Am I missing something?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

stone384
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Am I missing something?

Post by stone384 »

Do you notice what I did about these two auctions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=008

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=005

Is this a common practice with statues?

m

siren3-4
The best feeling I get is filling holes
The best feeling I get is filling holes

Post by siren3-4 »

I'm missing it . .what did you notice . . . :?

kikitwitme
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by kikitwitme »

Yeah I was staring at both auctions for awhile too, looking for the issue you're talking about. I was thinking that Waldo Image might pop up at any moment. What are you missing??

SnotDrip
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: Magnus Robot Fighter #1

Post by SnotDrip »

Throw us a frickin bone stone...

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

My guess is he's talking about the lack of a shipping price in both auctions.

stone384

Post by stone384 »

Ding! Ding! Winnah! So is this a common practice to say they will calculate shipping after an auction ends? I was going to bid on both of these until I noticed the lack of shipping prices. I have noticed this with a number of other statue auctions. They all seem to have bids, but no way would I take the chance. Frustrating.... :!:

m

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

stone384 wrote:

Ding! Ding! Winnah! So is this a common practice to say they will calculate shipping after an auction ends? I was going to bid on both of these until I noticed the lack of shipping prices. I have noticed this with a number of other statue auctions. They all seem to have bids, but no way would I take the chance. Frustrating.... :!:

m
I don't blame you for not bidding, I'm the same way. You just leave yourself wide open to shipping gougers when you bid on auctions like that. One of the auctions does say exact shipping and handling, but who knows what the "handling" charge would be.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
stone384 wrote:

m
I don't blame you for not bidding, I'm the same way. You just leave yourself wide open to shipping gougers when you bid on auctions like that. One of the auctions does say exact shipping and handling, but who knows what the "handling" charge would be.
I'll admit in the past I have run auctions like that, because I had no idea how much the package weighed and where I was shipping it to until after the auction ended and I wanted to charge exact shipping. I know it does turn off quite a few buyers and I would often get messages about what the postage cost would be even though I said in the auction I wouldn't know until it was done.

kikitwitme

Post by kikitwitme »

stone384 wrote:So is this a common practice to say they will calculate shipping after an auction ends? I was going to bid on both of these until I noticed the lack of shipping prices. I have noticed this with a number of other statue auctions. They all seem to have bids, but no way would I take the chance. Frustrating.... :!:

m
Ah! I hear ya'. On a side note - though I have not bought anything from the seller with the Wolverine as a brood statue, I was interested in bidding on one of their item. I emailed his/her inquiring about shipping cost and got a response right away. It was a shirt and shipping rate was $3.50. Not bad; unfortunately, the current bid before it ended was too high for me and I didn't bid.

Granted, a shirt and a statue would have two different prices but for that shipping price for a shirt I found it total acceptable. I have no idea why sellers just don't post shipping rates off the bat. Yeah its a total turn-off for buyers; however, if I'm really itchin' to get something I really want but have questions about I shoot the seller an email. (I got burned long time ago for winning a trade paperback that ended up costing more for shipping then the cost of the book at Borders - the seller didn't list their shipping price. Silly me for never bothered to ask before I won. I guess you live and learn.)

stone384

Post by stone384 »

I thought about asking for the shipping price, but I figured that the guy was in a situation similar to the one Brother J described. Where he didn't know what the cost would be until he went to the P.O. to find out. Oh well, I will just keep looking. Does anyone know what would be a decent price for shipping a statue?

m

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

no shipping or guesstimate = im not bidding on it