UnknownTales wrote:
How sad. No announcemets, no buzz, and we are talking about nonsense because there is no news.


And if there was news what would we be talking about... exactly NONSENSE!

Long live nonsense...

Leon... I win!

So forum participation is a waste of time :hm:


Duh! :clap:

Win WinWinWinWIN!!!!!!


No, no.
No, no, no, no.
No, no, no, no.
No, no, there no limits...to my win...or sadness in quoting an old terrible song...


There can be only one...


There can be only win.

The win is mine.

Just Thor.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:37 pm 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:41 am
Posts: 2917
Location: Northern Exposure
Drift wrote:
Just Thor.


<oh dear lord not again>


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:59 am 
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:12 am
Posts: 7645
Location: Calizona Sector, North Am
Daniel Jackson wrote:
turbod16 wrote:
I think any news is good news.


Unless the news is Dark Horse having the rights to Solar and Magnus.


DJ must have a functional magic 8 ball. DJ posted that on 7/31/2008!

It's also interesting (sad) to see how views have changed since 2008.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:54 am 
I'm Chiclo.
I'm Chiclo.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09 am
Posts: 17970
Location: Texas
Favorite character: Kris
iggy101us wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
turbod16 wrote:
I think any news is good news.


Unless the news is Dark Horse having the rights to Solar and Magnus.


DJ must have a functional magic 8 ball. DJ posted that on 7/31/2008!

It's also interesting (sad) to see how views have changed since 2008.


This is the first post in this section in a looong time. Seems like the Dark Horse GK3 section has new posts every time I check the boards.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:02 am 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33 pm
Posts: 37305
iggy101us wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
turbod16 wrote:
I think any news is good news.


Unless the news is Dark Horse having the rights to Solar and Magnus.


DJ must have a functional magic 8 ball. DJ posted that on 7/31/2008!



Shhh......


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:19 pm 
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:39 am
Posts: 7269
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
UnknownTales wrote:
How sad. No announcemets, no buzz, and we are talking about nonsense because there is no news.


I think this quote ought to be stickied someshere. So true, so true.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:11 pm 
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 4547
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Hate to say I told you so, but last year I wrote:
The fact is, a lot of studios are VERY excited about things and they never happen. Remember, the Comics Journal? They used to have a few pages in the back of all the issues that listed properties being "developed" and even listed what studios were doing it.

I'll bet less than 1% of them ever got made.

I HOPE the film gets made. I HOPE VEI puts out comics, but honestly, I'll believe it when I see it.


I remember getting beat up pretty good for saying it. :(


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 am 
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:12 am
Posts: 7645
Location: Calizona Sector, North Am
5/26/2010 interview with Brett Ratner

http://www.cinematical.com/2010/05/26/i ... tt-ratner/

Quote:
Cinematical: I know Beverly Hills Cop IV is a project you're interested in down the line. Why is it that movies like that seem to ebb and flow in terms of momentum, and what does it take for something like that to get made?

Ratner: When you're on a roll in a franchise, even Rush Hour took three years in between, so it's hard. Michael Bay's [Transformers], that's a machine; he's focused on that and that's his full-time, 24-hours-a-day [job]. I'm spreading myself thin a little bit, but these are hard things. If I just said, "this is my next thing" and spent all day 24 hours a day doing that movie, you can't do that. You can't put all of your eggs in one basket. I'm trying to create my own [projects]; I have a comic book movie, Youngblood, Harbinger is a movie that I wanted to make, and there are movies that I attached myself to that I was interested in but for some reason, whether it was location or budget or schedule, I just couldn't make it work. It's not easy. I was a guy who made a movie every year, but now I'm being a bit more thoughtful about what movie I'm going to do next because I don't want to be just the go-to guy on franchises. I want to create my own franchise or do something like what Bryan did on X-Men where he did something from scratch. So there's this original tower heist movie that will probably be my next movie that I've been working on; it was Trump Heist before, because I've been working on it for two and a half years and gone through seven writers. But I'm passionate about that story and that's what I'm kind of doing – I'm in between working on Hef, working on that movie, God of War, but I always come back to Tower Heist. That's a movie that fits me, and I'm not a strategist, I'm more of an instinct guy; when I read a script I go "I want to do this." But I haven't read a script that's been given to me that I was like, "I've got to make this right now." It's like there's a script I really like, I like the story, but the script needs work and I want to keep developing it. Or, well, if I can get this actor for this movie – for the Brian Wilson story if Philip Seymour Hoffman would do it then I'll do it, but if not, I can't see myself doing it. So many things need to come together to make a movie go [into production], so it's just hard. But I'm not one of those guys who makes a movie every ten years. I'm not so precious about it. I don't feel like what I'm doing has such importance.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: grendeljd and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group