Non-Sports Card Collections

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Non-Sports Card Collections

Post by Knightt »

Anyone else here collect NON-Sports cards ? I am talking Marvel Masterpiece, Marvel Universe, Creators Universe, Ultraverse, fantasy, sci-fi, horror cards and such.

If so, lets start talking about it and maybe we can help each other finish off sets through trading. I JUST GOTTA FINISH MY DEATHMATE CARD SET !!!!!!

:lol:

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

i have about 5k floating around here somewhere all my sets are complete minus a few valiant sets i just got boxes of ill see what i can find :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Well I have a huge flat box of over 15K that I was planning on selling on Ebay, but if I can fill out a few folks sets here, I'll keep it around a bit longer.

I found 9 more binders yesterday for my collection bringing my number of binders up to 46 (anywhere from 1" to 3" binders full of different sets).

The thing is, I have many sets that are missing 1-3 cards and would really like to at least have a complete common set.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

Knightt, I'm your man here. I've been on a Marvel Card kick for the last few months and have been putting together major sets of what would have been the premium cards from the 90s...

Masterpieces, Marvel Metal, Flair, etc... Send me an email and lets get things rolling. I don't even care about card for card trades if we can help each other finish sets.

Seriously, hit me up... it's been a while since we sent each other anything anyway... loL!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

IMJ wrote:Knightt, I'm your man here. I've been on a Marvel Card kick for the last few months and have been putting together major sets of what would have been the premium cards from the 90s...

Masterpieces, Marvel Metal, Flair, etc... Send me an email and lets get things rolling. I don't even care about card for card trades if we can help each other finish sets.

Seriously, hit me up... it's been a while since we sent each other anything anyway... loL!
You got it, just have to put a list together... large Marvel list it seems sometimes, but I have a few extra sets all together as well. I am not even sure if I know all the sets. LOL Marvel Metal ? Like I have ONE card and have been 'meaning' to work on a set but so many things going on. I gots LOTS of Marvel 'extras' in that box. If you need 'em, they are yours. I work it like dat.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

I dabble a little bit.

I've picked up probably 5 sets or so across 2006 and 2007. I still have a large number of the cards I purchased new in the early 90s.

*SQUEE*
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by *SQUEE* »

Was when I was younger. Tossed em all years ago. Is this stuff even worth anything?

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

*SQUEE* wrote:Was when I was younger. Tossed em all years ago. Is this stuff even worth anything?
For the most part no. The occassional set here and there, the card here and there. I have picked up all of my stuff INCREDIBLY cheap these days.

So much for the non sports card market.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

Knightt wrote:
*SQUEE* wrote:Was when I was younger. Tossed em all years ago. Is this stuff even worth anything?
For the most part no. The occassional set here and there, the card here and there. I have picked up all of my stuff INCREDIBLY cheap these days.

PM sent. I'll work on that list tonight and we'll get the ball rolling. Hopefully we'll be able to knock one more obsessive collection off the list by completing it... ;)

JohnnyRnR
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by JohnnyRnR »

I've got a few boxes o' Deathmate incoming, so send a list. I need two of the common chases from Ultraverse II, I think 3 and 4. I have doubles of I believe every other common chase from that set. I'm also looking for some chases from both of The Maxx sets. I think 3 and 4 (and the card you would mail in for 5) from the first, and I don't know which from the second. Also looking for VEII stuff, especially box toppers, and Marvel Universe 4 and 5. And again also, the Valeria and Shaman rare cards from the Continuity promos.

Have you checked these out? They look awesome but a serious completist's nightmare.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepage ... cleg07.htm

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepage ... mrvleg.htm

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

try star wars sets with autos and refractors in chrome its ganna cost a mint :!:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I try to stay away from sets with autographs and articles of clothing and such, I learned my lesson with LOTR. :!: PLUS, I collected the British 'Flipz' Cards from the movies as well with different style STICKERS, normal, holochrome, holochrome in metal, holochrome in metal with plaid patter, holochrome with rainbow effect, and then a subset. I was SO lucky to get with the same person, she cut me a deal if I bought all three movies, so I did. When I got the sets in, there were missing stickers, doubles of stickers and the poor woman didnt know the sublte difference in each sticker... she ends up sending me 2,000 stickers for me to pick through to try and make my set complete. I still end up missing four and then I put each type of sticker in a baggie so she could tell the difference. But it was worth it as those Flipz are probably my proudest sets.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

superman-prime wrote:try star wars sets with autos and refractors in chrome its ganna cost a mint :!:
Hell, I have a hard enough time getting the vintage set complete with the stickers. I had bought over 6,000 of the vintage cards and a $hitload of figures from a guy in Maryland for only $100, he was getting divorces and trying to put the screws to his old lady = my gain. I had to buy another suitcase just to transport it all. Hell I had enough cards to make at least three complete sets from Star Wars to Empire Strikes Back with 'some' stickers. :( To this day, I do not have a complete set of Return of the Jedi common cards. Anybody have an extra set of those, blue or red ? Any stickers. Geez, this card collection is like 20 years in the making here.... :lol:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

