siren3-4
The best feeling I get is filling holes
Ghost Rider Statue & Bust comparison thread

Post by siren3-4 »

GHOST RIDER

Bowen Designs & Diamond Select

ImageImage
Sideshow Modern ~ Regular and Exclusive versions (17 inches tall)

ImageImage
Sideshow Old West ~ Regular and Exclusive versions (17 inches tall)

Diamond Select Movie Version

Ghost Rider in Desert (12 inches tall)

Ghost Rider in Water (14 inches long)

Art Asylum bust (7 inches)

Bowen Bust

"DEVILS RIDER" Ghost by Grymm Designs

Movie bust

Ghost Rider Movie Bust: Blackheart (6 inches)

Ghost Rider Movie Bust: Mephistopheles (6 inches)
Last edited by siren3-4 on Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:24:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

cobra_commander
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!
Re: Ghost Rider Statue & Bust comparison thread

Post by cobra_commander »

siren3-4 wrote:ImageImage
Sideshow Old West ~ Regular and Exclusive versions (17 inches tall)
OK now you're posting statues that I've never seen before and I really want to get. :mad: :lol:

cobra_commander

How much is that one btw? :hm:

siren3-4

Post by siren3-4 »

cobra_commander wrote:How much is that one btw? :hm:
Regular version was $199.99 from sideshow - they are sold out now

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/cate ... ?item=6813

If you look on the 'bay you can probably get one a little cheaper but shipping will kick you back up to $200 . . .

Looks to be worth every penny though . . . You might even be able to grab an exclusive for around $200 if you keep looking . . . :thumb:

There were only 350 of the exclusives made and only 650 of the regular version made . . .

cobra_commander

siren3-4 wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:How much is that one btw? :hm:
Regular version was $199.99 from sideshow - they are sold out now

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/cate ... ?item=6813

If you look on the 'bay you can probably get one a little cheaper but shipping will kick you back up to $200 . . .

Looks to be worth every penny though . . . You might even be able to grab an exclusive for around $200 if you keep looking . . . :thumb:

There were only 350 of the exclusives made and only 650 of the regular version made . . .
:hm:

I'll take a look :thumb:

siren3-4

Post by siren3-4 »

Wrong link . .

The old west one is here

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/cate ... item=68121

Exclusive limited to 300 & regular limited to 400

Same prices . . . :)

cobra_commander

What differences do you notice between the bowen statues and the sideshow ones?

siren3-4

Post by siren3-4 »

cobra_commander wrote:What differences do you notice between the bowen statues and the sideshow ones?
Bowen has some amazing pieces and really cornered the statue market in terms of quality sculpting and characters . .

Sideshow is really the new kid on the block (marvel wise, as they had been making LOTR and SW statues) and had to do something drastic to break the Bowen hold . . .

They hired really talented sculptors and raised the bar by making huge "high end" collectibles and proving there was a strong desire in the market for it.

Initially their 1:4 premium format got compared to dolls because of the mixed media . . . but the quality really can’t be argued with . . most people just haven’t seen most of these statues in person. The Hulk PF is a great example of this . . at $350 most stores just can’t order one and have it sitting in their store. Once you see it in person . . you know this is a $1000 statue . . the pictures do not show the size and presence of this statue . . .

I guess the short answer is Size & retail price . . . and some sideshow pieces are mixed media . . . :)

cobra_commander

siren3-4 wrote:
cobra_commander wrote:What differences do you notice between the bowen statues and the sideshow ones?
Bowen has some amazing pieces and really cornered the statue market in terms of quality sculpting and characters . .

Sideshow is really the new kid on the block (marvel wise, as they had been making LOTR and SW statues) and had to do something drastic to break the Bowen hold . . .

They hired really talented sculptors and raised the bar by making huge "high end" collectibles and proving there was a strong desire in the market for it.

Initially their 1:4 premium format got compared to dolls because of the mixed media . . . but the quality really can’t be argued with . . most people just haven’t seen most of these statues in person. The Hulk PF is a great example of this . . at $350 most stores just can’t order one and have it sitting in their store. Once you see it in person . . you know this is a $1000 statue . . the pictures do not show the size and presence of this statue . . .

I guess the short answer is Size & retail price . . . and some sideshow pieces are mixed media . . . :)
Yeah the mixed media SW dont know if it was 1:4 though. Some of them just looked really rubbish.

So that kinda turned me off Sideshow.

Then when I got the Bowen Red Skull in the mail :o

That really had some presence about it. And this is something I'll say to anyone considering getting statues - The Red Skull was much better in person than in the picture.

But if you say the Marvel ones are pretty cool I'll give 'em another shot

:thumb:

siren3-4

Post by siren3-4 »

Sideshow just released this 1:2 scale bust:

It has a light up feature:

siren3-4

Post by siren3-4 »

cobra_commander wrote:
siren3-4 wrote:

Yeah the mixed media SW dont know if it was 1:4 though. Some of them just looked really rubbish.

So that kinda turned me off Sideshow.

Then when I got the Bowen Red Skull in the mail :o

That really had some presence about it. And this is something I'll say to anyone considering getting statues - The Red Skull was much better in person than in the picture.

But if you say the Marvel ones are pretty cool I'll give 'em another shot

:thumb:
I found a good Scale comparison picture at statue forum . . . The Colossus, Iron Man, Surfer and Thor are Bowen Full Size scale . . . The cap & Hulk are Sideshow PF figures . . . the Huge Spidey head is a Sideshow 1:1 scale bust . .

and here is Sideshow gray Hulk PF ready to beat down Bowen FS Juggernaut, Venom and Attakus (I think) green Hulk . .

Image :)

siren3-4

Post by siren3-4 »

Ghost Rider sideshow statue . . . special pics . . .