Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by rlute11 »

Jay Tomio wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:
Jay Tomio wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:
rlute11 wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:wow. sounds like you got a good deal on those loose figures. the snakee eyes usually goes for at least $30 and thats no guaranteed to be mint condition.

and you got a moc mutt & junkyard as well?! very nice :thumb:
I saw a "very little wear" version A Starduster go for $122. So I could sell that and everything else was free.
niiiiiiice

starduster is definitely one of the loose figures i'd want to add to my collection
I need one more version! I have two of them (the other v1's) but I need the Recondo Waist/Duke torso version - just haven't got around to grabbing one!
i thought there was only one!
No, I think (could be miixng it up) the Recondo chest is the toughest to find. Called Version B. That said I have never seen one of those bagged, but I have seen the others bagged which leads me to maybe agree with others that perhaps the B version are multiple loose figures that were made by collectors. if someone has a bagged one (that's authentic) I'd like to see it. There are at leas two legitmate v1's and possibly 3 and there was a v2 one as well.
http://www.yojoe.com/action/87/starduster.shtml

I have no idea which is the toughest to find. I always wanted the first one because it's the one that came with the cereal. And, well, it was first.

rlute11

Post by rlute11 »

I got this in the mail today. I'm totally stoked!

The bubbles not perfect. But it's good enough for me. The card couldn't be more perfect.

I bought it 35 minuets after it was listed. A little risky, but it turned out great!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=017

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Last edited by rlute11 on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:20:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

rlute11

Post by rlute11 »

Here's a couple more shots. It's not everything I own, but the a good chunk of it. There's more in the red dresser, I just haven't displayed everything yet. The second shelf there has about 75 MLC figures.

When this thread was started, I had none of this.

sd2416
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Original Rai, Eternal Warror

Post by sd2416 »

How do you like the 25 anniversary figures?

rlute11

Post by rlute11 »

sd2416 wrote:How do you like the 25 anniversary figures?
No interest.

They look ok, but I only collect Joes because they remind me of my childhood. In fact I don't collect ANYTHING that can be bought new in a store.

If/when Valiant actually makes this comeback that might change.

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

sd2416 wrote:How do you like the 25 anniversary figures?
I personally think they are awesome. They can be bought new in the store which I like (if I spent $200 on an action figure, my wife would beat the crap out of me), and they remind me of my childhood which I like. As far as the body construction goes, they're kinda like the new Dodge Challenger - they took something great from the past and modernized it while keeping the spirit of the original intact. This is unlike the new Dodge Charger or past attempts at retooling the Joe body construction where they modernized and abandoned the spirit of the original.

rlute11

Post by rlute11 »

Heath wrote: if I spent $200 on an action figure, my wife would beat the crap out of me.
Yes, well, that's why this is our little secret.

:thumb:

sd2416
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Original Rai, Eternal Warror

Post by sd2416 »

Anyone still collecting these?
I have picked up a few of the 25th anniversary ones and have got the fire burning again. Now I want to get them all and start up collecting the 80's figures as well.
Our stores around here are pretty bare. If anyone elses stores are stocked, let me know.

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

I bought the three 5-packs of the 25 anniversary figures, one of Joes, two of Cobra. I gave one of them to my nephew for Christmas, and I have the other two sitting in a box at my parents house.

They were shipped down there at Christmas, and I forgot to bring them back with me.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

sd2416 wrote:Anyone still collecting these?
I have picked up a few of the 25th anniversary ones and have got the fire burning again. Now I want to get them all and start up collecting the 80's figures as well.
Oh man, same here. I literally got hooked on these in the last few days. Couple of guys I work with have done nothing but talk about them for the last 3 weeks, and one guy has a few at his desk, so it's been sort of growing on me by proxy. The fact that the sculpts are fantastic, yet they remain so true to the GI Joes from when I was a kid just got me right there.

The added bonus is that I'm at a point where I'm sick to death of 6" figs because they are just cumbersome and take up so much space, whereas the GI Joe stuff is smaller and can display so nicely if I ever decided to go that route. You know I was bitten hard by this too because I sat down and made a vintage checklist that I'm concerned with from 1982 through 1990, and then these 25th figs. These things are pretty fantastic though. Now's not a good time for this considering the Iron Man onslaught I'm about to go through with the movie merch coming soon, too.