JohnnyRnR wrote:I've got a few boxes o' Deathmate incoming, so send a list. I need two of the common chases from Ultraverse II, I think 3 and 4. I have doubles of I believe every other common chase from that set. I'm also looking for some chases from both of The Maxx sets. I think 3 and 4 (and the card you would mail in for 5) from the first, and I don't know which from the second. Also looking for VEII stuff, especially box toppers, and Marvel Universe 4 and 5. And again also, the Valeria and Shaman rare cards from the Continuity promos.

Have you checked these out? They look awesome but a serious completist's nightmare.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepage ... cleg07.htm

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepage ... mrvleg.htm
I am sure I can help out with Ultraverse, after I work things out with IMJ, I'll PM you.

I need only two chase cards to complete my Deathmate set. I have a etched foil Maxx card around here somewhere and can probably help with Marvel Universe 4 and 5 to a limited degree.

Again, after IMJ I will PM you. It'll probably be after 21 November as I get ready to leave again on Monday for Texas, come back to 4 days and then off to Seattle, WA for 10 days.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

IMJ wrote:
Knightt wrote:

PM sent. I'll work on that list tonight and we'll get the ball rolling. Hopefully we'll be able to knock one more obsessive collection off the list by completing it... ;)
I finished my travel vouchers from my business trips so now just to do the trip reports... after that I will start on my lists. I have at least pulled a few binders out and for me that is a good start.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

Knightt wrote: I need only two chase cards to complete my Deathmate set. I have a etched foil Maxx card around here somewhere and can probably help with Marvel Universe 4 and 5 to a limited degree.

Again, after IMJ I will PM you. It'll probably be after 21 November as I get ready to leave again on Monday for Texas, come back to 4 days and then off to Seattle, WA for 10 days.
I'm pretty sure I've got you covered on the Deathmate and probably most of the Marvel Universe cards. That AND the Marvel Metal and the other Marvel sets we've talked about.....

Check your PMs.... this is great timing though because as I mentioned here a few weeks ago, I SOMEHOW got bit by the card bug again and I have no idea how or why.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

IMJ wrote:
Knightt wrote: I need only two chase cards to complete my Deathmate set. I have a etched foil Maxx card around here somewhere and can probably help with Marvel Universe 4 and 5 to a limited degree.

I'm pretty sure I've got you covered on the Deathmate and probably most of the Marvel Universe cards. That AND the Marvel Metal and the other Marvel sets we've talked about.....

Check your PMs.... this is great timing though because as I mentioned here a few weeks ago, I SOMEHOW got bit by the card bug again and I have no idea how or why.
It doesnt take much for me to get the bug if it is cards or DU related. I'm kinda easy like that. :lol:

comicguy
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by comicguy »

Cheap and easy, only if you were a woman :?
Welcome to the Jungle!!

No it wasn't me that did that!!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Well, there are plenty of women like that out in the world... you just have to find the right one for you. You just have to look... and uh well, stop wearing that Green Lantern t-shirt all the time. That might help. :wink:

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Knightt wrote:and uh well, stop wearing that Green Lantern t-shirt all the time. That might help. :wink:
All things considered, I don't wear it all that often and it's a really cool t-shirt.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Chiclo wrote:
Knightt wrote:and uh well, stop wearing that Green Lantern t-shirt all the time. That might help. :wink:
All things considered, I don't wear it all that often and it's a really cool t-shirt.
Totally LOL...

Actually, I think I saw a GL t-shirt in freakin' WAL-MART !!! The Marvel merchandising is REALLY getting out there. I am amazed at how the superhero culture is permeating the common place in America. I think that it is great. Sure, Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man (maybe Captain America, I am not sure) are household names but with all the movies coming out.... the comic book geek is coming out all over America. I just worry that one day a comic book geek will be the President of the United States !!!! hahahahahaha

Can you imagine ?

"My fellow Americans... to protect the American People I am activating the Superhero Registration Act. As of midnight tonight, if any superhero does not regis...."

"MR. PRESIDENT... we don't HAVE any 'superheroes'.

"UH, well I'm just sayin'... ya know, if we HAD or ever DO have any superheroes."

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

This is the design:

http://stylinonline.stores.yahoo.net/grlafllo.html

I took it with me to SDCC 2006. I brought it along to change into for after-con drinks on Saturday and saw another dude wearing it. Unlike a woman's reaction where I would be angry and feel violated, I made a new friend.

I am wearing it there - bearded guy with the black t-shirt.

I was doing what everyone is supposed to do after-hours at comic con. Hanging out with niche celebrities who most people have never heard of nor would recognize what they have done if you told them.